Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Bill and Melinda Gates
Bill Gates Speaks Out
on Affair Allegations
May 3, 2022 2:42 PM CDT
Bill Gates Speaks Out on Affair Allegations
'I caused pain,' he admits
- In an interview with the London
published Sunday, Bill Gates answered "no" when asked if he would discuss allegations of affairs during his 27-year marriage to Melinda French Gates. He opened up a little more in a
interview on Tuesday, exactly one year after the couple announced...
Melinda French Gates:
Epstein Gave Me 'Nightmares'
Mar 3, 2022 10:20 AM CST
Melinda French Gates: Epstein Gave Me 'Nightmares'
Bill's ex says she hated that her husband met with the man
- Melinda French Gates' full interview with Gayle King of
aired Thursday, and it reveals more details about her divorce and her future:
French Gates said she and Bill have a "working relationship" now, but that's about it. While they are "friendly," they'
Divorce Done, Melinda Gates
Decides on Her Name
Aug 3, 2021 1:54 AM CDT
Divorce Done, Melinda Gates Decides on Her Name
She's retaining her last name after divorcing Bill Gates
- Melinda Gates has been going by Melinda French Gates since announcing her separation from Bill Gates. Their divorce was finalized Monday, and according to marriage dissolution documents cited by
, French Gates won't be ditching her last name. She also won't be receiving spousal support from Gates, whom...
Warren Buffett Resigns
From Gates Foundation
Jun 23, 2021 12:24 PM CDT
Warren Buffett Resigns From Gates Foundation
The other two trustees are getting divorced
- Warren Buffett resigned Wednesday as trustee of the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, which says it will announce plans in July to answer questions raised about its leadership structure as it deals with the divorce of its two founders . The announcement comes weeks after Bill and Melinda Gates revealed that...
Are Coming Out
May 17, 2021 6:43 AM CDT
Reports of Bill Gates' Iffy Behavior Are Coming Out
Involving his allegedly wandering eye, Epstein, and more
- Reports of allegedly "questionable behavior," as the
New York Times
puts it, are piling up around Bill Gates in the wake of his divorce announcement . The Microsoft co-founder is accused of having a wandering eye going back years, according to the
report, and in the
Report: Gates Split Began in
2019 Over Bill's Epstein Ties
May 10, 2021 7:11 AM CDT
Report: Gates Split Began in 2019 Over Bill's Epstein Ties
Per 'WSJ,' Melinda Gates wasn't keen on her husband's relationship with convicted sex offender
- When Bill and Melinda Gates announced last week they were ending their marriage, they didn't offer a reason for the split. But per a new report from the
Wall Street Journal
, Melinda Gates had met with attorneys from multiple law firms and started ending their "irretrievably broken" union...
Bill and Melinda Gates'
Divorce Hits China Hard
May 5, 2021 8:28 AM CDT
Bill and Melinda Gates' Divorce Hits China Hard
It was big news on Weibo
- If you were rattled by the news of Bill and Melinda Gates' divorce, your reaction may have paled in comparison to those experienced in China. Or so CNN makes the case in a look at how that country has reacted to the news involving a man who "has achieved...
Melinda, Bill Gates Divorce:
She Won't Seek Spousal Support
May 4, 2021 6:41 AM CDT
Melinda, Bill Gates Divorce: She Won't Seek Spousal Support
Gates' divorce is big news in the charitable sector
- When Bill and Melinda Gates' divorce is finalized, she won't be getting any spousal support.
obtained a copy of Melinda Gates' divorce petition, which specifies that "spousal support is not needed" and she won't be seeking it. It also reveals that while the couple does not...
It's Splitsville for
Bill, Melinda Gates
May 3, 2021 4:58 PM CDT
It's Splitsville for Bill, Melinda Gates
'We no longer believe we can grow together as a couple in the next phase of our lives'
- Bill and Melinda Gates are calling it quits after 27 years of marriage. "After a great deal of thought and a lot of work on our relationship, we have made the decision to end our marriage," they said in a statement Bill Gates tweeted Monday. The former Microsoft...
Best World Leaders
Apr 19, 2019 10:18 AM CDT
Names 10 Best World Leaders
Jacinda Ardern cracks top 10, as does Robert Mueller
sees it, the world's greatest leaders share one thing in common: They have courage to "make bold choices" and take personal risks, whether a journalist reporting under threat of death in South Sudan or a nation's leader expressing compassion when faced with the opposite. Such...
Meet Earth's Top
Nov 12, 2017 1:15 PM CST
Meet Earth's Top Power Couples
Why, yes, it is heavy on pretty and geeky people with money
- You might think you and your partner make a super couple, but chances are you didn't make
list of the world's most elite power couples. Hailing from the fields of entertainment, politics, and predictably, technology,
runs down the couples it deems most powerful who are...
Shares Secrets of
Her Power Marriage
Mar 6, 2017 8:24 AM CST
Melinda Gates Shares Secrets of Her Power Marriage
Being wed to Bill Gates 'wasn't in my life plan,' she says
- "It’s absolutely a partnership of equals," Melinda Gates tells
CBS Sunday Morning
of her marriage to Bill Gates, arguably one of the more powerful unions on the planet. "It’s important to both of us that the world understands that we are running this place together....
Popular on Newser
Liz Cheney Unloads on House Leaders After Shooting
Tucker Carlson Addresses Alleged Gunman's Screed
After Girl, 7, Mauled to Death by Dog, 4 Family Members Charged
Ted Cruz Scores a Victory Before the Supreme Court
Ukraine Ends Battle Over Mariupol Plant
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.