Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
The Coronavirus Pandemic
Confirmed US cases: 1,775,000+ »
Read our complete coverage here »
Test Corvette Hits the Streets, Only to Have Its Wheels Stolen
Preproduction Stingray found up on blocks in Detroit
- The 2020 Corvette Stingray can go 194mph, but one found on a downtown Detroit street last week was going nowhere: The test vehicle was up on blocks, its wheels missing. It was parked near GM's headquarters, the
reports. A company spokesman said a police report has been...
GM Engineers Take Corvettes for 100mph Spin, Face Charges
Employees were visiting Kentucky assembly plant
- Two GM engineers visiting the Kentucky plant that builds Corvettes evidently decided to put a couple of new 2020 C8 Stingrays through tests of their own. Their joyrides, which troopers said topped 100mph, ended with the men being arraigned on charges including speeding, racing a motor vehicle on a public...
3 Dozen 'Lost' Corvettes Are Up for Grabs
Sweepstakes will offer model for every production year from 1953 to 1989, for $3 a ticket
- In 1989, Long Island carpenter Dennis Amodeo won 36 Corvettes (one from each production year stretching back to 1953) in a VH1 contest—and what a long, strange trip it's been for the cars since. Now, after years of gathering dust in various New York City parking garages, the...
$700 Jalopy on Craigslist Was Million-Dollar Corvette
Sometimes gems lie underneath the 'gaudy purple paint, poorly applied'
- Anybody can go poking around Craigslist and find a junker car for $700. But nobody at all snapped up a jalopy listed five years ago and described thusly: "SERIAL # X53L on documented 1953 pre-production Corvette Frame. We believe this to be a 1953 Pontiac prototype that was to...
CarMax Salesman Killed in Test Drive Gone Wrong
Witnesses say Corvette was going 70mph
- It was just another test drive—a regular task in the daily routine of a used-car salesman. But for CarMax's Warren Smale, it turned out to be his last ride after a potential buyer crashed the red Corvette they were driving in Tuesday into a tree, killing the 43-year-old...
Man Dies Trapped in Dream Car
Texas man, dog, couldn't escape hot Corvette
- The 2007 Corvette has an emergency door-release handle on the floor by each seat, according to the manual —and if he had known that, 72-year-old Texas man James Rogers would probably be alive today. The Port Arthur resident died along with his pet Shih Tzu in a Waffle House...
'Vette Owner Getting Stolen Car Back 33 Years Later
GM is even footing the bill for shipment
- Last time George Talley saw his beloved 1979 Corvette, it was parked on Jefferson Avenue in Detroit in the summer of 1981, reports WXYZ . He'd long ago given up hope of ever getting the stolen car back, but then came a call out of the blue from authorities in...
Popular on Newser
China Pulls a 180 on Its Dog Policy
Protesters Attack Fox News Reporter
Denzel Guides Police as They Frisk Black Man
Yellowstone Is Getting Rattled
Taylor Swift Issues a Warning to Trump
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
Newser In Your Inbox
Get The Morning 8: The eight stories you need to know, bright and early.
View all Newsletters and sign up
Get our apps
Suggest a Story
© 2020 Newser, LLC. All rights reserved.
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.