Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman
Stories 1 - 20 |
New York Attorney General:
Trump Foundation Is a Sham
Jun 14, 2018 2:39 PM CDT
New York Attorney General: Trump Foundation Is a Sham
Barbara Underwood sues to shut it down, prevent Trumps from leading other charities
- New York's new attorney general came down hard on President Trump, the foundation that bears his name, and his three eldest children on Thursday. Barbara Underwood sued all of the above, alleging that the Donald J. Trump Foundation hasn't functioned as the charity it was set up to...
Trump Tweeted About
Schneiderman Years Ago
May 11, 2018 7:15 PM CDT
Trump Tweeted About Schneiderman Years Ago
The attorney had been approached by two women with allegations against the NY attorney general
- A New York lawyer said he told Trump attorney Michael Cohen years ago that former New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman was abusing women, reports the AP . Schneiderman, a frequent legal nemesis of the president, resigned this week after the
published the accounts of four women who said...
Fall Took 2 Hours, 59 Minutes
May 8, 2018 6:31 AM CDT
Schneiderman's 'Stunning' Fall Took 2 Hours, 59 Minutes
New York attorney general is leaving office Tuesday after allegations of physical abuse
published its story alleging that New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman physically abused four women at 6:47pm Eastern on Monday, and Schneiderman announced his resignation at 9:46pm, not quite three hours later, notes CNN media writer Brian Stelter. It was a "stunning" turn of...
NY Attorney General Resigns
Over Bombshell Allegations
May 7, 2018 9:10 PM CDT
NY Attorney General Resigns Over Bombshell Allegations
Eric Schneiderman is out after 4 women accuse him of physical abuse
- New York's attorney general has announced his resignation after four women accused the Democrat of physically abusing them. Eric Schneiderman released a statement late Monday saying the allegations will "effectively prevent him from leading the office's work" and he therefore will resign on the close of business...
Weinstein Co. Bankruptcy
Lifts Secrecy Agreements
Mar 20, 2018 1:03 AM CDT
Weinstein Co. Bankruptcy Lifts Secrecy Agreements
NY investigates handling of 2015 allegations
- The Weinstein Company has filed for bankruptcy—a move that could bring yet more sexual misconduct allegations against co-founder Harvey Weinstein to the surface. The movie and TV studio says that as part of the filing, all employees will be released from nondisclosure agreements. "Today, the Company also takes...
Alleged Victims May Get $90M
After Sale of Weinstein Co.
Mar 2, 2018 10:20 AM CST
Alleged Victims May Get $90M After Sale of Weinstein Co.
Up to 95% of company assets to be acquired in $500M deal
- The Weinstein Company will cease to exist as we know it under a new sale that also sets aside about $90 million for its co-founder Harvey Weinstein's alleged victims , reports the
New York Post
. The company's board has agreed to a $500 million deal to sell 90% to...
21 US States
Just Took New
Action on Net
Jan 17, 2018 10:22 AM CST
21 US States Just Took New Action on Net Neutrality
Lawsuit from attorneys general claims FCC broke the law by voting to repeal net neutrality rules
- A lawsuit filed Tuesday claims the FCC broke federal law when it voted to repeal net neutrality rules in a move labeled "arbitrary, capricious and an abuse of discretion," Reuters reports. As promised , a lawsuit filed by 21 state attorneys general, all Democrats, argues the FCC will allow...
NYC Food Fest Flops
Sep 13, 2017 10:22 AM CDT
'Rotten Scam': NYC Food Fest Flops
State probe launched into the 'Fyre Festival' of pizza
- Pizza lovers are blasting a Brooklyn food festival that apparently wasn't what it was sliced up to be. Fans who trekked to a "shady parking lot" for the New York City Pizza Festival on Saturday say they paid up to $75 for tickets, only to receive slices that...
Bad Sign for
Aug 31, 2017 8:43 AM CDT
Another Bad Sign for Manafort
Robert Mueller has teamed with NY's AG in a move that could thwart Trump's pardon
- Robert Mueller might already be considering the possibility that President Trump would pardon his former campaign chairman should Mueller's investigation uncover any wrongdoing. Citing several sources, Politico reports that the special counsel has teamed up with New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman to investigate Paul Manafort's financial transactions,...
Tiny NY Community With Nazi
Roots Hit With Big Change
May 22, 2017 10:12 AM CDT
Tiny NY Community With Nazi Roots Hit With Big Change
Enclave in Yaphank must now allow non-Germans to buy houses there
- An enclave of former summer bungalows, where Nazi sympathizers once marched near streets named for Adolf Hitler, is being forced to open ownership to people of non-German descent. The German American Settlement League, which once welcomed tens of thousands in the 1930s to pro-Nazi marches on eastern Long Island, has...
