Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
The Coronavirus Pandemic
Confirmed US cases: 3,341,838+ »
Read our complete coverage here »
message in bottle
9 Years Later, Teen Gets Response to Message in Bottle
Max Vredenburgh threw bottle into the water in Massachusetts; someone found it in France
- A Massachusetts college student has received a response to a message he threw into the ocean when he was 10 years old, the AP reports. Suffolk University sophomore Max Vredenburgh says he put the letter into a glass wine bottle that he threw into the water at Long Beach in...
'He Loved to Be Free,' So Man's Family Sets Him Free in Death
Man's ashes returned to the Gulf of Mexico after washing up on Florida beach
- A bottle containing the ashes of a Texas man along with some handwritten notes from loved ones has been returned to the Gulf of Mexico, resuming its ocean journey after it washed up on a Florida Panhandle beach. The beachgoer who found the bottle near Miramar Beach handed it over...
Message in Bottle Back Home 50 Years Later
'Look inside,' the note said
- When Clint Buffington spotted a Coke bottle buried in the sand on a Caribbean beach, he had no idea how far the discovery would take him. Curled inside the bottle was a yellowed, water-splotched note with a message scrawled in pencil: "Look inside." That barely legible note would...
Popular on Newser
Kelly Preston Dead at 57
Search for Naya Rivera Has Come to an End
Elvis' Only Grandson Dead at 27
White House Criticism of Fauci Intensifies
Alleged Culprit Behind Racist Messages Is 12 Years Old
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
Newser In Your Inbox
Get The Morning 8: The eight stories you need to know, bright and early.
View all Newsletters and sign up
Get our apps
Suggest a Story
© 2020 Newser, LLC. All rights reserved.
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.