Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
2 Sentenced to Death for Backpacker Murders
Rights groups say Thailand verdict is disturbing
- Two bar workers from Burma have been sentenced to death for the gruesome backpacker murders that shocked Thailand last year. Win Zaw Htun and Zaw Lin, who are both 22 years old, were found guilty on Thursday of murdering British tourists David Miller and Hannah Witheridge, the
Suspects Re-Enact Brutal Thai Murders
Cops say 2 have confessed to killing Hannah Witheridge, David Miller
- Thai police say DNA evidence is a match for two Burmese men who've confessed to killing two British tourists . Sporting helmets and handcuffs, the suspects today re-enacted the crime—a typical practice used by Thai law enforcement—on the Koh Tao island beach where the murders were committed last...
Man Confesses to Brutal Thai Murders: Cops
Police waiting on Burmese suspect's DNA test in case of slain Brit backpackers
- After a number of DNA dead ends in the investigation of the brutal murders of two British backpackers on the island of Koh Tao, Thai police think they finally have their man (or one of them). A Burmese man is in custody—though not yet formally arrested—and has reportedly...
After Murders, Thailand Eyes Tracking Devices —for Tourists
Party curfews could be imposed
- With the grisly murder of two British tourists making headlines worldwide, Thailand is considering a tourist-tagging system. Visitors to the country could be given bracelets with serial numbers and the contact details of their hotels "so that if they're out partying late and, for example, get drunk or...
Thailand Stumped as DNA Clears 12 in Tourist Slayings
Cops 'really don't know where to look now'
- DNA tests have thrown Thai authorities a goose egg in their quest to solve the savage murders of two British tourists. Semen from two different men was found on the body of 23-year-old Hannah Witheridge, reports the BBC , but analysis revealed that while both sets matched DNA pulled from a...
Thai PM: Tourists in Bikinis Aren't Safe—Unless They're Ugly
Or, what not to say after 2 tourists are brutally murdered in your country
- Faced with the savage murder of two young British tourists on one of his country's most popular beaches, Thai PM Prayuth Chan-ocha elected to address the topic of tourist safety. Unfortunately, he wasn't entirely reassuring, reports the
: "There are always problems with tourist safety. They think...
Popular on Newser
Fistfights Break Out at Bloody Trump Rally
Report: Here's How Woman Died in 'Ungodly' Accident
Harry Reid: If Dems Win, Give GOP 'No More Than 3 Weeks'
Mark Meadows Makes Startling COVID Comment
Election Feature That 'Triggered' Dems Is Gone
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
Newser In Your Inbox
Get The Morning 8: The eight stories you need to know, bright and early.
View all Newsletters and sign up
Get our apps
Install our app
Suggest a Story
© 2020 Newser, LLC. All rights reserved.
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.