Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Outrage Over Naked Game of Tag in Nazi Gas Chamber
Video filmed at Stutthof camp part of 2015 art exhibition in Poland
- The 5-minute video shows a group of naked people playing tag. Now Holocaust survivor groups want to know how the video was allowed to be filmed inside a gas chamber at a former Nazi camp where 65,000 people were killed, the BBC reports. According to the
Internet Doesn't Like La. Pol's Auschwitz Gas Chamber Video
Auschwitz Memorial's Twitter account was especially irate at Rep. Clay Higgins
- A video that went up on Lee Johnson Media's YouTube channel on Saturday is causing grief for the Louisiana congressman behind the footage. The
reports on Rep. Clay Higgin's perhaps ill-thought-out recording, a five-minute reel that he apparently thought would have more impact if he shot it...
Oklahoma Debates Death by Nitrogen for Inmates
Rep. Mike Christian: executions with nitrogen gas deplete oxygen, are painless
- Tennessee has brought back the electric chair ; Utah's considering reviving the firing squad . Now Oklahoma Republicans are making a push to build a $300,000 gas chamber in the Oklahoma State Penitentiary in McAlester, using nitrogen gas as a backup plan to lethal injection in executions, the AP reports....
Gas Chambers Discovered at Razed Death Camp
Sobibor dig also uncovers inscribed wedding ring
- After seven years of searching, archaeologists digging in Poland have found the exact location of the Sobibor death camp's gas chambers. Less had been known about this concentration camp's chambers, which were razed by the Nazis along with the rest of the site following a prisoner uprising in...
1 in 5 Americans: Bring Back the Gas Chamber
NBC News poll finds most back alternative execution methods
- If one in five Americans had their way, the US wouldn't need to worry about an execution drug shortage because, well, we'd be gassing convicts. According to an NBC News poll, about two-thirds of 800 respondents said they would support alternative methods of execution: 20% are for gas...
Lethal Drugs Now Rare, States Eye Old-School Executions
Drug shortage raises talk of firing squads, electrocution
- With lethal-injection drugs in short supply and new questions looming about their effectiveness, lawmakers in some death penalty states are considering bringing back relics of a more gruesome past: firing squads, electrocutions, and gas chambers. Most states abandoned those execution methods more than a generation ago, but to some elected...
Missouri: We May Have to Bring Back Gas Chambers
Attorney general warns state supreme court
- If the Missouri supreme court doesn't start letting the state schedule lethal injection executions again—and soon—the state may be forced to revert to the gas chamber, Attorney General Chris Koster warned this week. The trouble began when drug companies started refusing to sell their products to corrections...
Popular on Newser
PSA From Family Sickened by COVID: 'We Feel Guilty'
Mass Shooting Suspect Grins in Mug Shot
Actress to Will Smith: 'I Lost Everything'
Biden Pick's Unusual Hobby: 'He's a Rocker'
Controversial Trump Lawyer Gets the Boot
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
Newser In Your Inbox
Get The Morning 8: The eight stories you need to know, bright and early.
View all Newsletters and sign up
Get our apps
Install our app
Suggest a Story
© 2020 Newser, LLC. All rights reserved.
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.