Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
The Coronavirus Pandemic
Confirmed US cases: 1,897,000+ »
Read our complete coverage here »
Ebola Nurse Who Flew: I Wasn't Reckless
Amber Vinson says she followed all the rules in place
- Dallas nurse Amber Vinson is well aware that she took a lot of flak for flying to Ohio before getting sick with Ebola. But she tells Matt Lauer at
that she followed all the protocols in place from her superiors before taking the trip. "I'm not reckless,...
Nurse Won't Obey Maine Quarantine
State says it is 'willing to pursue legal authority'
- Nurse Kaci Hickox has gone from forced quarantine in New Jersey to "voluntary" quarantine in Maine—but it may not be voluntary for long. Her lawyer tells the
Bangor Daily News
that she agreed not to go out in public for two days, but "she doesn't want...
2nd Dallas Ebola Nurse Leaving Hospital
Amber Vinson to attend 1pm press conference
- Dallas nurse Amber Vinson will be released from an Atlanta hospital today after tests showed she's free of the Ebola virus, a hospital spokeswoman says. The 29-year-old will be leaving Emory University Hospital after attending a 1pm news conference where she will make a statement. Vinson's family announced...
Amber Vinson's Family Says She's Free of Ebola
Hospital or CDC has yet to confirm
- Amber Vinson's family has what appears to be great news for all those Ohioans who came into contact with the Dallas nurse : She is free of the disease. So says a family statement asserting that "as of yesterday evening, officials at Emory University Hospital and the Centers for...
Ohio Monitors 100+ for Ebola Symptoms
Number jumps sharply, though nobody showing symptoms
- Health officials in Ohio are monitoring more than 100 people following the visit by a Dallas nurse who tested positive for Ebola shortly after returning to Texas. Officials said today that none of those being monitored are sick. State officials previously said 16 people Amber Vinson had contact with were...
CDC: It's Possible Ebola Nurse Was Sick on 1st Flight
CDC tracking down those on Dallas to Cleveland flight
- Officials say Dallas nurse Amber Vinson may have shown Ebola symptoms around four days earlier than initially thought. A CDC rep says "we have started to look at the possibility that she had symptoms going back as far as Saturday. ... We can't rule out (that) she might have...
Bridal Shop Visited by Ebola Patient Closes for Now
Owner shuts down temporarily amid media blitz
- While she was in Ohio last weekend, Amber Vinson visited the Coming Attractions Wedding and Formal Shop with friends so they could try on bridesmaids' dresses for Vinson's upcoming wedding. When news broke that the nurse had become an Ebola patient , it didn't take long for the media...
Yale Student Tested for Ebola; More Quarantined
As Tom Frieden, others testify before House subcommittee
- A Yale doctoral student who came back to Connecticut recently after visiting Liberia has a fever and is being tested for Ebola, officials say. The student is in isolation at Yale-New Haven Hospital, CNN reports. Meanwhile, one person in Ohio who was recently in contact with or in the vicinity...
CDC Honcho Suggests Nurses Wore Too Much Gear
Tom Frieden: Too many layers of protection could have upped nurses' Ebola risk
- Dealing With Ebola 101: Don't go out for takeout while quarantined, don't take a commercial flight if you're at risk of having the virus, and maybe cut down on the protective gear you're wearing if you're a health care worker—wait, what? The CDC head...
Nurse With Ebola Called CDC Before Flying
Dallas may place health workers in shelters
- The CDC says nurse Amber Vinson shouldn't have flown —but the agency said something different when she called several times before flying back to Texas from Cleveland earlier this week. A health official tells CBS that someone "dropped the ball" by telling the nurse, the second Dallas...
CDC May Use Do-Not-Fly List for Ebola
Dallas reporter says agency is developing one
- CDC officials weren't pleased that a nurse who cared for an Ebola patient in Texas hopped on a commercial airliner, only to get sick herself soon after. They promised to prevent that from happening again, but how? "CDC tells me there is a 'do not board list,...
CDC: 2nd Nurse With Ebola Shouldn't Have Flown
Obama cancels fundraising trip to talk Ebola
- The CDC isn't happy that the second nurse to have contracted Ebola in Texas decided to get on a plane . "She should not have traveled on a commercial airline," says CDC chief Thomas Frieden, as quoted by NBC News . He said the woman had "extensive contact"...
Popular on Newser
A Second Major COVID Study Is Retracted
'Stunning Reversal' From NYT on Op-Ed That Sparked Outrage
Dad Said They Were Getting a Vaccine. He Lied
Man, 75, in Serious Condition After Being Shoved by Police
Trump: It's a 'Great Day' for George Floyd
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
Newser In Your Inbox
Get The Morning 8: The eight stories you need to know, bright and early.
View all Newsletters and sign up
Get our apps
Suggest a Story
© 2020 Newser, LLC. All rights reserved.
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.