Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
How His Death
May 31, 2018 12:33 PM CDT
Journalist Reveals How His Death Was Faked
It involved pig's blood, bullet-riddled shirt
- How does a Russian journalist fake his own murder in Ukraine? Pig's blood and a make-up artist. That's what Arkady Babchenko said Thursday in an interview from Kiev cited by Reuters . Babchenko, whose wife found him in their apartment building, said he was even taught how to fall...
Murdered Journalist Shows Up
at News Conference Alive
May 30, 2018 12:55 PM CDT
Murdered Journalist Shows Up at News Conference Alive
Arkady Babchenko's death was faked
- On Wednesday morning, the AP referred to it as a "brazen killing." Hours later, it reported a shocker: that Russian journalist Arkady Babchenko, who was reportedly shot dead in Kiev on Tuesday, is actually alive. He showed up at a news conference in Ukraine. The initial reports into...
May 29, 2018 3:49 PM CDT
Journalist Who Criticized Kremlin Shot Dead
Arkady Babchenko's wife found him at their apartment building
- A Russian journalist was shot and killed in the Ukrainian capital Tuesday, and the national police said he apparently was targeted because of his work, the AP reports. Ukrainian police said Arkady Babchenko's wife found him bleeding at their apartment building in Kiev and called an ambulance, but Babchenko...
Popular on Newser
At 63, Gabriel Garcia Marquez Had an Affair—and a Daughter
Mass Killer Gives Nazi Salute at Parole Hearing
Skier May Face Manslaughter Charges After Deadly Collision
Pastor Warns Things 'Might Get Nasty.' They Did
Airlines Have a Dire Warning on 5G Rollout
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.