Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 41 - 60 |
Could This Be
Nov 17, 2017 6:59 PM CST
Could This Be the World's Stinkiest Aphrodisiac?
The Malaysian government plans to find out
- The durian is a notoriously smelly fruit, as well as a reported superfood with numerous health benefits, but might it also have the ability to turn men into good sex-havers? That's the question the Malaysian government is apparently setting out to answer. Agriculture and Agro-based Industry Minister Ahmad Shabery...
Video Shows N. Korean Reps
Meeting With Murder Suspects
Nov 6, 2017 6:55 AM CST
Video Shows N. Korean Reps Meeting With Murder Suspects
Embassy and airline reps seen with male suspects shortly after Kim Jong Nam's death
- Video shown in a Malaysian courtroom Monday makes perhaps the strongest connection yet between North Korea and the assassination of Kim Jong Un's half-brother. The video shows four still at-large male suspects meeting with a North Korean embassy official and a representative from North Korea's state airline shortly...
Kim Jong Nam Had Something
Precious in His Backpack
Oct 11, 2017 9:14 AM CDT
Kim Jong Nam Had Something Precious in His Backpack
$100K now held in police safe
- Kim Jong Nam's accused killers were apparently unaware that the half brother of North Korea’s leader was carrying $100,000 in cash in his backpack when he was fatally attacked at Kuala Lumpur’s airport on Feb. 13, per Reuters . But Siti Aisyah of Indonesia and Doan Thi...
Accused Kim Jong Nam Killers
Go on Trial in Malaysia
Oct 2, 2017 2:44 AM CDT
Accused Kim Jong Nam Killers Go on Trial in Malaysia
They say they thought they were playing a prank
- Two women accused of fatally poisoning the estranged half brother of North Korea's ruler pleaded not guilty as their trial began Monday in Malaysia's High Court, nearly eight months after the brazen airport assassination that sparked a diplomatic standoff. Siti Aisyah of Indonesia and Doan Thi Huong of...
Police Arrest 7 Boys Linked
to School Fire That Killed 23
Sep 16, 2017 9:57 AM CDT
Police Arrest 7 Boys Linked to School Fire That Killed 23
Malaysian police say suspects were teased by students
- Malaysian police say they have arrested seven boys suspected of intentionally starting a fire at an Islamic boarding school that killed 23 people because students there had teased them. Kuala Lumpur police chief Amar Singh said Saturday the boys, aged 11 to 18, were rounded up after they were identified...
Fire Kills 24 at
Religious Boarding School
Sep 14, 2017 12:33 AM CDT
Fire Kills 24 at Religious Boarding School
At least 22 teens, 2 teachers dead in Malaysia blaze
- A fire killed 24 people, mostly teenagers, trapped behind barred windows and a blocked exit in an Islamic school dormitory on the outskirts of Malaysia's capital early Thursday, officials said. Firefighters rushed to the scene after receiving a distress call at 5:41am and took an hour to put...
Experts Say MH370
Could Be in 1 of 3 Spots
Aug 16, 2017 8:59 AM CDT
Experts Say MH370 Could Be in 1 of 3 Spots
New areas based on 2014 satellite images
- Scientists have potentially narrowed the search area for Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 to three specific locations in the southern Indian Ocean through new satellite and drift analysis of the 2014 crash released Wednesday, reports the AP . But the Australian Transport Safety Bureau cautioned that the drift analysis by Australian science...
Date Set for
Kim Jong Nam
Jul 28, 2017 9:30 AM CDT
Date Set for Kim Jong Nam Murder Trial
Suspect's lawyer says 'there was no guilty intention'
- A chemist's report that shows the banned VX nerve agent was used to kill the half brother of North Korea's leader needs further scrutiny, a lawyer for one of the two women accused of poisoning the man said Friday, per the AP . High Court Judge Azmi Ariffin set...
Have to Return
Jun 16, 2017 6:53 AM CDT
DiCaprio May Have to Return Millions in Artwork
Feds are seizing assets related to Malaysian corruption
- The feds are in the midst of a complex money-laundering investigation tied to Malaysian financiers, but it's got some easy-to-understand ramifications: Leonardo DiCaprio has to return a Picasso and an old Oscar that once belonged to Marlon Brando. As Reuters reports, DiCaprio himself is not charged with any wrongdoing,...
Mar 30, 2017 9:01 AM CDT
Kim's Body Released to North Korea
As 9 Malaysians depart Pyongyang
- A diplomatic dispute between Malaysia and North Korea appears to have come to an end with the release of Kim Jong Nam's body. The body of the half-brother of North Korean leader Kim Jong Un— officially identified earlier this month—left Malaysia on a plane bound for Pyongyang via...
