Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Republic of Congo
Feb 13, 2021 7:30 AM CST
Ashley Judd Details an 'Incredibly Harrowing 55 Hours'
Actress is healing from 'catastrophic' fall while doing conservation work in Democratic Republic of Congo
New York Times
columnist Nicholas Kristof had an Instagram Live chat on Friday with Ashley Judd, who was propped up in an ICU bed in a South Africa hospital. How she got there: She explained she'd had a recent "catastrophic" fall while doing conservation work tracking endangered bonobos...
'Schindler of Congo'
Now Needs Others' Help
Dec 24, 2015 8:23 AM CST
'Schindler of Congo' Now Needs Others' Help
Marrion P'Udongo helps orphans, kid soldiers, rape victims—and has bad kidney
- Marrion P'Udongo is recognized simply as "pastor" by many and has pulled off a laundry list of heroic acts in the war-torn Republic of the Congo , including assisting child soldiers and rape victims and helping manage an orphanage, per NBC News . His other nickname, the "Schindler of...
Peat Bog the
Size of England
May 27, 2014 1:13 PM CDT
Peat Bog the Size of England Discovered
Congolese find is some 23 feet deep
- The Republic of the Congo is home to a peat bog the size of England—but experts have only just discovered it. "There are parts of the planet that are still uncharted territory," says a scientist involved in the exploration of the site. "Few people venture into...
206 Dead in Congo Blasts
Mar 4, 2012 11:50 AM CST
206 Dead in Congo Blasts
Explosions rocked munitions depot in Brazzaville
- Blasts rocked the capital of the Republic of Congo this morning after a weapons depot caught fire, officials said, killing at least 206 people and forcing thousands to flee. A morgue in Brazzaville took in 136 bodies this afternoon, as more continued to arrive. A local hospital reported at least...
Popular on Newser
Brooke Shields Blasts Barbara Walters for 1980 Interview
Finally, Cause of City's 'Stench of Death' Is Revealed
Before His Execution, Man Confessed to Another Murder
More Bad News for Chris Cuomo
Rittenhouse Rethinks Trip to Kenosha
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.