Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Abu Hamza al-Masri
Egyptian Cleric Found Guilty on All Counts
Abu Hamza al-Masri found guilty of terrorism
- A radical London imam who was extradited to the US on terrorism charges was found guilty today on all 11 counts, Reuters reports. Prosecutors accused Abu Hamza al-Masri—who is partially blind and has no hands—of trying to build a terrorist training camp in Oregon, shipping off a young...
Egyptian Cleric Pleads Not Guilty in NY Court
Abu Hamza al-Masri accused of backing US terror training camp
- Abu Hamza al-Masri has pleaded not guilty of conspiring to set up a terrorist training camp in Oregon. The Egyptian cleric entered the plea in New York City today after being extradited from Britain , the AP reports. Two others who arrived from the UK, Khaled al-Fawwaz and Adel Abdul Bary,...
Egyptian Cleric Arrives, Makes No Plea in Court
Abu Hamza al-Masri, four others taken to federal courts
- A partially blind extremist Egyptian-born preacher and four other terrorism suspects appeared in federal courts today, hours after they lost years-long extradition fights in Britain and were transported to the US under tight security to face trial. The preacher, Abu Hamza al-Masri, entered no plea to charges of conspiring with...
Radical Cleric to Be Extradited to US
Al-Masri, 4 others might be on a plane today
- Radical preacher Abu Hamza al-Masri and four other terror suspects who have fought for years to avoid facing charges in the United States have no more grounds for appeal and can be extradited from Britain immediately, Britain's High Court ruled today. The British government said it planned to put...
Radical London Cleric Still Fighting Extradition to US
Abu Hamza al-Masri launches new attempt
- Abu Hamza al-Masri isn't giving up: Days after the European Court of Human Rights rejected his attempt to avoid extradition to the US on terror charges, al-Masri has launched a new attempt with the High Court. A judge issued interim injunctions after receiving the applications so that al-Masri...
UK to Extradite Radical Muslim, 4 Others to US
Abu Hamza al-Masri loses appeal in British court
- A European court ruled today that radical Muslim cleric Abu Hamza al-Masri can be extradited to the United States to face terrorism charges, including allegedly trying to set up an al-Qaeda training camp in rural Oregon. The decision ends a long-running legal battle and means that al-Masri, considered one of...
Radical London Cleric Will Face NY Terror Trial
'Hook' linked to 1998 Yemen attacks; preached martyrdom
- Radical Islamic cleric Abu Hamza, known to FBI agents as “hook” because of his metal hand, will be sent to New York to face terrorism charges, ABC News reports. British officials said today they plan to extradite within 28 days the former leader of a London mosque, who faces...
UK Court OKs Radical Cleric's US Extradition
Al-Masri tried to build a terrorist training camp in Oregon, US says
- Radical Islamic cleric Abu Hamza al-Masri could be extradited to the US, thanks to a British court ruling today. Hamza is serving a seven-year prison term for inciting his congregation to murder, but US charges, which include attempting to set up a terrorist training camp in Oregon, could put the...
Popular on Newser
Biden Pick's Unusual Hobby: 'He's a Rocker'
Mysterious Monolith Discovered in Utah
He Ordered One Beer, Left Massive Tip
PSA From Family Sickened by COVID: 'We Feel Guilty'
GSA Boss Wants Law Changed
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
Newser In Your Inbox
Get The Morning 8: The eight stories you need to know, bright and early.
View all Newsletters and sign up
Get our apps
Install our app
Suggest a Story
© 2020 Newser, LLC. All rights reserved.
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.