Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Yellowstone Concessions Worker Falls Into Canyon
Estefania Alcivar, 21, was talking with coworkers when she fell
- A 21-year-old concession worker fell to her death early Friday in Yellowstone National Park, Reuters reports. Estefania Alcivar was hanging out with coworkers near the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone River around 3:15 am when her coworkers say she fell into the canyon. According to the
Ancient Canyon Found Buried Deep in Tibet
Geologists say it appears to have formed in an unusual way
- A very old and very deep canyon lies alongside the Yarlung Tsangpo River in southern Tibet, near the eastern end of the Himalayas, and its recent discovery is prompting geologists to rethink a popular model currently used to explain how the gorges of the Himalayas came to form so quickly...
Even Deeper 'Grand Canyon' Found Under Antarctic Ice
It's almost 2 miles at its deepest
- It looks like the Grand Canyon has some pretty stiff competition near both poles. In August, scientists announced they had found a Greenland canyon that dwarfs the famed one in Arizona. Now, researchers have repeated the feat—and then some—in the Antarctic. Phys.Org reports that a group of...
Scientists Accidentally Discover Even
In Greenland, but no one's ever seen it
- Scientists have—totally by accident—come across a hidden canyon that dwarfs the Grand one, the BBC reports. The researchers were using radar to map out Greenland's bedrock when they stumbled upon the 2,625-foot deep feature, which, at 500 miles, is longer than the Grand Canyon's 277...
Popular on Newser
We Know How That Utah Monolith Disappeared
Reports: Mom Kept Son Locked Up for Nearly 30 Years
Hannity Has New Advice for Trump
Hunter Shot What He Thought Was a Deer. He Was Wrong
Georgia Republicans Worried About Trump's Message
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
Newser In Your Inbox
Get The Morning 8: The eight stories you need to know, bright and early.
View all Newsletters and sign up
Get our apps
Install our app
Suggest a Story
© 2020 Newser, LLC. All rights reserved.
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.