Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Two Marine Generals Fired Over Afghan Attack
Did not adequately protect camp from attack that killed 2, says commandant
- Two US Marine generals in Afghanistan have been given the boot after a Taliban attack on base last year left two Marines dead and destroyed six US fighter jets worth $200 million. Gen. James Amos, the commandant of the Marine Corps, says Maj. Gen. Charles M. Gurganus and Maj. Gen....
Britain Reveals Its Version of Guantanamo
As many as 90 Afghans being held without trial at Camp Bastion
- Britain is taking a page out of the US' book, quietly running a prison in Afghanistan where 80 to 90 people have been held without charges for as long as 14 months. Defense Secretary Philip Hammond confirmed the prison's existence at Camp Bastion to the BBC today, after lawyers...
British Soldier Gives Birth in Afghanistan
Gunner didn't know she was pregnant
- War zone medics more accustomed to treating bullet wounds delivered a baby boy at Afghanistan's Camp Bastion after a British soldier came to them complaining of severe stomach pains. The mother, a gunner in the Royal Artillery, had no idea that she was pregnant before the baby arrived, healthy...
Taliban: We'll Kidnap or Kill Prince Harry
Prince stationed in volatile province for four month tour
- The Taliban is hell-bent on harming Prince Harry during his latest combat tour in Afghanistan. "We are using all our strength to get rid of him, either by killing or kidnapping," a spokesman for the Afghan Taliban told Reuters today. "We have informed our commanders in Helmand...
Popular on Newser
Mysterious Monolith Discovered in Utah
Secret NYC Wedding Was Attended by Thousands
Trump: We're Still Fighting
Under Fire From Progressives, Feinstein Makes a Change
Congratulations, Trump Says, but Not to Biden
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
Newser In Your Inbox
Get The Morning 8: The eight stories you need to know, bright and early.
View all Newsletters and sign up
Get our apps
Install our app
Suggest a Story
© 2020 Newser, LLC. All rights reserved.
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.