Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Japan's 'Beethoven': I'm Still
Samuragochi says he'll never appear on TV again
- Mamoru Samuragochi, the acclaimed deaf Japanese composer who was outed by his ghostwriter as neither deaf nor a composer , held a contrite press conference today that he promised would be his last. "I will speak the truth. I will make this my last appearance on TV," the 50-year-old...
'Japan's Beethoven': I Can Hear 'a Little'
Mamoru Samuragochi apologizes for 'life of lies'
- Word recently got out that "Japan's Beethoven"—famed classical composer Mamoru Samuragochi—hadn't been writing his own music and might not actually be deaf . Now, Samuragochi is lending some credence to the claims of music professor Takashi Niigaki, the real composer behind his works. "The...
'Japan's Beethoven' Accused of Faking Deafness, Too
Also, he can't even write scores, says ghostwriter Takashi Niigaki
- For decades, Mamoru Samuragochi has been hailed as "Japan's Beethoven" because he was a deaf composer. Now, he appears to be neither. The man who actually wrote Samuragochi's music , Takashi Niigaki, held an hour-long press conference yesterday in which he revealed that Samuragochii a) "cannot even...
'Japan's Beethoven' Admits 18-Year Fraud
Mamoru Samuragochi lost hearing at age 35
- The success of 50-year-old composer Mamoru Samuragochi, who is deaf, has prompted the nickname "Japan's Beethoven." Trouble is, it turns out he hasn't written his own music in decades. "I started hiring (a) person to compose music for me around 1996, when I was asked...
Popular on Newser
'Sketchy Andy': I Tore Down the Monolith
It Started With a Cough, Ended With Rapper's Arrest at Disney
Trump: Terminate Social Media Shield or I'll Veto Defense Bill
They Hoped to Adopt. They Walked Into a 'Baby Mill'
Baby Waiting to Be Born for 28 Years Is Finally Here
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
Newser In Your Inbox
Get The Morning 8: The eight stories you need to know, bright and early.
View all Newsletters and sign up
Get our apps
Install our app
Suggest a Story
© 2020 Newser, LLC. All rights reserved.
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.