Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Tulsa Cop Acquitted in Terence
Crutcher's Death Resigns
Jul 14, 2017 5:01 PM CDT
Tulsa Cop Acquitted in Terence Crutcher's Death Resigns
Betty Shelby says desk job makes her feel isolated
- A white Oklahoma police officer recently acquitted of fatally shooting an unarmed black man submitted her resignation from the Tulsa police department Friday, saying the desk job where she had been assigned made her feel isolated from fellow officers, the AP reports. Officer Betty Shelby's resignation is effective Aug....
Tulsa Officer Who Said Man's
'Death Is His Fault' Acquitted
May 18, 2017 12:11 AM CDT
Tulsa Officer Who Said Man's 'Death Is His Fault' Acquitted
Jury hands down not guilty verdict for Betty Shelby in Terence Crutcher case
- Protesters gathered on the streets of Tulsa Wednesday night after a white police officer who fatally shot an unarmed black man whose car had stalled was acquitted of manslaughter. The jury took more than eight hours to deliver a not guilty verdict for Betty Shelby, who shot 40-year-old father of...
Terence Crutcher Had PCP
in System When Shot
Oct 12, 2016 2:23 AM CDT
Terence Crutcher Had PCP in System When Shot
This doesn't change the case, lawyer says
- The unarmed black man shot dead by police officer Betty Shelby in Tulsa, Okla., last month had PCP in his system when he died, according to a toxicology analysis in an autopsy report released Tuesday. The Oklahoma Chief Medical Examiner's Office says the hallucinogen was found in the blood...
Tulsa Cop Had Odd 'Distortion'
Before Shooting: Lawyer
Sep 30, 2016 9:43 AM CDT
Tulsa Cop Had Odd 'Distortion' Before Shooting: Lawyer
Attorney says Betty Shelby went temporarily deaf before shooting Terence Crutcher
- Betty Shelby's defense team tried (and failed) to get her a special early arraignment Thursday for the shooting death of unarmed black man Terence Crutcher , hoping to avoid the "utter chaos" of the media covering the high-profile case, the
reports. Now Shelby is set to head...
Tulsa Teacher Posts Poignant
Essay After Police Shooting
Sep 23, 2016 10:04 AM CDT
Tulsa Teacher Posts Poignant Essay After Police Shooting
'Tragedy lives and breathes' among classmates of Terence Crutcher's daughter
- A teacher at a Tulsa charter school attended by the daughter of an unarmed black man killed by a white officer says the tragedy "lives and breathes" among her students in a moving essay she posted on Facebook detailing her experience helping students cope. Rebecca Lee is a teacher...
Sep 22, 2016 3:50 PM CDT
Police Officer Who Killed Unarmed Man in Oklahoma Charged
Betty Shelby has been charged with manslaughter
- Prosecutors in Tulsa, Oklahoma, filed manslaughter charges Thursday against the white police officer who fatally shot an unarmed black man on a city street , the AP reports. District Attorney Steve Kunzweiler filed the charges against officer Betty Shelby, who shot and killed 40-year-old Terence Crutcher on Sept. 16. Dashcam and...
Cop in Okla.
Shooting Has No
Marks on Record
Sep 20, 2016 11:37 AM CDT
Cop in Okla. Shooting Has No Marks on Record
Protesters say white officer should be arrested for shooting unarmed black man
- A 42-year-old white female police officer who fatally shot an unarmed black man in Oklahoma on Friday has a clean record with the Tulsa Police Department, a police official tells the
. Officer Tyler Turnbough was IDed by Tulsa Police Chief Chuck Jordan as the cop who initially used...
Popular on Newser
Archbishop to Pelosi: No More Communion for You
Finland Won't Pay Gas Company in Rubles. Russia Hits Back
2 Secret Service Employees Sent Home From Biden's Trip
Tech Bigwig Was on Call on How to Contest Trump's Loss
Australia Just Voted Out Its Prime Minister
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.