It's been a good year for quotes inspiring, inept, and inscrutable. A Yale librarian has compiled his annual list of the year's 10 key quotations, and topping this year's selection is Occupy Wall Street's rallying cry: "We are the 99%." The runners-up:
- Lines from Elizabeth Warren's much-watched speech: "Nobody in this country got rich on his own. Nobody."
- Warren Buffett's complaint: "My friends and I have been coddled long enough by a billionaire-friendly Congress."
- Jon Huntsman's tweet: "I believe in evolution and trust scientists on global warming. Call me crazy."
- Rick Perry: "Oops."
- Herman Cain's assertion: that he didn't know "the president of Ubeki-beki-beki-beki-stan-stan."
- Charlie Sheen: "I am on a drug. It's called 'Charlie Sheen.' If you try it ... your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
- Steve Jobs' last words: "Oh wow. Oh wow. Oh wow."
- Anthony Weiner on that graphic photo: "I can't say with certitude."
- Gloria Allred on her client: "Mr. Cain instead decided to provide her with his idea of a stimulus package."
Click through for the full quotations
—or take a look at the year's biggest news
. (Read more Occupy Wall Street