Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Norwegian Cruise Line
Cruise Cancels at Sea,
Jan 15, 2022 5:35 PM CST
Cruise Cancels at Sea, Stranding Passengers
Norwegian Gem was nearly halfway through its itinerary when COVID issues hit
- Four days into a 10-day cruise, the trip was canceled because of COVID issues. That leaves the passengers who left New York on Sunday floating, stranded at sea,
reports. Any hopes Aimee Focaraccio, who spent the day in St. Maarten, had for an early return were dashed by...
CDC: Don't Take
a Cruise Right Now
Jan 8, 2022 6:30 AM CST
CDC: Don't Take a Cruise Right Now
Royal Caribbean, Norwegian cancel sailings among new COVID surge
- If you've got tickets for an upcoming cruise, better check with your cruise line. This week, two major operators canceled near-future sailings amid the latest COVID surge, starting with Norwegian on Wednesday, reports
. "Our first priority is the health and safety of our guests, crew, and...
Cruise Ship With Infected
in New Orleans
Dec 6, 2021 12:33 AM CST
Cruise Ship With Infected Passengers Docks in New Orleans
At least 17 people on board tested positive for COVID
- A Norwegian Cruise Line ship with at least 17 passengers and crew members infected with COVID-19 docked Sunday in New Orleans, where health officials said they were trying to disembark people without worsening the spread of the coronavirus illness, the AP reports. Local news outlets in New Orleans confirmed the...
Norwegian Cruises: 1,
State of Florida: 0.
Aug 9, 2021 7:31 AM CDT
Norwegian Cruises: 1, State of Florida: 0.
Company wins temporary stay against Florida's ban on businesses asking for vaccine passports
- On Sunday, the Norwegian Gem will set sail to the Caribbean out of Miami, the cruise line's first sailing from Florida since the pandemic shuttered the cruise industry last year. Now, a judge has just given the parent company a win on its quest to make sure all passengers...
Vax Fight Between Cruise
Line, Florida Heats Up
Jul 14, 2021 10:15 AM CDT
Vax Fight Between Cruise Line, Florida Heats Up
Norwegian wants 100% of crew, passengers vaxxed, sues Fla., which says that's discrimination
- The cruise industry is taking shaky steps back into the water, and Norwegian Cruise Line just made a move it hopes will help keep its business safe and afloat. On Tuesday, the company sued Scott Rivkees, the surgeon general of Florida, over the state's ban against businesses asking for...
Cruise Line Asks
CDC to Allow
Its Ships to Sail
Apr 5, 2021 7:15 PM CDT
Cruise Line Asks CDC to Allow Its Ships to Sail
The agency's latest guidance only added to the industry's frustration
- The Norwegian Cruise Line is seeking permission to resume trips from US ports on July 4, requiring passengers and crew members to be vaccinated against COVID-19 at least two weeks before the trip. The Miami company said its precautions go well beyond those of other segments in the travel and...
Cruise Lines Come to the
Rescue After Irma
Sep 12, 2017 10:15 AM CDT
Cruise Lines Come to the Rescue After Irma
Royal Caribbean and Norwegian are bringing in supplies and carrying out evacuees
- In the wake of Hurricane Irma, several of the most badly damaged areas in the Caribbean are getting help from the luxury cruise ships that have long brought tourists to their shores. On Sunday, Royal Caribbean sent Adventure of the Seas to the storm-ravaged island of St. Martin with much-needed...
Plug In Your Phone Number,
See if Robocallers Owe You
Aug 16, 2017 10:45 AM CDT
Plug In Your Phone Number, See if Robocallers Owe You
Calls about a cruise could get you up to $900
- It's the best kind of revenge against robocallers: money in your pocket. The
reports that people who got a call about a cruise may be due $300 to $900 thanks to a class-action lawsuit. To find out if you're eligible, you can plug in your phone...
Off Cruise Ship
Nov 13, 2015 7:30 AM CST
Woman Falls Off Cruise Ship During Floating Music Fest
Norwegian Pearl crew says she went overboard 'intentionally' near Cuba
- For the second time in a week , a person has fallen overboard on a major cruise line's ship. The
quotes an emailed statement from Norwegian Cruise Line that says an un-IDed woman was seen Thursday evening "intentionally going overboard" from the deck of the Norwegian Pearl,...
Kid, 4, Dies After Being Found in Cruise Ship Pool
Feb 4, 2014 8:12 AM CST
Kid, 4, Dies After Being Found in Cruise Ship Pool
6-year-old airlifted to NC hospital, but 4-year-old pronounced dead
- A 4-year-old child died after being pulled unresponsive from a swimming pool on a Norwegian Cruise Line ship off the coast of North Carolina yesterday, cruise line and Coast Guard officials said. Crew members were able to revive a 6-year-old boy also found in the pool. He was airlifted to...
Popular on Newser
Planned Fix for Sinking Tower Hits Big Snag
Dubya Makes 'Freudian Slip of the Century'
Terrified Buffalo Store Worker Called 911. She Says Dispatcher Hung Up
Man Marks 50 Years of Eating Big Macs Daily
'Payton, You're a Coward!'
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.