Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Ed Buck Guilty
in 2 Overdose
Jul 28, 2021 1:21 AM CDT
Political Donor Ed Buck Guilty in 2 Overdose Deaths
He could face a life sentence
- Political donor Ed Buck was found guilty Tuesday on all nine felony counts he'd been charged with in relation to two overdose deaths that took place in his West Hollywood apartment. Two of those counts were distribution of controlled substances resulting in death, which carry mandatory minimums of 20...
Waves a Gun at Protesters
Mar 2, 2020 4:48 PM CST
Prosecutor's Husband Waves a Gun at Protesters
Black Lives Matter activists had gathered outside district attorney's LA home
- The Los Angeles County district attorney has apologized—and said her husband is sorry, too—after protesters outside her home were threatened with a gun. Jackie Lacey's husband, David, stood in the doorway early Monday, the
Los Angeles Times
reports, and told the protesters: "I will shoot you....
Indicted in 2nd
Death at LA Home
Oct 3, 2019 9:40 AM CDT
Dem Donor Indicted in 2nd Death at LA Home
Ed Buck faces 5 federal charges in all
- Ed Buck, the Democratic donor accused of luring gay black men to his West Hollywood home and injecting them with meth, has been charged in connection with a second overdose death. Held without bond, Buck was previously charged in federal court in connection with the July 2017 death of homeless...
Just Got Worse
Sep 20, 2019 12:37 PM CDT
Dem Donor's Legal Troubles Just Got Worse
Complaint: Ed Buck, accused of luring gay men for sex and meth binges, had at least 10 victims
- When you're known around town as "Doctor Kevorkian," the implication probably isn't a good one. That's the nickname court records say was bestowed on wealthy Democratic donor Ed Buck, 65, who's been accused of luring homeless, gay black men to his home, then plying...
Democratic Donor to Be
Charged in OD Death: Official
Sep 19, 2019 3:47 PM CDT
Democratic Donor to Be Charged in OD Death: Official
Two men died at Ed Buck's West Hollywood apartment over a 2-year period
- Political activist and well-known Democratic donor Ed Buck will face a federal charge connected to an overdose death at his Los Angeles-area home, a law enforcement official said Thursday. Buck, 65, will be charged with distributing methamphetamine resulting in the death of Gemmel Moore, according to the official with knowledge...
After a 3rd Man ODs in His
Home, Dem Donor Is Charged
Sep 18, 2019 2:06 PM CDT
After a 3rd Man ODs in His Home, Dem Donor Is Charged
Ed Buck accused of running a drug den out of his West Hollywood apartment
- A gay Democratic donor who has been under scrutiny since two men died of overdoses at his West Hollywood home was charged Tuesday with running a drug den there. Edward "Ed" Buck is a "violent, dangerous sexual predator" with "no regard for human life," according to...
Writer Warned of 'Predator'
Months Before 2nd Death
Jan 13, 2019 7:05 AM CST
Writer Warned of 'Predator' Months Before 2nd Death
Democratic donor Ed Buck under scrutiny after another suspected drug overdose at his residence
- It's a jarring warning: "If another young, Black gay man overdoses or worse dies at Democratic donor Ed Buck’s apartment it’s going to be the fault of the sheriff’s dept and L.A. District Atty for not stopping him when they had the opportunity to....
A Dead Man Is Found at Home
of Democratic Donor. Again.
Jan 8, 2019 8:31 AM CST
A Dead Man Is Found at Home of Democratic Donor. Again.
Ed Buck's lawyer claims another accidental drug overdose
- A body was found Monday in the West Hollywood apartment of Democratic Party donor Edward Buck—and not for the first time. A black man in his 50s, whose identity has not been released, was pronounced dead around 1am following a 911 call, per KTLA and CBS Los Angeles . While...
Popular on Newser
Centuries Ago, We Slept Much Differently
Schwarzenegger in Multi-Vehicle Accident
Mom's Remarks Over Face Masks Lead to Charges
Passengers in NC Plane Landing Got a Wild Ride
NPR's Supreme Court Story Takes Another Turn
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.