Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
The Coronavirus Pandemic
Confirmed US cases: 1,909,000+ »
Read our complete coverage here »
Parasite Sickens Dozens Who Ate McDonald's Salads
The contamination has so far spread to six states
- A multi-state outbreak of a non-fatal, but nasty, infection has sickened at least dozens and has been traced to McDonald's. The chain has yanked salads from its menu in some 3,000 locations after customers in six states became ill with a parasite called cyclospora. Per
Parasite Tied to Poop-Infected Cilantro Hits 26 States
384 Americans have had cyclosporiasis this year: CDC, FDA
- The number of Americans this year affected by a nasty stomach bug tied to poop-contaminated cilantro has reached 384 across 26 states, including Texas, Wisconsin, and Georgia, authorities say, per CNN . The CDC and FDA say the outbreak of cyclosporiasis—appearing in the US for a fourth summer in a...
Salad May Not Be Only Culprit in Diarrhea Outbreak
The 'epidemiology looks a bit different' says one official
- The cyclospora outbreak, believe to be linked to prepackaged salad in Iowa and Nebraska, just got a little ickier: Experts say that salad may not be the sole source of the stomach bug, which causes "sometimes explosive diarrhea"and has now sickened a confirmed 397 people across 16 states...
Hundreds Sick After Eating ... Salad?
Cyclospora outbreak in Iowa and Nebraska traced back to prepackaged salad mix
- Hundreds of people in Iowa and Nebraska are suffering from a stomach bug , and health officials think they've found the culprit: lettuce. A prepackaged salad mix has been linked to an outbreak of cyclospora, hitting at least 145 in Iowa and 78 in Nebraska, reports the AP . The salad...
Mysterious Stomach Bug Hits 7 States, 275 People
CDC, FDA investigating cyclospora infections
- Federal health authorities say more than 275 people in seven states have now been sickened with an unidentified stomach bug. The Food and Drug Administration is investigating the cyclospora infections, which are often found in tropical or subtropical countries and have been linked to imported fresh produce in the past....
Popular on Newser
A Second Major COVID Study Is Retracted
Ivanka Trump Isn't Happy After Getting 'Cancelled'
Facebook Resignations Add Pressure on Trump Posts
Black Lives Matter Doesn't Like DC Mayor's Big Move
Cops on Trail Attack: 'We Have the Bike. We Have the Clothes.'
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
Newser In Your Inbox
Get The Morning 8: The eight stories you need to know, bright and early.
View all Newsletters and sign up
Get our apps
Suggest a Story
© 2020 Newser, LLC. All rights reserved.
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.