Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Sessions' Next Job: Maybe His Old One?
Newly fired attorney general might run for former Senate seat in Alabama
- Jeff Sessions may be out of a job as attorney general , but this week's resignation means that he could run again for his former Senate seat in Alabama. Politico quotes two sources saying that Sessions is considering a run against incumbent Democrat Doug Jones in 2020, and CNN's...
Trump's Take on Alabama: I Knew It
Tweets that he knew Roy Moore couldn't win
- President Trump ended his night by congratulating Doug Jones, and began his morning by tweeting that he essentially knew Jones would be the victor. "The reason I originally endorsed Luther Strange (and his numbers went up mightily), is that I said Roy Moore will not be able to win...
As State GOP Rallies Around Roy Moore, a Notable Exception
His would-be colleague in the US Senate, Richard Shelby, wrote in another Republican
- Roy Moore's electoral test comes Tuesday, and he looks to be doing well among Alabama's GOP elite despite allegations of sexual misconduct with teenagers. "I have stated both publicly and privately over the last month that unless these allegations were proven to be true I would ... vote...
Roy Moore Taunts McConnell in Tweet, Promptly Gets Served
As the GOP considers how to deal with the situation
- A sixth accuser stepped forward on Wednesday to say that Alabama Senate candidate Roy Moore once grabbed her buttocks . And the fact that he is still a Senate candidate is causing no shortage of hand-wringing among Republicans. As BuzzFeed reports, senators have called for him to leave the race and...
Report: Aides Worried About 'Unraveling' Trump
Sources say he is increasingly 'unstable,' isolated
- President Trump might be launching a new hunt for White House leakers soon because a lot of them seem to have spoken to
—and the picture they paint of the president's state of mind is alarming. The sources say Trump is "unstable" and "unraveling"...
Bannon: Moore Win Is Start of 'Revolution'
Alabama result shakes up GOP
- President Trump has deleted some of his tweets about Alabama's Republican US Senate primary—but it's not an election the GOP will be able to move on from quickly. Former state Supreme Court Chief Justice Roy Moore, a conservative Christian who was supported by anti-establishment forces including Steve...
After Strange's Ala. Primary Loss, Trump Deletes Tweets
Pro-Luther Strange tweets vanished after Roy Moore win
- President Trump was a vocal supporter of Alabama's Sen. Luther Strange during the Republican's primary campaign—which is something he apparently wanted to forget about as soon as Strange was defeated. After Strange lost the race to former state Supreme Court Justice Roy Moore on Tuesday, Trump started...
'Ten Commandments' Judge Beats 'Big Luther' in Alabama
Former judge Roy Moore defeats Sen. Luther Strange in GOP primary
- Firebrand jurist Roy Moore has won the Alabama Republican primary for US Senate, defeating an appointed incumbent backed by President Trump and allies of Mitch McConnell. In a victory likely to rock the party establishment , Moore defeated Sen. Luther Strange to win the GOP nomination for the Senate seat previously...
Alabama Race Has Makings of a Republican 'Civil War'
President and McConnell back Luther Strange, while Bannon backs Roy Moore
- Political eyes are on Alabama on Tuesday, where a Republican primary for the Senate has turned into a proxy war. The race pits Luther Strange, who was appointed to temporarily fill Jeff Sessions' seat, against former State Supreme Court justice Roy Moore. Strange is backed by President Trump and the...
Trump-Backed Candidate Comes in 2nd in GOP Primary
Moore, Strange head to runoff in Alabama Senate race
- Sen. Luther Strange and former Alabama Chief Justice Roy Moore are headed to a Republican primary runoff to fill the US Senate seat previously held by Attorney General Jeff Sessions. The two men, who represent different factions within the Alabama Republican Party, will face off in a Sept. 26 runoff,...
Alabama Senate Race a Tough One for Trump's Favorite
Luther Strange trails candidate Roy Moore
- The fight for the Alabama Senate seat previously vacated by Attorney General Jeff Sessions looks poised to go to a Sept. 26 runoff election. But the path there officially kicks off Tuesday with a special election primary in which three candidates will be weeded down to two. President Trump and...
Popular on Newser
It Started With a Cough, Ended With Rapper's Arrest at Disney
'Sketchy Andy': I Tore Down the Monolith
Trump: Terminate Social Media Shield or I'll Veto Defense Bill
They Hoped to Adopt. They Walked Into a 'Baby Mill'
Cops: Boy, 5, Killed After Being Forced to Get Out of the Car
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
Newser In Your Inbox
Get The Morning 8: The eight stories you need to know, bright and early.
View all Newsletters and sign up
Get our apps
Install our app
Suggest a Story
© 2020 Newser, LLC. All rights reserved.
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.