Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Pete Buttigieg 2020
Stories 1 - 20 |
Mar 2, 2020 1:29 PM CST
Buttigieg Campaign Ended With Midnight Call
After South Carolina, candidate told his top advisers he was done
- The 2020 race is changing fast with the departures of Pete Buttigieg and Amy Klobuchar , and the post-mortems on those candidacies will be trickling in. Here's a sample of Buttigieg coverage, including a story from Politico that details his campaign's final moments. Buttigieg flew to Georgia Saturday night...
The Big Question: Who
Gets the Buttigieg Bounce?
Mar 2, 2020 6:52 AM CST
The Big Question: Who Gets the Buttigieg Bounce?
Polls are anything but clear, but an endorsment from Mayor Pete could clarify
- Pete Buttigieg's decision to drop out of the 2020 race has the potential to "shake up the dynamics of the race," writes Alexi McCammond at Axios . But exactly how that plays out remained very much unclear Monday morning. A poll by Morning Consult in late February found...
Pete Buttigieg Has Bad
News for Campaign Staff
Mar 1, 2020 4:30 PM CST
Pete Buttigieg Has Bad News for Campaign Staff
The 2020 candidate is dropping out
- Democrat Pete Buttigieg is ending his campaign for president. Three people with knowledge of Buttigieg’s decision tell the AP he is informing campaign staff. They were not authorized to speak publicly and requested anonymity. His campaign says Buttigieg will speak Sunday night in South Bend, Indiana. Buttigieg rose to...
Biden Romps to a Crucial
Victory in South Carolina
Feb 29, 2020 6:01 PM CST
Biden Romps to a Crucial Victory in South Carolina
In early returns, Sanders was in a much-distant second and Steyer third
- South Carolina was seen as a must-win state for Joe Biden, and it turned out to be just that. In fact, it wasn't even close. Major outlets including CNN , ABC , and NBC called the race for the former VP as soon as polls closed at 7pm. Bernie Sanders was...
AP Won't Declare Winner
After Iowa Recount
Feb 28, 2020 3:06 AM CST
AP Won't Declare Winner After Iowa Recount
Buttigieg still on top in final results
- The New Hampshire primary and Nevada caucuses have passed, and South Carolina’s vote is just a day away—but there’s still no winner of the Iowa caucuses, according to the AP . Final results of the first contest to decide the Democratic Party's nominee to challenge President Trump...
Winners, Losers From
the Democratic Debate
Feb 26, 2020 6:44 AM CST
Winners, Losers From the Democratic Debate
Biden had the good night he needed, analysts say
- Tuesday night's Democratic debate in Charleston, SC, was a raucous affair—so much so that Vox declares chaos to be the only true winner. In the last debate before the state's Saturday primary—and Super Tuesday—candidates desperate for speaking time talked over each other and shouted at...
Sanders Faces Onslaught
in South Carolina Debate
Feb 25, 2020 7:19 PM CST
Sanders Faces Onslaught in South Carolina Debate
7 candidates clashed in fiery debate
- Seven Democrats took part in a fiery debate in South Carolina on Tuesday night—one more than in last week's primary debate. Tom Steyer joined Bernie Sanders, Elizabeth Warren, Joe Biden, Amy Klobuchar, Pete Buttigieg, and Michael Bloomberg in the Charleston debate, co-hosted by CBS News and the Congressional...
Feb 23, 2020 2:00 PM CST
Buttigieg Isn't Quite Buying the Nevada Vote Count
His campaign makes demands of the Nevada State Democratic Party
- Pete Buttigieg's campaign has a few requests of a Nevada State Democratic Party "in light of material irregularities" in state caucuses still being tallied, CNN reports. The campaign asks the party to "release early vote and in-person vote totals by precinct," "correct any outstanding second...
Some Democratic Candidates
Are Nearly Out of Cash
Feb 21, 2020 3:30 PM CST
Some Democratic Candidates Are Nearly Out of Cash
Buttigieg, Warren, Biden, Klobuchar running low
- At a time in the race when running a presidential campaign is getting more expensive, many of the Democrats remaining have less money. After being camped in Iowa for what seemed like ages, the candidates now have multiple, scattered primaries ahead. And on top of competing with Bernie Sanders' fundraising...
Rivalry Is Getting Nasty
Feb 20, 2020 12:20 PM CST
Klobuchar, Buttigieg Rivalry Is Getting Nasty
These 2 really seem to dislike each other
- The rough night suffered by Michael Bloomberg has dominated post-debate coverage, but another aspect of the Democratic race is also coming into focus: Amy Klobuchar and Pete Buttigieg appear to genuinely dislike each other. The Minnesota senator and the former South Bend mayor clashed numerous times, and Klobuchar seemed to...
