Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Report: Giuliani Raids
Linked to Ukraine Work
Apr 30, 2021 6:26 AM CDT
Report: Giuliani Raids Linked to Ukraine Work
Sources say firing of US ambassador to Ukraine is investigation's main focus
- Rudy Giuliani's successful push to have the American ambassador to Ukraine removed may have come back to haunt him—again. Sources tell the
New York Times
that the effort to oust Marie Yovanovitch, which was raised during Donald Trump's first impeachment trial, is a main focus of the...
Marie Yovanovitch Says
State Department Is in Trouble
Feb 13, 2020 6:46 AM CST
Marie Yovanovitch Says State Department Is in Trouble
Ousted ambassador says leaders lack 'moral clarity'
- In some of her first public remarks since she played a major role in impeachment proceedings, former ambassador to Ukraine Marie Yovanovitch warned that the State Department is in trouble. Yovanovitch, who was ousted after pressure from President Trump's allies last year, spoke about the "hollowing out" of...
Is at Risk
Feb 6, 2020 1:06 PM CST
Yovanovitch: Our Democracy Is at Risk
Ousted ambassador urges Americans to 'stand up' amid 'turbulent times'
- Marie Yovanovitch feels freer to speak her mind now that she's retired from the foreign service after 33 years, and the former ambassador to Ukraine is doing just that in a
op-ed. Yovanovitch, ousted in what her colleagues testified was a "smear campaign" against her by...
Feb 1, 2020 7:30 AM CST
Ex-Ambassador to Ukraine Leaves State Department
Impeachment witness had been removed from her post
- Marie Yovanovitch, who was forced out as US ambassador to Ukraine and became a witness in the House impeachment inquiry, has retired from the State Department. A career diplomat, she was in the foreign service for 33 years, in posts under Democratic and Republican presidents, NPR reports. After being ousted...
Jan 24, 2020 2:10 PM CST
ABC: Trump Orders Envoy Fired in Recording
'Get rid of her! Get her out tomorrow. ... Take her out,' president seemingly said of ex-ambassador
- President Trump has repeatedly said he doesn't know Lev Parnas and Igor Fruman, two associates of Rudy Giuliani who helped the ex-mayor investigate Joe Biden in Ukraine, and who were arrested in October . Parnas has since said he feels betrayed by Trump, which prompted him to turn over a...
Parnas to Top
Jan 18, 2020 9:00 AM CST
New Impeachment Evidence Ties Parnas to Top Nunes Aide
Derek Harvey was in frequent contact with indicted Giuliani associate; Nunes hasn't commented
- If you thought we were done hearing from Lev Parnas , you were wrong. The former associate of Rudy Giuliani has been making the media rounds , accusing President Trump and other big names of being directly involved in the pressure campaign against Ukraine's president to investigate Joe and Hunter Biden—...
FBI Visits Man
Jan 16, 2020 4:32 PM CST
FBI Visits Man Who Texted About Tailing Ambassador
Documents show Robert Hyde-Lev Parnas messages about watching Marie Yovanovitch
- FBI agents on Thursday went to the home of Robert Hyde, the GOP congressional candidate whose newly released text messages suggested he was keeping former US Ambassador Marie Yovanovitch under surveillance. Agents next went to Hyde's office, out of which he runs his landscaping business and Connecticut campaign, CNN...
Ukraine Opens Investigation
Into Ambassador Allegations
Jan 16, 2020 8:57 AM CST
Ukraine Opens Investigation Into Ambassador Allegations
Giuliani associates texted about tailing Marie Yovanovitch
- Did associates of Rudy Giuliani in Ukraine have then-ambassador Marie Yovanovitch followed there? That's one of the accusations to surface in relation to one of those associates, Lev Parnas . Much is unclear about the accusation, but on Thursday, Ukraine said it would investigate, reports NBC News . The allegation arose...
Parnas: I Delivered Threat
Over Biden Investigation
Jan 16, 2020 6:52 AM CST
Parnas: I Delivered Threat Over Biden Investigation
Giuilani associate says Trump 'knew exactly what was going on'
- Lev Parnas, the Rudy Giuliani associate indicted for campaign finance violations, dropped more than one bombshell in an MSNBC interview Wednesday night. The Florida businessman told Rachel Maddow that he pressured Ukraine's president to dig up dirt on Joe and Hunter Biden—and President Trump "knew exactly what...
