Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
The Coronavirus Pandemic
Confirmed US cases: 1,769,000+ »
Read our complete coverage here »
World's First Head Transplant on Corpse a Success, Doc Says
Sergio Canavero says procedure on live patient will happen soon—but he has many doubters
- The first step in what
says would be an "audacious" therapy reportedly took place in China Friday: the world's first human head transplant, achieved with two corpses. And Sergio Canavero—the Italian doctor behind the alleged procedure, says he plans to do the same thing next...
Surgeon Says Monkey Head Transplant Was Success
He plans to do it on a human in two years
- A "maverick surgeon" claims to have successfully put one monkey's head on another monkey's body, bringing the doctor one step closer to the first human head transplant,
reports. Sergio Canavero announced his plans for a human head transplant as a treatment for paralysis last year....
First Head Transplant Has a Patient and a Date
A 30-year-old Russian computer scientist has volunteered to be the first in 2017
- Italian surgeon Sergio Canavero made headlines in 2013 when he said the first human head transplant is just years away, and again earlier this year when he said the surgery could happen as soon as 2017 . Now he is announcing that, if everything goes "smoothly," he will be...
This Doctor Is Doing Head Transplants—Small Ones
Xiaoping Ren to perform head transplant on monkey this summer
- A head transplant may sound like something out of a horror movie, but Dr. Xiaoping Ren has completed about 1,000 on mice. This summer, he'll attempt his first such procedure on a monkey in a case that will be closely watched. Ren, who worked in the US for...
Popular on Newser
More Bad News for Ex-Cop Accused of Killing George Floyd
China Pulls a 180 on Its Dog Policy
Taylor Swift Issues a Warning to Trump
Protesters Attack Fox News Reporter
Denzel Guides Police as They Frisk Black Man
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
Newser In Your Inbox
Get The Morning 8: The eight stories you need to know, bright and early.
View all Newsletters and sign up
Get our apps
Suggest a Story
© 2020 Newser, LLC. All rights reserved.
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.