Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Kansas City Royals
Stories 1 - 20 |
10 Unvaccinated Royals
Can't Go to Toronto
Jul 14, 2022 5:50 PM CDT
10 Unvaccinated Royals Can't Go to Toronto
Team calls up minor leaguers for trip to Canada, which requires the shots for arrivals
- The Kansas City Royals expect to have a full roster of players for their four-game series in Toronto, but they won't all be the major leaguers who played for the team Wednesday. Ten players won't be making the trip because they haven't been vaccinated against COVID-19,
A Baseball Team
Just Sold for $1B
Aug 30, 2019 4:15 PM CDT
A Baseball Team Just Sold for $1B
Kansas City businessman is buying his hometown Royals
- A Kansas City businessman has made a $1 billion offer to buy the Royals from David Glass. John Sherman has raised the needed capital, per
, and the deal will be ready for approval by Major League Baseball's owners in November. Glass, 83, paid $96 million for the...
This Might Be the Worst
Ceremonial First Pitch Ever
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
Jun 2, 2019 10:31 AM CDT
This Might Be the Worst Ceremonial First Pitch Ever
White Sox employee hit team cameraman
- A Chicago White Sox employee may have made baseball history with the ceremonial first pitch against the Kansas City Royals on Tuesday—and not in a good way. In what Deadspin describes as a strong contender for the worst ceremonial first pitch of all time, the pitch from the team'...
He Got a $4.5M MLB
He Used It for
a Christmas Gift
Dec 26, 2018 7:30 AM CST
He Got a $4.5M MLB Signing Bonus. He Used It for a Christmas Gift
Brady Singer, top prospect for Kansas City Royals, paid off mom and dad's bank loan, all other debt
- Imagine being 22 years old and able to offer your parents the ultimate Christmas gift: freedom from debt. That's a feeling just experienced by Brady Singer, a first-round draft pick in this year's MLB draft and now a prospect for the Kansas City Royals, after he made the...
This Astros Player Came to the
4th Inning Looking ... Different
Jun 25, 2018 11:40 AM CDT
This Astros Player Came to the 4th Inning Looking ... Different
Alex Bregman decided to shave his mustache right in the middle of the game
- Hair today, gone … by the fourth inning? That's what happened with the Houston Astros' Alex Bregman Sunday during his team's game against the Kansas City Royals. MLB.com reports the third baseman got a walk in the second inning, then didn't come to the plate again...
Things Looked Dire for MLB
Team. Then a Cat Showed Up
Aug 10, 2017 9:19 AM CDT
Things Looked Dire for MLB Team. Then a Cat Showed Up
'Rally Cat' getting credit for dramatic St. Louis Cardinals victory
- The Cardinals needed help. They got "Rally Cat"—and now baseball has a new hero and meme. MLB.com explains: The St. Louis Cardinals trailed the Kansas City Royals 5-4 in the bottom of the sixth in a crucial playoff-race game Wednesday, but they had the bases loaded....
2 Baseball Stars
Die in Car Wrecks
Jan 22, 2017 11:57 AM CST
2 Baseball Stars Die in Car Wrecks
Yordano Ventura, Andy Marte killed in separate accidents in Dominican Republic
- Royals pitcher Yordano Ventura, whose electric arm and confident demeanor helped lead his long-suffering team to the 2015 World Series title, died in a car crash in his native Dominican Republic early Sunday. He was 25. With the fitting nickname of "Ace," Ventura burst onto the baseball scene...
How One Man Made $2.5M
Betting on the World Series
Oct 23, 2016 4:55 PM CDT
How One Man Made $2.5M Betting on the World Series
'Vegas Dave' and his history of long-shot sports bets
- "Vegas" Dave Oancea started his career as a professional gambler by taking out a $10,000 student loan, going straight to Vegas, and putting it all on red. Telling his story to Mel Magazine , Dave says: "It hit, and I turned the 10 grand into 20. That started...
Salvador Perez Is
World Series MVP
Nov 2, 2015 3:02 AM CST
Salvador Perez Is World Series MVP
'Now I don't feel pain,' says tough Royals catcher
- Salvador Perez took foul balls off his mask, collarbone, and fingers, and the Kansas City catcher kept on bouncing back, like some indestructible test dummy. No bruise was too painful; no ache was too much to overcome. Not only did he anchor the pitching staff, he hit .364 (8 for...
in Extra Innings
Nov 1, 2015 11:39 PM CST
Royals Win World Series in Extra Innings
They stage yet another rally
- The Kansas City Royals won their first World Series crown since 1985, rallying in the ninth inning when Eric Hosmer scrambled home to tie it and then breaking away in the 12th to beat the New York Mets 7-2 in Game 5 Sunday night. The daring Royals capped their postseason...
