Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Arrested at French Open
Jun 4, 2021 10:53 AM CDT
Russian Player Arrested at French Open
Yana Sizikova accused of match-fixing at last year's tournament
- The French Open has moved from one controversy to another with a Russian player now accused of match-fixing. Thursday got progressively worse for Yana Sizikova, who lost her opening round doubles match with fellow Russian Ekaterina Alexandrova in Paris, then was arrested and had her hotel room searched, French newspaper...
Guy 'Trapped' in
Boy Band Contest
to Boot Him
Apr 27, 2021 7:37 AM CDT
Guy 'Trapped' in Boy Band Contest Begged Viewers to Boot Him
Vladislav Ivanov made the mistake of agreeing to be on Chinese reality TV and instantly regretted it
- Many people eagerly allow themselves to be subjected to unpleasant situations in the name of reality television. For Vladislav Ivanov, that wasn't quite the case. Thanks to his Mandarin skills, the 27-year-old from Russia had originally been recruited to serve as a teacher and translator for
Produce Camp 2021
Among Charges in Capitol Riot,
a 'Bizarre Claim' About Russia
Jan 18, 2021 6:21 AM CST
Among Charges in Capitol Riot, a 'Bizarre Claim' About Russia
FBI investigating whether Pa. woman swiped computer from Pelosi office to sell to Russians
- An engraved nameplate apparently isn't the only thing swiped from Nancy Pelosi's office during the Capitol riot. The FBI filed an arrest warrant Sunday against Pennsylvania woman Riley June Williams, with charges linked to the Jan. 6 attack in DC including entering a restricted building, disrupting the orderly...
Navy Sailor Charged With
Giving Intel to a Russian
Jul 17, 2020 7:44 AM CDT
Navy Sailor Charged With Giving Intel to a Russian
Charles T. Briggs was also hit with child pornography charges
- A US Navy sailor based out of Portsmouth, Va., is heading to a general court-martial next week, accused of handing over classified information to a Russian he reportedly knew. Per a charge sheet cited by the
, Chief Petty Officer Charles T. Briggs is said to have used a government...
Russian Pranksters: Harry Said
Trump Has 'Blood on His Hands'
Mar 11, 2020 1:00 PM CDT
Russian Pranksters: Harry Said Trump Has 'Blood on His Hands'
Vovan and Lexus reportedly got prince to dish on several topics during 2 prank calls
- Jokesters Alexey Stolyarov and Vladimir Kuznetsov apparently like impersonating Greta Thunberg —so much so that they reportedly spent New Year's Eve pranking Prince Harry, pretending they were the Swedish teen climate activist. Per the BBC , the notorious Russian duo known as Vovan and Lexus reportedly placed two calls...
Jan 6, 2020 7:55 AM CST
Latest Victim of Russian Pranksters: Maxine Waters
Democratic congresswoman thought she was talking to Greta Thunberg
- They've gotten Rick Perry , Elton John , Lindsey Graham , and Maxine Waters , among others, and now, Maxine Waters again. "They" being Vladimir Kuznetsov and Alexey Stolyarov, aka Russian rogues Vovan and Lexus, who've placed prank calls to high-profile names worldwide. This time, they fooled the Democratic congresswoman into...
Cop Found Her
Singing in the
She's a Viral Hit
Oct 1, 2019 9:20 AM CDT
Cop Found Her Singing in the Subway. Now She's a Viral Hit
People want to help Emily Zamourka, a homeless immigrant—but it's complicated
- It's "like the
story, but on social media." That's how a rep for a Los Angeles councilman describes the plight of Emily Zamourka, a homeless woman discovered singing in an empty subway station by an LAPD officer. Zamourka may now have a new lease...
Calls With Putin,
Sep 28, 2019 6:30 AM CDT
WH Concealed Calls With Putin, Crown Prince: Report
As well as reported convo in which Trump told Russians election interference didn't concern him
- As an impeachment inquiry into President Trump gains momentum after a whistleblower complaint regarding his July phone call with Ukrainian President Volodymr Zelensky, more stories are breaking that suggest a concealment like the one alleged after the Trump-Zelensky call may not have been limited to that call. Sources tell CNN...
Russian Navy Boat Gets
Sunk by Angry Mammal
Sep 25, 2019 6:01 PM CDT
Russian Navy Boat Gets Sunk by Angry Mammal
Seems a walrus was protecting her cubs
- A Russian Navy vessel was apparently sunk last week by an ill-tempered walrus, CBS News reports. Researchers on an Arctic tugboat had boarded a rubber landing craft for shore when the marine mammal attacked. "During the landing at Cape Heller, a group of researchers had to flee from a...
Russian Sailors Were Doing
This During Near-Collision
Jun 9, 2019 5:34 PM CDT
Russian Sailors Were Doing This During Near-Collision
In a Navy video, they appear to be sunbathing
- A Navy cruiser and a Russian destroyer nearly collided Friday in the Philippine Sea, sparking an instant blame game between the two nations. Now for another issue:
Navy video of the incident appears to show shirtless Russian sailors soaking up rays on a rear helipad as the crisis unfolded,...
