Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
He Collected 3 of the 'Greatest
Rarities,' Is Parting With Them
Mar 13, 2021 3:05 PM CST
He Collected 3 of the 'Greatest Rarities,' Is Parting With Them
Stuart Weitzman is selling famed stamps, coin
- "No one takes a U-Haul to the cemetery." So says shoe designer Stuart Weitzman to the
New York Times
in explaining why he is parting with three remarkable treasures. The 79-year-old said he fulfilled a childhood dream in acquiring the stamp and coin rarities: a block of four...
Unseen Since 1918,
Flawed Stamp Is Found
Sep 8, 2018 1:40 PM CDT
Unseen Since 1918, Flawed Stamp Is Found
'Inverted Jenny' turns up in Illinois
- "Sorry, your stamp is not what you think it is. It's not that special." Workers at the Philatelic Foundation in Manhattan often say such things when shown an unusual postage stamp, but this time foundation curator Lewis Kaufman wasn't so sure. A recent cellphone photo of...
Inverted Jenny Stamp
Returned for $50K Reward
Jun 3, 2016 9:55 AM CDT
Inverted Jenny Stamp Returned for $50K Reward
Just one stolen stamp remains missing
- A rare 1918 US postage stamp featuring an upside-down plane that was stolen six decades ago and ended up in Northern Ireland was returned to its American owner on Thursday. Keelin O'Neill, who inherited the stamp several years ago from his grandfather, turned it over at the World Stamp...
'Inverted Jenny' Stamp
Surfaces 61 Years
After It Was Stolen
Apr 16, 2016 1:20 PM CDT
'Inverted Jenny' Stamp Surfaces 61 Years After It Was Stolen
'One of the most notorious crimes in philatelic history'
- An incredibly rare and valuable stamp stolen right out of its exhibition frame at a 1955 convention resurfaced this month in New York and has promptly rocked the philatelic world. "Inverted Jenny" stamps are considered the most famous in America: A printing accident in 1918 produced a single sheet...
59 Years Later,
Hunt Is On for
2 Stolen 'Jennies'
Sep 15, 2014 11:27 AM CDT
59 Years Later, Hunt Is On for 2 Stolen 'Jennies'
$100K reward offered for missing stamps
- In 1955, thieves stole four prized stamps—and more than half a century later, two still haven't been found. A dealer recently promised a $50,000 reward for each of the stamps, known as Inverted Jennies, the
New York Times
reports. A stamp library is also prepared to pay...
Popular on Newser
Detroit Radio Anchor Killed, His Family Injured, in Attack
Earth Isn't Ready for What We've Collected on Mars
For Owners of Some Kias, Hyundais, an Unusual Worry
9 Months Later, Case of Lina Sardar Khil Still Baffles
The World Has a New Island
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.