Tummy tucks are back: They dropped out of the top five most popular cosmetic surgeries last year, but are back this year, with more than 2,000 more of the procedures done in 2017 than 2016. In a press release, the ASPS says cosmetic procedures overall were up 2% in 2017 over 2016, and reveals the five most popular cosmetic surgeries of 2017, with breast augmentation leading the way:
- Breast augmentation: The procedure was up 3% in popularity from 2016, with 300,378 procedures done in 2017. ASPS chief Jeffrey Janis says breast reductions in particular increased by 11% in 2017 over the year prior, and notes that they are "consistently reported as one of the highest patient satisfaction procedures" because they address both "functional and aesthetic concerns."
- Liposuction: Up 5% in popularity, with 246,354 procedures done.
- Nose reshaping: Down 2% in popularity, with 218,924 procedures done.
- Eyelid surgery: Remained about the same in popularity, with 209,571 procedures done.
- Tummy tuck: Up 2% in popularity, with 129,753 procedures done.
to find out the top 5 minimally-invasive cosmetic procedures of 2017. (Read more cosmetic surgery