Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Teen Who Pushed Friend Off Bridge Is Going to Jail
Prosecutors had recommended home detention
- A teenager who pushed her friend off a 60-foot bridge in Washington state last summer is going to jail despite a deal with prosecutors. Tay'Lor Smith, 19, was ordered by Clark County District Court Judge Darvin Zimmerman to spend two days in jail and 38 days on a county...
Teen Who Pushed Friend Off Bridge Changes Her Mind
Taylor Smith pleads guilty
- The teen accused of pushing her friend off a Washington state bridge in August pleaded guilty Monday to reckless endangerment. Taylor Smith, 19, originally pleaded not guilty, but was offered a plea deal last month, NBC News reports. A state prosecutor recommended no jail time when she is sentenced March...
Teen Says Friend Asked to Be Pushed Off 60-Foot Bridge
Taylor Smith charged with one count of reckless endangerment Friday
- A single push could land Taylor Smith in jail for up to a year. That and a $5,000 fine are the maximum penalty the 18-year-old faces if convicted of the single count of reckless endangerment she was charged with Friday. Smith pushed friend Jordan Holgerson off a 60-foot bridge...
Teen Wants Friend Who Pushed Her Off Bridge to 'Sit in Jail'
Jordan Holgerson has changed her mind about punishment for Taylor Smith
- The Washington 16-year-old whose friend pushed her off a 60-foot bridge says that friend should "sit in jail and think about ... what she did." So says Jordan Holgerson, now home from the hospital but still recovering from six broken ribs, two punctured lungs, and other internal injuries, in...
Teen Accused of Pushing Friend Off Bridge Speaks Out
With charges possible, Taylor Smith 'feels really bad'
- She apologized privately. Now, after allegedly pushing her friend off a 60-foot bridge in Washington state, 18-year-old Taylor Smith is doing so publicly. The teen tells NBC News she "feels really bad about what happened" at Moulton Falls Regional Park on Aug. 7, when authorities say Smith pushed 16-year-old...
Afraid to Leap From Bridge, Wash. Teen Was Forced
16-year-old has 5 broken ribs, apologetic friend
- Jordan Holgerson had cold feet. Standing on the edge of a pedestrian bridge 60 feet above Washington's Lewis River, the 16-year-old prepared to jump as someone counted down from three, but hesitated. "No, I won't go," she says in a YouTube video . And then she's...
Popular on Newser
Mysterious Monolith Discovered in Utah
Secret NYC Wedding Was Attended by Thousands
Congratulations, Trump Says, but Not to Biden
Pennsylvania, Nevada Certify Vote Results
Cop On the Job 4 Days Charged With Homicide
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
Newser In Your Inbox
Get The Morning 8: The eight stories you need to know, bright and early.
View all Newsletters and sign up
Get our apps
Install our app
Suggest a Story
© 2020 Newser, LLC. All rights reserved.
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.