Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Queen's 12th Great-Grandchild
Is Here, and Finally Has a Name
Oct 1, 2021 1:56 PM CDT
Queen's 12th Great-Grandchild Is Here, and Finally Has a Name
Princess Beatrice, husband Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi welcome new daughter Sienna Elizabeth
- Britain's Princess Beatrice and her husband, Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi, have named their newborn daughter Sienna Elizabeth. In a tweet Friday, Beatrice revealed the name—in full, Sienna Elizabeth Mapelli Mozzi—alongside a picture of the newborn's footprints, per the AP . Sienna Elizabeth is Queen Elizabeth II's 12th...
Of Course There's Drama Over
Meghan and Harry's Baby Name
Jun 9, 2021 10:45 AM CDT
Of Course There's Drama Over Meghan and Harry's Baby Name
Did they get the queen's OK to use Lilibet, and when?
- As one might expect, there's been plenty of hand-wringing about whether Harry and Meghan did or did not ask the queen for permission/her blessing in bestowing her nickname on their newly born baby girl, Lilibet Diana Mountbatten-Windsor . A palace source tells the BBC the queen wasn't consulted about...
BBC Host Fired for 'Unthinking
Gag' About Baby Archie
May 9, 2019 8:07 AM CDT
BBC Host Fired for 'Unthinking Gag' About Baby Archie
Danny Baker tweeted pic that showed new royal baby as a chimpanzee
- While the world gobbled up news about the new royal baby this week, a BBC broadcaster had another way of heralding the arrival of Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor—and he's since been fired for it. The BBC reports that after the announcement of Archie's birth, Danny Baker, host of...
Has to Say
About Royal Baby
May 6, 2019 5:20 PM CDT
Here's What Meghan Markle's Estranged Dad Has to Say About Royal Baby
And more on the birth of Baby Sussex
- Things are not good between Meghan, the Duchess of Sussex, and her estranged father, but that didn't stop Thomas Markle from talking to a British tabloid about the birth of his new grandson. Thomas Markle told the
he hopes the baby born to Meghan and her husband...
Welcomes First Child
Oct 16, 2018 10:50 AM CDT
Pippa Middleton Welcomes First Child
It's a boy cousin for George, Charlotte, and Louis
- The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have new titles: uncle and aunt. Kate Middleton's younger sister, Pippa, gave birth to her first child , a son, with husband James Matthews on Monday at St. Mary's Hospital in London. There's no word yet on a name, though "everyone...
There's a New
on the Way
Oct 15, 2018 6:50 AM CDT
There's a New Royal Baby on the Way
Meghan, Harry share happy news
- Prince Harry and the Duchess of Sussex, formerly Meghan Markle, shared some happy news as they began their first overseas tour. Kensington Palace says the duchess is pregnant with the couple's first child and is due to give birth in the spring. The couple wed in May and royal-watchers...
Royal Baby's Name
Apr 27, 2018 6:01 AM CDT
Royal Baby's Name 'Confounds Expectations'
Meet Louis Arthur Charles, aka 'His Royal Highness Prince Louis of Cambridge'
- George, Charlotte, and … Louis. A name has finally been bestowed upon the youngest child of Prince William and Kate Middleton, reports
, ending four days of suspense since the baby's birth on whether the couple would go traditional or adventurous. Louis Arthur Charles is the boy's full...
With Royal Birth, Kate
Channels Princess Di
Apr 23, 2018 2:14 PM CDT
With Royal Birth, Kate Channels Princess Di
It's the dress
- It's perhaps not the nicest adjective to assign to a new baby: a "porker," said Sky News presenter Kay Burley of Prince William and Kate Middleton's third child , who the
reports is thought to be the heaviest "future king" in more than 100...
Kate, William Reveal
When 3rd Baby Will Arrive
Oct 17, 2017 11:21 AM CDT
Kate, William Reveal When 3rd Baby Will Arrive
Royal baby is expected in April
- The third royal baby born to Prince William and wife Kate is expected to be a spring baby,
reports. "Their Royal Highnesses the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are delighted to confirm they are expecting a baby in April," Kensington Palace announced in a statement Tuesday. The...
Birth Gets $65K
Sep 19, 2016 3:14 PM CDT
Journo Fired for Ignoring Prince George's Birth Gets $65K
Former BBC producer in Sri Lanka opted to cover Sri Lankan news instead
- Not everyone was swept up by Royal Baby fever back in 2013, but not everyone lost their job for ignoring the birth of Prince George , either. A little bit of satisfaction and about $65,000 now belongs to Chandana Keerthi Bandara, a former producer for the BBC's Sri Lankan...
