Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Can Go Home
... for Now
Feb 15, 2017 12:11 AM CST
Almost 200K Calif. Evacuees Can Go Home ... for Now
Repairs to Oroville dam may not hold
- Nearly 200,000 Northern Californians who live downstream of the country's tallest dam were allowed to return home Tuesday after two nights of uncertainty , but they were warned they may have to again flee to higher ground on a moment's notice if hastily made repairs to the battered...
188K Calif. Evacuees
Don't Know When
They Can Go Home
Feb 14, 2017 5:24 AM CST
188K Calif. Evacuees Don't Know When They Can Go Home
Dam area is still in danger, officials say
- Helicopters dropped giant rock-filled sandbags into place Monday to shore up a California reservoir that had threatened to breach its banks and unleash a 30-foot wall of water, but officials said an evacuation order covering around 188,000 people would stay in place until they are sure it's safe...
More Than 100K Evacuated
Near America's Tallest Dam
Feb 13, 2017 5:48 AM CST
More Than 100K Evacuated Near America's Tallest Dam
Oroville spillway collapse could be catastrophic
- More than 100,000 people fled their homes in northern California on Sunday as an emergency spillway next to America's tallest dam threatened to collapse and unleash what authorities called a catastrophic amount of water along the Feather River. While the evacuation took place, emergency repairs were performed on...
Popular on Newser
Black Couple 'Whitewashed' Home, Saw Appraisal Jump
CEO's 'Cold' Zoom Call: 'I Come to You With Not Great News'
Report Reveals New Details on Family Hiking Tragedy
Climber Found Box of Gems on Mont Blanc in 2013. Now, a Windfall
Generals Lied About Jan. 6, Ex-DC Guard Official Charges
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.