Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
The Coronavirus Pandemic
Confirmed US cases: 1,622,000+ »
Read our complete coverage here »
FDA to E-Cigarette Companies: Stop the Kid-Friendly Packaging
It can lead to accidental ingestion, which can be fatal for children
- The Food and Drug Administration is warning companies that make and sell e-cigarette liquid to stop using packaging that appeals to kids after a recent analysis found that more than 8,200 children under the age of 6 were exposed to e-cigarettes or liquid nicotine between January 2012 and April...
Mom's E-Cig Liquid Almost Kills Girl, 6
Dad accidentally gave daughter liquid nicotine that was in ibuprofen bottle
- When a 6-year-old girl in Oregon sprained her ankle, her father reached for their liquid child ibuprofen bottle and gave his daughter a 10ml dose. She lost consciousness almost immediately and her limbs began to jerk, so he took a tiny sip and realized it was liquid nicotine for his...
Liquid Nicotine: Just a Teaspoon Could Kill
Poisonings, and sales, are on the rise
- It can be bought on the Internet in flavors like chocolate and bubble gum—and just a teaspoon could kill a child: The
New York Times
takes a look at liquid nicotine, the e-liquid used in e-cigarettes, which it describes as a "powerful neurotoxin ... far more dangerous than tobacco....
Popular on Newser
Ex-NFL QB Ryan Leaf Arrested in Calif.
NYT Publishes a Devastating Sunday Cover
Amid Pandemic, Rats Getting Increasingly Desperate
Trump Has a New Pitch: the 'Big Bang'
24 States Had Better Be Very, Very Careful
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
Newser In Your Inbox
Get The Morning 8: The eight stories you need to know, bright and early.
View all Newsletters and sign up
Get our apps
Suggest a Story
© 2020 Newser, LLC. All rights reserved.
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.