Mar 31, 2017 1:40 PM CDT
Ex-Trump U Students Have Reason to Celebrate
Judge just OKed a $25M settlement, ending 7 years in court
- A judge on Friday approved an agreement for President Donald Trump to pay $25 million to settle lawsuits over his now-defunct Trump University, ending nearly seven years of legal battles with customers who claimed they were misled by failed promises to teach success in real estate. US District Judge Gonzalo...
Rex Tillerson Used Email Alias
'Wayne Tracker' at Exxon
Mar 14, 2017 12:06 PM CDT
Rex Tillerson Used Email Alias 'Wayne Tracker' at Exxon
At least in missives about climate change, says New York attorney general
- An investigation into whether Exxon Mobil misled investors regarding its knowledge of climate change has revealed that former CEO and current Secretary of State Rex Tillerson used an alias email address to discuss the subject, says New York's attorney general. In a letter to a New York judge on...
New York Orders
to Stop All
Oct 3, 2016 12:32 PM CDT
New York Orders Trump Foundation to Stop All Fundraising
It's not properly certified
- More bad news for Donald Trump: New York state has ordered his Trump Foundation to immediately stop soliciting money from people because it's not properly certified as a charity, reports the
New York Times
. The office of State Attorney General Eric Schneiderman sent the foundation a cease-and-desist order Friday...
NY AG Is
Sep 14, 2016 12:03 AM CDT
NY AG Is Investigating Trump Charity
He says office is looking into reports of 'impropriety'
- A new headache for Donald Trump: New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman has confirmed that the Donald J. Trump Foundation charity is being investigated "to make sure it's complying with the laws governing charities in New York," Politico reports. Schneiderman tells CNN that his office is the...
Gets Jail for
Nov 17, 2015 9:09 AM CST
Papa John's Franchisee Gets Jail for Dodging Overtime
NYC owner also to cough up more than $500K in back pay, damages, penalties
- A Papa John's owner tried to make a buck off his employees' backs, and now he's paying big time. Abdul Jamil Khokhar, who owns nine of the chain's restaurants in the NYC area along with BMY Foods, has pleaded guilty to not paying the correct minimum wage...
Medical Debt Gets a Break in Credit-Report Overhaul
Mar 9, 2015 11:39 AM CDT
Medical Debt Gets a Break in Credit-Report Overhaul
Big 3 agencies agree to revamp system to better address errors, medical bills
- Good news for consumers who've had to play the waiting game to pay off medical debt: The three largest credit-reporting agencies in the US are working together to overhaul their systems to take better care of customer issues and the way medical debt is handled, Reuters reports. In a...
Aug 25, 2013 11:13 AM CDT
Trump U Sued for Fraud, $40M
NY AG claims Donald's school failed to deliver on overpriced education
- Trump University just took a hit from the School of Hard Knocks: New York's attorney general yesterday sued the Donald and his eponymous school for a hefty $40 million for defrauding students. "Trading on his celebrity status, Mr. Trump personally appeared in advertisements making false promises to convince...
NY Attorney General
Over Superstorm Sandy
Nov 14, 2012 7:05 PM CST
NY Attorney General Investigates Utilities Over Superstorm Sandy
Schneiderman wants to know if Con-Ed, LIPA were unprepared
- The Long Island Power Authority and ConEd don't just have frustrated customers to worry about—the state's attorney general has opened investigations into how they prepared for superstorm Sandy and handled its aftermath, reports the
Wall Street Journal
. Eric Schneiderman has subpoenaed records seeking details, a source tells...
In Face of Gas Woes,
Great News at the Pump
Nov 5, 2012 1:39 PM CST
In Face of Gas Woes, Great News at the Pump
Gas prices falling everywhere else, but crisis persists in worst-hit areas
- More steps in the effort to ease the post-Hurricane Sandy fuel crisis: UPI reports that the EPA lifted clean diesel regulations in the New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and NYC area, allowing vehicles to use heating oil for emergency response purposes, while the Energy Department said it was working with the Pentagon...
Bear Stearns Email Refers
to Bonds as 'Sack of S***'
Oct 2, 2012 1:21 PM CDT
Bear Stearns Email Refers to Bonds as 'Sack of S***'
But the bank kept foisting them on investors, says lawsuit
- Today's newly filed lawsuit accuses Bear Stearns—now owned by JPMorgan Chase—of knowingly pushing rotten mortgage securities onto investors before the financial meltdown. And how might federal prosecutors go about proving it? It won't hurt that they've got Bear Stearns emails referring to one deal as...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Law & Order Actress Drowns in NY River
Witness at Surprise Jan. 6 Hearing Is Revealed
Trump Reportedly Lunged for Steering Wheel on Jan. 6
46 Found Dead in 18-Wheeler in San Antonio
As Testimony Ends, Cheney's Closing Called 'Stunning'
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.