Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Minnesota Cop Who Killed Bride-to-Be Found Guilty
Mohamed Noor convicted of third-degree murder, manslaughter
- A Minneapolis police officer was convicted of murder Tuesday in the fatal shooting of an unarmed woman who approached his squad car minutes after calling 911 to report a possible rape behind her home, the AP reports. Mohamed Noor was convicted of third-degree murder as well as manslaughter in the...
Cop Who Shot Justine Damond Explains His Thinking
'Action is better than reaction,' says Mohamed Noor about fatal shooting of Justine Damond
- For nearly two years, the former cop who fatally shot Australian life coach Justine Damond in Minneapolis has stayed mum. That changed Thursday, when Mohamed Noor made his first public remarks on the July 2017 shooting and what led up to it, speaking at his trial in a Hennepin County,...
$50M Suit Filed by Family of Woman Killed by Minn. Cop
Justine Ruszczyk Damond's father says problems within Minneapolis PD are 'systemic'
- The family of an Australian-US citizen who was killed by a Minneapolis cop last year after she called 911 to report a possible assault filed a lawsuit Monday alleging the officer conspired with his partner to hide what really happened. The complaint filed in US District Court alleges Justine Ruszczyk...
Before Justine Damond's Fatal Shooting, a Slap
Warrant reveals that someone hit police car before shooting
- A woman approached the back of a Minneapolis police car and "slapped" it shortly before an Australian woman was shot and killed by an officer, according to a search warrant filed by the Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension. The search warrant obtained by Minnesota Public Radio doesn't specifically...
Police Chief Resigns in Wake of Justine Damond Shooting
Janeé Harteau's resignation was requested by Minneapolis mayor
- Minneapolis Police Chief Janeé Harteau has stepped down at the request of Mayor Betsy Hodges, the
Minneapolis Star Tribune
reports. Harteau is leaving the police department less than a week after Justine Damond was shot and killed by officer Mohamed Noor. "I’ve lost confidence in the chief’s...
Police Chief: 'Justine Didn't Have to Die'
Harteau makes first comments on shooting of bride-to-be
- "Justine didn't have to die," Minneapolis Police Chief Janee Harteau said Thursday in her first public comments on the shooting of an Australian bride-to-be who had called 911 to report hearing a possible sexual assault. The chief described the fatal shooting as "unnecessary" and said she...
Why Cop Who Shot Bride-to-Be Doesn't Have to Talk
Any lawyer who tells Mohamed Noor to should be disbarred, says one attorney
- The Minneapolis police officer who fatally shot a woman who had called 911 to report a possible rape still hasn't spoken with investigators and doesn't have to, but he will be compelled to give a statement to his department as part of an internal investigation. Officer Mohamed Noor...
Bride-to-Be Called 911 Once, Then Again 8 Minutes Later
City releases transcripts of Justine Damond's calls
- Justine Damond called 911 twice to report a possible sexual assault in progress before she was shot dead by one of the responding officers , according to transcripts released by Minneapolis on Wednesday. In the initial call, at 11:27pm Saturday night, the 40-year-old Australian said she feared somebody was being...
Fireworks May Have Startled Cop Who Shot Bride-to-Be
Officer Mohamed Noor isn't talking to investigators
- Fireworks may have played a role in the fatal police shooting of an Australian bride-to-be in Minneapolis on Saturday night—but investigators are having trouble finding out more because the officer involved has clammed up. Minnesota's Bureau of Criminal Apprehension is investigating the shooting of Justine Damond and it...
Cop Who Shot Bride-to-Be Was Celebrated When Hired
Mohamed Noor was 1st Somali officer to patrol Minneapolis' 5th Precinct
- When Mohamed Noor joined the Minneapolis Police Department in 2015, becoming the first Somali officer to patrol the Fifth Precinct, he was celebrated by the Somali community and Minneapolis Mayor Betsy Hodges, who took "a moment to recognize him" in a Facebook post, the
reports. On Monday,...
Popular on Newser
Ken Jennings Blasted for Tweet He Chose Not to Delete
Doctor Has 'Chilling' Warning in Viral COVID Video
What Happened in This Wawa Did Not Stay in This Wawa
SCOTUS Sides With Religious Groups Over COVID Restrictions
'Zombie' COVID-Infected Mink Re-Emerging From Graves
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
Newser In Your Inbox
Get The Morning 8: The eight stories you need to know, bright and early.
View all Newsletters and sign up
Get our apps
Install our app
Suggest a Story
© 2020 Newser, LLC. All rights reserved.
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.