Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Cops Put Cheetos
in 4/20 'Trap' for
Apr 21, 2017 11:37 AM CDT
Cops Put Cheetos in 4/20 'Trap' for Pot Smokers
They say the joke has a serious purpose
- If Minnesota's Wyoming Police Department had been serious, it might've actually nabbed some pot smokers with its "discreet" trap on 4/20 . As it is, the department instead got plenty of laughs —and even praise —for a tweeted photo showing an officer holding a net near...
As Weed Hits Mainstream,
Businesses Brace for 4/20
Apr 20, 2017 1:14 PM CDT
As Weed Hits Mainstream, Businesses Brace for 4/20
'We're just expecting to get slammed'
- April 20 isn't just a holiday for stoners: In a world where recreational marijuana is legal in eight states, it's basically the entire Christmas shopping season rolled into a single day for pot businesses. "We're just expecting to get slammed," the owner of a smoking...
'420' So Stoners
Won't Steal It
Aug 18, 2015 8:09 PM CDT
Idaho Ditches Mile Marker '420' So Stoners Won't Steal It
Instead, drivers will pass marker 419.9
- If you're looking for milepost 420, you won't find it in on a stretch of highway near Coeur d'Alene, Idaho. State transportation officials say the mile marker on US Highway 95 has been replaced with one for 419.9—to curb thieves eager to own a number...
Why Is It Called 4/20 Anyway?
Apr 20, 2015 1:02 PM CDT
Why Is It Called 4/20 Anyway?
You can thank a bunch of California stoners in the 1970s
- Happy 4/20, hippies! In honor of marijuana's biggest day of the year, potheads nationwide will light up $4.20 joints, throw 4/20 concerts, hold 4/20 bake-offs, ring in 4:20pm—and some will even do it legally, now that the Man has horned in on the action—all in...
Colorado Lights It Up
With (Legal) 4/20 Bash
Apr 20, 2014 1:07 PM CDT
Colorado Lights It Up With (Legal) 4/20 Bash
Tens of thousands throng Denver for pot holiday
- Potheads in Colorado aren't letting a little thing like the fact that The Man says it's OK deter them from lighting up a 4/20 weekend that's suddenly gone mainstream: As CNN reports, the Mile High City is throwing itself a party that by some estimates has attracted...
How 4/20 Became
'National Weed Day'
Apr 20, 2013 3:02 PM CDT
How 4/20 Became 'National Weed Day'
It all started as a high school in-joke in 1971
- It's April 20, the day on which marijuana enthusiasts around the country celebrate their favorite smokable green herb at events like the Cannabis Cup in Denver and Snoop Lion's (nee-Dogg's) 420 Festival in LA. But
April 20? The tradition can be traced back to a group...
Popular on Newser
Only a Whirlwind Can Save Mars Lander
'Payton, You're a Coward!'
Planned Fix for Sinking Tower Hits Big Snag
Dubya Makes 'Freudian Slip of the Century'
Female Soldier's Promotion Ceremony Took Lewd Turn
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.