Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Metro-North train crash
How Woman's SUV
Ended Up on Tracks
Feb 5, 2015 7:59 AM CST
How Woman's SUV Ended Up on Tracks a Mystery
As other victims of Metro-North crash are remembered
- The investigation into what caused Tuesday's deadly Metro-North crash in Valhalla, NY, is focusing on how a mother of three described by friends as "responsible" ended up in the crossing as a train hurtled toward her. Ellen Brody, 49, of Edgemont was the driver of the SUV; she...
6 Dead in NY Train-SUV Crash
Feb 4, 2015 7:16 AM CST
6 Dead in NY Train-SUV Crash
Vehicle was stuck on tracks 20 miles north of NYC
- A crowded commuter train slammed into a sport utility vehicle on the tracks at a suburban New York crossing and burst into flames last night, killing six people and seriously injuring nearly a dozen in the railroad's deadliest crash, authorities say. The collision involving a Metro-North Railroad train and...
Sources: Train Driver
May Have Fallen Asleep
Dec 3, 2013 7:53 AM CST
Sources: Train Driver May Have Fallen Asleep
William Rockefeller alternately described as 'zoned out'
- Sources are telling the media slightly different versions of what the Metro-North train driver was doing moments before the crash, but the underlying theme is this: William Rockefeller was out of it. In DNAInfo's telling, the 46-year-old engineer actually fell asleep at the helm, and woke up just as...
NTSB: Wrecked Train Did
82mph in 30mph Zone
Dec 2, 2013 3:40 PM CST
NTSB: Wrecked Train Did 82mph in 30mph Zone
Investigators go over train's data recorders
- The National Transportation Safety Board says a train that derailed in New York City was traveling 82 mph as it approached a 30 mph zone. The Metro-North Railroad commuter train jumped the tracks Sunday morning along a sharp curve where the speed limit drops from 70 mph to 30 mph....
Don't Get Mass Transit
Dec 2, 2013 1:58 PM CST
Why Politicians Don't Get Mass Transit
Ray LaHood wants better infrastructure after crash, but it'll never happen
- In the wake of the train disaster in the Bronx , Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood took to MSNBC and called on lawmakers to invest in America's "50-year-old transit systems." But when it comes to public transit, that plea will probably fall on deaf ears. "Mass transit is...
Train Crash Killed
Dec 2, 2013 7:41 AM CST
Train Crash Killed Rockefeller Center Tree Worker
Lighting expert, 3 others mourned as inquiry begins
- A sad twist in yesterday's horrific train derailment in the Bronx: One of the four people killed when the train came off the rails at a riverside curve was lighting and sound expert Jim Lovell, who was on his way to help set up the famous Rockefeller Christmas tree...
Popular on Newser
More Bad News for Chris Cuomo
Brooke Shields Blasts Barbara Walters for 1980 Interview
Finally, Cause of City's 'Stench of Death' Is Revealed
Rittenhouse Rethinks Trip to Kenosha
Before His Execution, Man Confessed to Another Murder
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.