Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
8 Chinese Tourists
Walk Into Israeli
Rack Up $4.4K Tab
in case you missed it
Sep 17, 2016 7:28 AM CDT
8 Chinese Tourists Walk Into Israeli Hummus Joint, Rack Up $4.4K Tab
Israel investigating whether they were gouged
- How did eight Chinese tourists rack up a tab worth about $4,400 at an Israeli hummus restaurant? That's what the Israeli Foreign Ministry is asking after the group was charged a hefty 16,500 shekels for dinner, the
New York Daily News
reports. "By behaving this way...
Israeli Cafe Gives
50% Off Hummus
for Jews, Arabs
Oct 20, 2015 1:24 PM CDT
Israeli Cafe Gives 50% Off Hummus for Jews, Arabs Who Co-Dine
Israeli eatery hopes common bond of chickpeas will ease ongoing tensions
- In a month marred by violence between Israelis and Palestinians, one little Israeli café is trying to give chickpeas a chance. The Hummus Bar in Kfar Vitkin is offering half-off hummus to tables of Jews and Arabs dining together, the
Times of Israel
reports. "With us we don't...
May 28, 2014 1:24 PM CDT
FDA's Next Frontier: Hummus?
Hummus maker Sabra wants some standards, people
- Sure, any idiot can throw chickpeas, tahini, and some other deliciousness in a food processor and call it "hummus." But Sabra, which Yahoo notes is owner of 65% of the burgeoning American market for hummus, wants the FDA to make sure that manufacturers are putting actual chickpeas and...
America's Hot New Crop
Is ... Chickpeas?
May 4, 2013 10:27 AM CDT
America's Hot New Crop Is ... Chickpeas?
That's because hummus sales are booming, says Wall Street Journal
- Look out, US snackers, here comes the hummus. So says the
Wall Street Journal
, which declares that the relatively healthy Mediterranean dip made from chickpeas is "conquering America." The numbers are hard to dispute: Sales were up 11% last year to $530 million, and that's up 25%...
Popular on Newser
Longtime ESPN Journalist Comes Out as Transgender
Trump at State AG Deposition: I Plead the Fifth
Illinois Has a New Name for 'Delicious' Invasive Species
Fred Savage Accusers: His Eyes Would Go 'Dead'
Her Photo Was Used for Story About 'Fat' Women. Now She's Suing
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.