Huge Error Late
Puts Mets in Big
World Series Hole
Nov 1, 2015 12:03 AM CDT
Huge Error Late Puts Mets in Big World Series Hole
Kansas City goes up 3-1, with help from mistake by Daniel Murphy
- The Kansas City Royals rallied for three runs in the eighth inning after second baseman Daniel Murphy's error and startled the New York Mets 5-3 Saturday night for a 3-1 lead in the World Series. Mets rookie Michael Conforto hit two home runs, and a sellout crowd kept getting...
Mets Back in
With 9-3 Win
Oct 31, 2015 12:32 AM CDT
Mets Back in World Series With 9-3 Win
They can level it on Saturday night
- Two balls launched over the wall, one fired over an opponent's head, and just like that, David Wright and the New York Mets are right back in this World Series. Wright homered and drove in four runs, Curtis Granderson also connected, and rookie Noah Syndergaard set a nasty tone...
Royals Go Up 2-0
in World Series
Oct 29, 2015 12:40 AM CDT
Royals Go Up 2-0 in World Series
They beat the Mets 7-1 in Kansas City
- Johnny Cueto pitched a two-hitter, Eric Hosmer drove in two more runs, and the Kansas City Royals beat the New York Mets 7-1 in Kansas City Wednesday night to take a 2-0 lead in the World Series. Cueto struck out four, walked three, and reinforced why the Royals got the...
Royals Win Longest-Ever
World Series Opener
Oct 28, 2015 12:58 AM CDT
Royals Win Longest-Ever World Series Opener
They beat the Mets 5-4 in 14 innings
- Alcides Escobar started the World Series with a jolt. Five hours later, he ended the longest opener ever with a jump—into the arms of his joyous Kansas City Royals teammates. Saved by Alex Gordon's tying home run in the ninth inning off Mets closer Jeurys Familia, the Royals...
It's a World Series First:
Royals vs. the Mets
Oct 23, 2015 11:32 PM CDT
It's a World Series First: Royals vs. the Mets
Kansas City beats Toronto in Game 6 to advance
- Yoenis Cespedes launching long drives, Lorenzo Cain dashing to catch them. Noah Syndergaard zinging 100 mph heat, Alcides Escobar trying to catch up. The pitching-rich New York Mets, boosted by Daniel Murphy's power surge. The plucky Kansas City Royals, aiming to atone for last year's near-miss. Served up...
Giants Win World Series
Oct 29, 2014 10:31 PM CDT
Giants Win World Series
San Francisco takes third championship in five years
- Madison Bumgarner pitched five innings of near-perfect relief as the San Francisco Giants held off the Kansas City Royals 3-2 in Game 7 of the World Series for their third championship in five seasons. With both starters chased early, this became a matchup of bullpens. And no one stood taller...
With 10-0 Rout,
Royals Force Game 7
Oct 28, 2014 10:44 PM CDT
With 10-0 Rout, Royals Force Game 7
World Series tied 3-3 after Giants battered
- Lorenzo Cain looped a two-run single and Eric Hosmer chopped a two-run double over the shortstop in a seven-run second inning as the Kansas City Royals battered the San Francisco Giants 10-0 to force a decisive Game 7 in the World Series. Pitching with the initials of late St. Louis...
Giants Take Lead
With 5-0 Shutout
Oct 26, 2014 11:43 PM CDT
Giants Take Lead With 5-0 Shutout
Bumgarner throws first Series shutout for 11 years
- With every pitch, Madison Bumgarner etched his place among the World Series greats. The long, tall lefty kept slinging away and put the San Francisco Giants just one win from yet another championship, throwing a four-hitter to beat the Kansas City Royals 5-0 for a 3-2 Series edge. Hardly menacing...
Giants Blow By
Oct 26, 2014 1:03 AM CDT
Giants Blow By Royals 11-4, Tie Series
San Francisco wobbles, stages epic rally
- The World Series was slipping away from the San Francisco Giants. A botched grounder led to a three-run deficit, and they were in danger of falling behind the Kansas City Royals three games to one. Instead of panic, it was time for some Panda-monium, complete with four fans in the...
Royals Go Up 2-1
in World Series
Oct 25, 2014 4:00 AM CDT
Royals Go Up 2-1 in World Series
KC uses familiar formula against Giants in 3-2 win
- All season long and deep into October, the Kansas City Royals have relied on their winning formula of fundamental baseball: sparkling defense, a dominant bullpen and just enough timely hitting. It won them a wild card and the American League pennant. And now, it has manager Ned Yost and his...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Multiple People Now 'on the Radar' in JonBenet Case
Family in 'Unbearable Pain' After Mother Found in Gator's Jaws
'Nightmare' Exodus Begins Amid Fears of Ethnic Cleansing
Fans Boo as Miami Dolphins Opt Not to Go for NFL Record
Forget WFH. It's Time to WFG
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.