Debate Was a Brutal
Night for Bloomberg
Feb 20, 2020 6:40 AM CST
Debate Was a Brutal Night for Bloomberg
Warren praised for standout performance
- Viewers who watched the ninth Democratic presidential debate Wednesday night hoping to see fireworks would not have been disappointed. Anybody hoping for a strong performance from Michael Bloomberg, however, would probably have changed the channel before the end of the first hour. The billionaire made his presidential debate debut in...
Bloomberg a Major Target
in Las Vegas Debate
Feb 19, 2020 8:23 PM CST
Bloomberg a Major Target in Las Vegas Debate
Sanders, Warren slam former mayor's record
- Michael Bloomberg was on a Democratic presidential debate stage for the first time Wednesday night and he became a major target in the Las Vegas debate from the opening minutes onward—more so than frontrunner Bernie Sanders. Elizabeth Warren, Amy Klobuchar, Joe Biden, and Pete Buttigieg also took part in...
Has Never Debated
Quite Like This Before
Feb 19, 2020 7:40 AM CST
Bloomberg Has Never Debated Quite Like This Before
He last debated in 2009, and not with 5 rivals alongside him
- Six Democratic contenders take the debate stage in Las Vegas on Wednesday night, but one will be in the spotlight like no other: Mike Bloomberg is getting behind the podium for the first time, and "he is going to have a giant target on his back from all sides,...
Buttigieg's Iowa Lead Almost
Gone After Recanvassing
Feb 19, 2020 5:05 AM CST
Buttigieg's Iowa Lead Almost Gone After Recanvassing
Sanders is now just 0.04% behind
- The Democratic National Convention begins on July 13—and by then, a clear winner from the Iowa caucuses may have emerged. After a recanvass, the Iowa Democratic Party released results from the Feb. 3 caucuses Tuesday that reduced Pete Buttigieg's narrow lead over Bernie Sanders in state delegate equivalents...
Trump Says He Could
Support a Gay President
Feb 14, 2020 7:04 AM CST
Trump Says He Could Support a Gay President
'I think there would be some that wouldn't'
- President Trump isn't above mocking Pete Buttigieg's name or appearance—but he doesn't have a problem with his sexuality. In an interview with Geraldo Rivera Thursday, Trump said he could support a gay president, though some Americans might not. "I think so," Trump told the...
Slammed by Both Sides
Feb 13, 2020 5:25 PM CST
Limbaugh's Buttigieg Comments Slammed by Both Sides
Talk show host said America is not ready for 'a gay guy kissing his husband' to be president
- Conservative talk show host Rush Limbaugh drew bipartisan criticism Thursday for saying the country won't elect Pete Buttigieg president because he's been “kissing his husband" after debates, the AP reports. Limbaugh's comments came eight days after President Trump awarded him the nation's top civilian honor...
Key Takeaways From the
New Hampshire Primary
Feb 12, 2020 6:15 AM CST
Key Takeaways From the New Hampshire Primary
'Stunning' collapse for Warren, Biden
- As pollsters predicted, Bernie Sanders has won the New Hampshire primary for the second time in a row, giving him the first clear win of the primary season after the chaos in Iowa last week. But while Sanders' win may have been expected, the other New Hampshire results have shaken...
Bernie Sanders Takes
Feb 11, 2020 10:44 PM CST
Bernie Sanders Takes New Hampshire
Buttigieg was in second and Klobuchar third, while Warren and Biden were well back
- Bernie Sanders has won the New Hampshire primary, reports the AP , Politico , CNN , and the
. The final tally isn't yet in, but it appears Pete Buttigieg will finish in a close second and Amy Klobuchar a strong third. Elizabeth Warren and Joe Biden trailed that trio by...
Democrats Hope for
Reset in New Hampshire
Feb 11, 2020 7:34 AM CST
Democrats Hope for Reset in New Hampshire
Bernie Sanders pulls ahead in polls
- Joe Biden, Elizabeth Warren, and Pete Buttigieg have all topped the polls in New Hampshire at various points over the last few months—but Bernie Sanders has pulled away in the home stretch, according to CNN . A tracking poll conducted by the University of New Hampshire Survey Center from Feb....
Iowa Says Buttigieg Has
Largest Delegate Count
Feb 10, 2020 4:35 AM CST
Iowa Says Buttigieg Has Largest Delegate Count
Sanders campaign calls for recanvass
- Pete Buttigieg won the Iowa caucuses, according to the state Democratic Party—but many news outlets are refusing to call a winner, citing errors and inconsistencies in the results. The Iowa Democratic Party said Sunday, almost a week after the caucuses, that Buttigieg would be awarded 14 of the state'...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Archbishop to Pelosi: No More Communion for You
Finland Won't Pay Gas Company in Rubles. Russia Hits Back
Tech Bigwig Was on Call on How to Contest Trump's Loss
2 Secret Service Employees Sent Home From Biden's Trip
First, 'Loud Noises on Their Lanai.' Then, a Surprise Visitor
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.