Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Ex-Cop Sentenced in
Killing of Atatiana Jefferson
Dec 20, 2022 4:30 PM CST
Ex-Cop Sentenced in Killing of Atatiana Jefferson
Aaron Dean shot Texas woman through back window of her home
- A former Texas police officer who fatally shot Atatiana Jefferson through a rear window of her home in 2019 was sentenced Tuesday to 11 years and 10 months in prison for his manslaughter conviction. Aaron Dean, 38, had faced up to 20 years in prison, but jurors also had the...
Dec 16, 2022 12:11 AM CST
Ex-Cop Who Shot, Killed Atatiana Jefferson Convicted
Aaron Dean found guilty of manslaughter
- The former Texas cop who fatally shot Atatiana Jefferson as she played video games with her 8-year-old nephew was on Thursday convicted of manslaughter in the 28-year-old's death. Aaron Dean faces up to two decades behind bars when the trial's sentencing phase begins Friday, CNN reports. Dean was...
in Home by
Nov 10, 2019 9:38 AM CST
Father of Woman Killed in Home by Police Dies
Marquis Jefferson's daughter was playing video games in her home
- Marquis Jefferson, whose daughter was shot to death by police in her home last month in Fort Worth, has died of a heart attack. Jefferson, 59, died at a hospital in Dallas,
reports. Atatiana Jefferson, his only child, was shot to death through a window by a police...
Fort Worth Chief:
'Absolutely No Excuse'
for Woman's Killing
Oct 16, 2019 1:58 AM CDT
Fort Worth Chief: 'Absolutely No Excuse' for Woman's Killing
Officer's arrest warrant says victim pulled gun after hearing suspicious noises
- The furor Tuesday over the killing of a black woman by a white Fort Worth officer became increasingly about a gun pointed at a bedroom window. But the police chief and activists said the focus was on the wrong gun. Officer Aaron Dean was arrested on a murder charge Monday...
Cop Who Shot Woman Through
Window Charged With Murder
Oct 15, 2019 12:15 AM CDT
Cop Who Shot Woman Through Window Charged With Murder
Aaron Dean was arrested hours after he resigned
- The Fort Worth police officer who shot Atatiana Jefferson through her bedroom window early Saturday was charged with murder Monday—hours after he resigned . Officials say Aaron Dean was booked into the Tarrant County Correction Center and later released on $200,000 bond, NBC reports. Interim Police Chief Ed Kraus...
Cop Who Killed
Fort Worth Woman
Oct 14, 2019 2:15 PM CDT
Cop Who Killed Fort Worth Woman Through Window Has Resigned
Aaron Dean would have been fired had he not, said Fort Worth's interim police chief
- The Fort Worth officer who fired into a home's open window , killing Atatiana Jefferson, has resigned, per Interim Police Chief Ed Kraus. Kraus noted the department had intended to fire Aaron Dean today, but he resigned first. He added that criminal charges are possible and that he'll receive...
Nephew, 8, Was in the Room
When Police Shot Woman
Oct 14, 2019 6:58 AM CDT
Nephew, 8, Was in the Room When Police Shot Woman
They were playing a video game when they heard noises outside
- Atatiana Jefferson was proud of being a "cool auntie" and had been up late playing video games with her 8-year-old nephew when she was killed in her Fort Worth home by police early Saturday, lawyer Lee Merritt says. He says Jefferson and the boy—who was in the room...
Popular on Newser
Oscars Reviewing Rules After Controversial Nomination
Dallas Zoo Adds Another Mystery to the List
Woman Allegedly Killed Lookalike She Found on Instagram
TikTok Trend Leads to More Bad News for Kia, Hyundai Owners
With Laverne, Cindy Williams Skipped Through Milwaukee
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.