Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
DoJ to Probe
Oct 25, 2018 2:04 PM CDT
Grassley Asks DoJ to Probe Kavanaugh Accuser
Senate Judiciary Committee chairman says Julie Swetnick's allegations were not credible
- Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley on Thursday asked for a criminal investigation into whether Julie Swetnick and her attorney, Michael Avenatti, conspired to provide false statements to Congress and obstructed a congressional investigation during the confirmation process for Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh, the AP reports. Grassley wrote in...
Oct 8, 2018 1:15 PM CDT
Trump: Kavanaugh Accusations a 'Hoax'
President says Democrats will pay for it in November
- Before Brett Kavanaugh was confirmed, President Trump belittled the accusations made by Christine Blasey Ford. On Monday, Trump went further, saying Kavanaugh was the victim of a "hoax" perpetrated by Democrats, reports NBC News . What's more, he said Democrats would pay for that in the midterms. Trump made...
2 Men Say They
Were the Ones
in Alleged Attack
Sep 27, 2018 8:30 AM CDT
2 Men Say They Were the Ones in Alleged Attack Ford Described
But it's unclear if Senate Judiciary Committee thinks either man's story holds water
- In a late-night development, Sen. Chuck Grassley revealed that two men have told the Senate Judiciary Committee they were the ones who had the alleged 1982 encounter with Christine Blasey Ford. The details are scarce and come via a news release issued by Grassley, reports
, which notes "...
Here's What Kavanaugh's
3rd Accuser Alleges
Sep 26, 2018 12:55 PM CDT
Here's What Kavanaugh's 3rd Accuser Alleges
Julie Swetnick's sworn declaration is released by Michael Avenatti
- Michael Avenatti on Wednesday tweeted a copy of a sworn declaration from Julie Swetnick—the third woman to accuse Brett Kavanaugh of sexual misconduct. In it, she describes meeting Kavanaugh and Mark Judge—friends so close they were "joined at the hip"—around 1980 or 1981 at a...
Popular on Newser
Biden's Warning on Abortion: 'People Are Gonna Be Shocked'
NBA Player's Wife on Instagram: 'I Can't Be Silent Anymore'
Meet One of the Art World's Fastest-Rising Stars
Two Words in Roberts' Ruling Signal a Big Fight
Delta Offers to Buy Seats Back on Overbooked Flight for $10K
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.