Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Some Fans Don't Like 'History of Pain' Comment by BTS
Chinese fans whose troops fought against South Korea and US see a lack of respect
- When BTS received an award last week recognizing the ties between the US and South Korea, its leader acknowledged the nations' joint sacrifices 70 years ago during the Korean War. "We will always remember the history of pain that our two nations shared together and the sacrifices of countless...
As Investors Scoop Up Shares, One Thing Looms Over BTS
K-pop group's star is rising—but military service awaits
- Ordinary investors got a shot at shares in the management agency of K-pop sensation BTS on Monday and Tuesday. And they didn't hold back, requesting 58.4 trillion won worth—the equivalent of $50.2 billion. As AFP reports, that's 607 times more than the value of the...
This Boy Band Is About to Get Very Rich
IPO will make members of K-pop group BTS multi-millionaires
- All seven members of K-pop sensation BTS are about to become multi-millionaires. The band's label, Big Hit Entertainment, plans to go public on Oct. 15 with a market valuation of $4.1 billion—making this South Korea's largest IPO in three years, per the
. The BBC...
This New Music Video Is Smashing YouTube Records
K-pop sensation BTS is racking up millions of views per hour for 'Dynamite'
- The South Korean K-pop group BTS has dropped its first all-English song and video on YouTube, with record-breaking results. The minute "Dynamite" debuted, somewhere between 3 million and 4 million viewers were watching it concurrently, which could wind up being double the previous record, reports
. The old mark...
K-Pop Band's Fans Respond in Big Way to $1M BLM Donation
BTS fans match boy band's Black Lives Matter donation
- K-Pop superstars BTS announced a $1 million donation to Black Lives Matter on Saturday—and it didn't take long for the boy band's devoted fans to match it. The "ARMY" fan collective, which spread the word under the #MatchAMillion hashtag, said its campaign had raised $1 million...
Celeb Most Tweeted About in US Isn't American
K-Pop band BTS nabs most mentions in 2018
- Twitter data once again shows that South Korean boy band BTS is indeed a "global phenomenon," per
. Year-end stats released by the site identify the K-Pop group as the most tweeted about celeb in the US for a second year in a row. One individual member also...
K-Pop Band Member Accused of Wearing Controversial T-Shirt
BTS' Jimin allegedly wore shirt celebrating mushroom cloud over Japanese city in WWII
- A popular South Korean boy band was set to appear on one of Japan's biggest TV stations this week, but that appearance has been canceled due to a clothing choice one of its members may have made. Per the
and CNN , K-pop group BTS was scheduled to be...
Popular on Newser
Before SCOTUS Vote, Democrats Have Request for Pence
Felicity Huffman Has Paid Full Debt to Society
Man Uses Most Unusual Way to Take Down Biden Signs: Cops
Putin Speaks Out on Trump's Criticism of Biden Family
13 Australian Women Allegedly Strip-Searched After Qatar Airways Flight
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
Newser In Your Inbox
Get The Morning 8: The eight stories you need to know, bright and early.
View all Newsletters and sign up
Get our apps
Install our app
Suggest a Story
© 2020 Newser, LLC. All rights reserved.
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.