'Unexplained Phone Call' Raises
Eyebrows in Skripal Case
May 20, 2019 7:55 AM CDT
'Unexplained Phone Call' Raises Eyebrows in Skripal Case
Authorities say 2 Russian suspects may have received a 'signal'
- The poisoning of Sergei and Yulia Skripal just slathered another layer of mystery on. The
reports Anatoliy Chepiga and Alexander Mishkin, the two Russians suspected of attacking the father and daughter in Salisbury, England, in March 2018 with a Novichok nerve agent, may have had some off-site assistance. Investigators...
Should 'Stop the Bull'
Apr 21, 2019 5:00 PM CDT
Giuliani: Romney Should 'Stop the Bull'
Trump's lawyer dukes it out on the Sunday morning shows
- President Donald Trump's lawyer Rudy Giuliani insisted Sunday there was "nothing wrong" with the president's 2016 campaign taking information from the Russians, as House Democrats pledged stepped-up investigations into campaign misconduct and possible crimes of obstruction detailed in special counsel Robert Mueller's report, per the AP...
Indicted Russian Firm Rails
Against Mueller's 'Nude Selfie'
Dec 28, 2018 10:55 AM CST
Indicted Russian Firm Rails Against Mueller's 'Nude Selfie'
Concord Management and Consulting says special counsel 'collected' a naked pic in his Russia probe
- Not surprising: There are lots of nude selfies floating around. Perhaps surprising: Robert Mueller has one of them. That's the claim being made by a Russian firm indicted by Mueller over the summer on charges it helped a Russian troll farm interfere in the US 2016 elections, per the...
His Odor Grounded a Plane.
A Month Later, He Died
Jun 28, 2018 8:51 AM CDT
His Odor Grounded a Plane. A Month Later, He Died
It turns out Andrey Suchilin was suffering from necrosis, which was causing the smell
- A story that began embarrassingly has ended tragically.
reports on the death of 58-year-old Andrey Suchilin, a Russian guitarist who spurred an emergency landing of a Transavia Airlines plane in Portugal. Per
via WJW , Suchilin's odor during the May 29 flight from Spain to the Netherlands...
Fly Out to Meet
May 12, 2018 9:30 AM CDT
US Fighters Fly Out to Meet Russian Bombers
F-22s intercept visitors near Alaska
- Giddyup, those are Russians: American F-22s flew out to monitor two Russian TU-95 "Bear" bombers flying close to Alaska on Friday, CNN reports. The F-22s stayed close until the Russians left a stretch of mostly international airspace along Alaska's coastline, per Fox News . The nuclear-capable bombers didn't...
Trump Responds to Bannon's
Damning Comments in Book
Jan 3, 2018 1:00 PM CST
Trump Responds to Bannon's Damning Comments in Book
'He lost his mind,' says the president of former adviser's comments to author Michael Wolff
- A highly anticipated book about the Trump White House comes out next week, and some advance peeks already are making headlines. Two in particular from
Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House
by Michael Wolff (a Newser founder): The Trump team, including Trump himself, genuinely did not expect to...
His Son as
Jul 11, 2017 3:31 PM CDT
Trump Praises His Son as Critics See 'Smoking Gun'
Newly released emails ramp up the Trump-Russia story
- President Trump has weighed in for the first time on the unfolding story involving son Donald Trump Jr. and his meeting with a Russian lawyer. "My son is a high-quality person, and I applaud his transparency," the president said in a statement read by deputy press chief Sarah...
Trump Jr. Meeting With Russian
Lawyer Now in Spotlight
Jul 9, 2017 11:56 AM CDT
Trump Jr. Meeting With Russian Lawyer Now in Spotlight
It's the first known one between Trump campaign officials and a Russian national
- President Trump says it's time to "move forward" with Moscow, but the
New York Times
is out with a front-page story on another meeting between his aides and a Russian figure during the campaign. This one took place two weeks after Trump clinched the GOP nomination and was...
Jul 16, 2015 1:16 PM CDT
ISS Astronauts Flee Flying Russian Space Debris
It was too late to do 'evasive maneuver' by the time they got word from NASA
- American astronaut Scott Kelly and two Russian cosmonauts shacked up at the International Space Station had to scurry out of the way of flying space debris after a chunk of a Russian weather satellite sped by earlier today, AFP reports. The men hurried into the Soyuz spacecraft, which ferries them...
Think US Poses
May 13, 2015 1:25 PM CDT
Most Russians Think US Poses Threat: Poll
Of those 59%, 31% fear a US invasion
- Some 59% of Russians believe the US is a threat to their country and of that number, 31% say a US invasion and occupation is possible. The latest opinions, courtesy of a Levada Center think tank poll of 1,600 adults, offer further evidence that relations between the two countries...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Liz Cheney Unloads on House Leaders After Shooting
'Holy Cow. Plants Actually Grow in Lunar Stuff'
Ted Cruz Scores a Victory Before the Supreme Court
Bette Midler's Advice on the Formula Shortage Goes Over Poorly
18-Year-Old Topples Track Record From 1965
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.