Mar 15, 2017 7:19 AM CDT
Kim's Identity Confirmed With Child's DNA
As Malaysia, N. Korea begin formal talks
- Malaysian police were able to confirm the identity of Kim Jong Nam, who was killed last month at Kuala Lumpur's airport, using a DNA sample from one of his children, Deputy Prime Minister Ahmad Zahid Hamidi said Wednesday, per the AP . Zahid also said negotiations began Monday to resolve...
Disney Pulls Film
in Malaysia After
'Gay Moment' Is Cut
Mar 14, 2017 9:03 AM CDT
Disney Pulls Film in Malaysia After 'Gay Moment' Is Cut
Censors said scene 'inappropriate because many children will be watching'
- First, Russia barred kids from seeing Disney's new movie
Beauty and the Beast
. Now, all of Malaysia may miss out, too. Disney has shelved the release of the movie in the mainly Muslim country, even though film censors approved it with a minor cut involving a "gay moment,...
to 'Abhorrent' N. Korea Move
Mar 7, 2017 12:33 AM CST
Malaysia Responds to 'Abhorrent' N. Korea Move
Countries ban each other's citizens from leaving
- North Korea said Tuesday it was banning Malaysians from leaving the country as its bitter diplomatic battle with Malaysia escalated dramatically over the poisoning death of Kim Jong Nam , the North Korean leader's estranged half brother. Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak said the travel ban was tantamount to hostage-taking...
Mar 5, 2017 6:33 AM CST
Malaysia Boots North Korean Ambassador in 'Clear Message'
'We are serious about solving this problem'
- Malaysia says its expulsion of North Korea's ambassador was intended to warn Pyongyang that it cannot manipulate the investigation into the killing of the North Korean leader's half brother, reports the AP . The government on Saturday gave Ambassador Kang Chol 48 hours to leave the country after he...
How North Korea
Claims Kim Died
Mar 2, 2017 6:35 AM CST
How North Korea Claims Kim Died
Envoy says it was probably a heart attack
- A North Korean envoy says Kim Jong Nam likely died of a heart attack, not in an assassination that used the nerve agent VX. Ri Tong Il, the former North Korean deputy ambassador to the UN, says Kim was taking medication for heart disease, diabetes, and high blood pressure, reports...
2 Women to Be
Charged in Kim Killing
Feb 28, 2017 7:21 AM CST
2 Women to Be Charged in Kim Killing
They'll face the death penalty if convicted
- Two women accused of wiping chemicals on the face of Kim Jong Nam in what they say they thought was a prank will be charged with murder, Malaysian officials announced Tuesday. Siti Aisyah of Indonesia and Doan Thi Huong of Vietnam will face a mandatory death sentence if convicted, reports...
Man Could Help Solve Kim's
Murder, but There's a Catch
Feb 27, 2017 6:18 AM CST
Man Could Help Solve Kim's Murder, but There's a Catch
Malaysian police want to talk to Hyon Kwang Song, but he's a diplomat
- Malaysian police investigating the killing of North Korean leader Kim Jong Un's estranged half brother believe they know somebody who might help them solve one of the most bizarre murder mysteries they have ever faced. They know his name, his nationality, and have a pretty good idea where he'...
How Did Kim's Killers
Survive Nerve Agent Attack?
Feb 24, 2017 7:14 AM CST
How Did Kim's Killers Survive Nerve Agent Attack?
They shouldn't have been able to handle VX and live: experts
- The banned chemical weapon VX is considered by some experts to be the nastiest of the nasty nerve agents known to exist. With a consistency similar to motor oil, it lingers for long periods in the environment and even a tiny amount causes victims' bodies to flood with fluids, producing...
N. Korea Points Fingers,
Alleges Malaysia Conspiracy
Feb 23, 2017 7:52 AM CST
N. Korea Points Fingers, Alleges Malaysia Conspiracy
Doesn't specifically name Kim Jong Nam, but pretty clear that's who's being discussed
- After more than a week of silence in its state-controlled media, North Korea on Thursday slammed the investigation into the death of one of its citizens in Kuala Lumpur, saying Malaysia's probe is full of "holes and contradictions." The report from the official outlet KCNA didn't...
Someone Really Wants to Get
to Kim Jong Nam's Body: Cops
Feb 22, 2017 7:35 AM CST
Someone Really Wants to Get to Kim Jong Nam's Body: Cops
Malaysian police say there was break-in attempt at hospital morgue
- As Malaysian cops seek out a North Korean diplomat for questioning in the poisoning death of Kim Jong Un's half brother, the morgue where Kim Jong Nam's body is being held is having its own issues. Khalid Abu Bakar, head of the country's police force, told the...
Stories 41 - 60 |
Popular on Newser
Clarence Thomas' Wife the Focus of Critical New Profile
Adventurer's 2nd Attempt to Cross Atlantic Ends in Death
Food Poisoning Can Cost You Far More Than You Think
Flight Circles Back After Passengers Decide to Upgrade
Deception or an Oversight? 2 Fans Sue Over Movie Trailer
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.