Dems Out With
New Wave of
Jan 15, 2020 6:21 AM CST
Dems Out With New Wave of Impeachment Evidence
Documents suggest ambassador to Ukraine was being followed, note suggests prodding Zelensky
- House Democrats have released a trove of documents they obtained from Lev Parnas, a close associate of President Trump's personal lawyer, Rudy Giuliani, including a handwritten note that mentions asking Ukraine's president to investigate "the Biden case." The documents, obtained as part of the impeachment investigation,...
In Real Time, Trump Tweet
Is Focal Point in Testimony
Nov 15, 2019 2:48 PM CST
In Real Time, Trump Tweet Is Focal Point in Testimony
President slams ex-ambassador Yovanovitch Friday, and she is asked to respond
- Day two of the public impeachment hearings featured an oddity. Marie Yovanovitch , the former US ambassador to Ukraine, was asked to respond in real time to a Friday morning tweet from Trump in which he criticized her. Details and coverage:
"Everywhere Marie Yovanovitch went turned bad," he
Yovanovitch Shoots Down
Congressman's Odd Theory
Nov 15, 2019 1:40 PM CST
Yovanovitch Shoots Down Congressman's Odd Theory
Did somebody pay diplomat George Kent to praise fellow diplomat Marie Yovanovitch?
- In his questioning of Marie Yovanovitch during Friday's impeachment hearing , GOP Rep. Mike Conaway seemed to perplex the former ambassador with one of his queries. It happened after he referred to the testimony of diplomat George Kent earlier in the week:
Kent "made some exemplary statements about
Impeachment Hearings Day 2:
'That Woman' Ambassador
Nov 15, 2019 7:37 AM CST
Impeachment Hearings Day 2: 'That Woman' Ambassador
Marie Yovanovitch was abruptly ousted in April
- The second day of the House Intelligence Committee's public impeachment hearings starts at 9am Eastern—and former US Ambassador to Ukraine Marie Yovanovitch is expected to recount how she was abruptly ousted at the end of April. In closed-door testimony released last week, Yovanovitch said she was told that...
Impeachment Inquiry: Major
New Phase Starts in 7 Days
Nov 6, 2019 11:13 AM CST
Impeachment Inquiry: Major New Phase Starts in 7 Days
Rep. Adam Schiff announces first public hearings
- Mark your calendars: House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff on Wednesday announced what the AP calls a "major new phase" of the impeachment inquiry. Public impeachment hearings will begin next Wednesday, Schiff said. Politico reports first up will be William Taylor , the top US diplomat in Ukraine, and Deputy...
First Transcripts From
Impeachment Inquiry Are Out
Nov 4, 2019 12:39 PM CST
First Transcripts From Impeachment Inquiry Are Out
Testimony of Marie Yovanovitch, Michael McKinley released
- The first transcripts from closed-door testimony in the impeachment inquiry have been released. House investigators on Monday released the testimony of Marie Yovanovitch, the former ambassador to Ukraine, and of Michael McKinley, a former State Department adviser. Republicans have been demanding the move, notes the AP , saying that Democrats have...
Report: Bolton Called
Giuliani a 'Hand Grenade'
Oct 15, 2019 7:02 AM CDT
Report: Bolton Called Giuliani a 'Hand Grenade'
Aide Fiona Hill testifies on Ukraine frictions
- President Trump's former top Russian adviser testified before House impeachment investigators Monday—and sources tell the
New York Times
that she had a lot to say about Rudy Giuliani, Ukraine, and John Bolton. The insiders say former National Security Council adviser Fiona Hill told lawmakers that in July, Bolton,...
to Ukraine Speaks Out
Oct 11, 2019 1:14 PM CDT
Ex-Ambassador to Ukraine Speaks Out
Marie Yovanovitch says Trump pressured State Department to remove her over 'false claims'
- The former American ambassador to Ukraine says President Trump himself pressured the State Department to remove her from that post over "false claims," reports NBC News . Marie Yovanovitch was testifying behind closed doors Friday to House impeachment investigators, but her opening remarks were made available to multiple outlets....
Popular on Newser
His Startup Is About to Go Public. He's Also a Killer
Finland Won't Pay Gas Company in Rubles. Russia Hits Back
Archbishop to Pelosi: No More Communion for You
Tech Bigwig Was on Call on How to Contest Trump's Loss
First, 'Loud Noises on Their Lanai.' Then, a Surprise Visitor
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.