Jun 5, 2015 10:16 AM CDT
Princess Charlotte's Christening Details Announced
She'll be christened at same church where Princess Di was
- Princess Charlotte, the newborn daughter of Prince William and Kate, will be christened in a private ceremony next month, officials said today. The ceremony is set for July 5 at St. Mary Magdalene Church on Queen Elizabeth II's sprawling Sandringham estate in Norfolk, on England's eastern coast. Princess...
Sorry It Named
May 7, 2015 8:01 AM CDT
Japanese Zoo Sorry It Named Baby Monkey 'Charlotte'
Naming macaque after England's new princess has proved a royal pain
- A month ago, no one would have said boo about the name chosen by a Japanese zoo for its new baby monkey. But a month ago, Princess Charlotte Elizabeth Diana hadn't yet entered the world, and now Takasakiyama Natural Zoological Garden is fielding a "barrage of complaints" about...
May 4, 2015 10:39 AM CDT
William, Kate Reveal Their Daughter's Name
It's Charlotte Elizabeth Diana
- The royal baby has a name. "The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are delighted to announce that they have named their daughter Charlotte Elizabeth Diana," Kensington Palace announced on Twitter . "The baby will be known as Her Royal Highness Princess Charlotte of Cambridge." The name, of...
Meet the Newest Princess
May 2, 2015 2:51 PM CDT
Meet the Newest Princess
Kate and William take their daughter home
- Such royal efficiency. After Duchess Kate gave birth at 8:34am local time in London, she and William left St. Mary's Hospital about nine hours later and showed off their newborn girl before heading home. As
observes, Kate "did not look as if she had just...
Why This Royal Baby
May 2, 2015 8:34 AM CDT
Why This Royal Baby Is 'Historic'
She will keep her spot in line to the throne, regardless of next child's gender
- Britain is going wild over the princess many (including Prince Charles ) were hoping for—and as
notes, the royal baby girl born this morning to Prince William and wife Kate is also making history because of her gender. Due to recent revisions to the rules of succession...
It's a Girl for
Kate and William
May 2, 2015 5:23 AM CDT
It's a Girl for Kate and William
Palace announces royal baby's birth
- Prince Charles got his wish : The palace has announced that Prince William and wife Kate have welcomed a baby girl. Earlier , the palace confirmed Kate had entered the Lindo wing at St. Mary's Hospital at 6am local time today with William by her side; that's the same hospital...
Reveals His Baby Bias
May 1, 2015 9:42 AM CDT
Prince Charles Reveals His Baby Bias
He weighs in with his official vote: granddaughter
- Is Britain getting a new princess? Prince Charles certainly hopes so. The monarchy and royal fans worldwide are keenly awaiting the birth of Prince William and the Duchess of Cambridge's second child. Kate, who has said she was due around late April, now appears to be several days overdue....
Royal Baby No. 2 Due in April
Oct 20, 2014 6:20 AM CDT
Royal Baby No. 2 Due in April
And Kate is feeling better, expected to attend official functions
- The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have confirmed that their second baby is due in April—the first time they've offered a month for the royal birth. Kensington Palace also said in a statement today that the duchess, who has been sidelined by a prolonged bout of severe morning...
It's Been a
'Tricky Few Days'
Sep 8, 2014 10:58 AM CDT
Prince William: It's Been a 'Tricky Few Days'
But Kate Middleton 'feeling OK,' he says
- Prince William spoke to reporters about wife Kate's pregnancy today, saying it's been a "tricky few days" since she is, once again, suffering from what Kensington Palace calls "very acute morning sickness." Even so, the prince says, the pregnancy is "great news" and the...
Palace: Kate Pregnant Again
Sep 8, 2014 7:44 AM CDT
Palace: Kate Pregnant Again
Prince William, Kate expecting second royal baby
- Get ready for another few months of royal baby fever: Buckingham Palace announced today that Prince William and the Duchess-formerly-known-as-Kate-Middleton are expecting their second child, CNN reports. Once again, the world has learned the news because Kate is extremely sick ; she's being treated for hyperemesis gravidarum at Kensington Palace...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Oprah on Beverly Hills Murder: 'World Is Upside Down'
Sheriff: Church Musician Killed His Family, Then Called Cops
'The Big Ragoo' Has Died at 69
Suspect in Christmas Parade Tragedy Talks to Fox News
In Case of Surgeon With Omicron, Cause for Optimism
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.