Cohen to Level Serious Charge Against Trump - Page 2
He's expected to tell Congress his former boss engaged in criminal conduct as president
- And more: Cohen also plans to accuse Trump of making racist statements and to provide a financial statement to show that Trump has lied about his net worth, sometimes inflating it or devaluing, depending on circumstances, reports the New York Times. In short, Cohen will portray Trump as a "liar, cheater and racist," is how the Washington Post puts it.
- Counter-attack: Expect GOP senators to undercut Cohen's credibility and accuse him of lying about Trump to help his own case. Cohen, after all, is going to jail in May after a guilty plea to multiple felonies, including lying to Congress, notes Bloomberg. Cohen attorney Lanny Davis, though, says Cohen will back up his assertions with documents and will respond to credibility questions by essentially saying: "I take full responsibility, I lied in the past; now you have to decide if I’m telling the truth."
- He's a liar: In a USA Today op-ed, GOP Reps. Jim Jordan and Mark Meadow amplify the point about Cohen being an admitted liar and say he will "surely" lie during testimony. But "many Democrats care about one thing and one thing only: impeaching President Trump."
- On Russia: Cohen will not discuss anything related to Russia during his open testimony. But behind closed doors, lawmakers are expected to grill Cohen on how long into his candidacy Trump pursued plans to build a Trump Tower in Moscow.
- Rep. Cummings: Democrat Elijah Cummings chairs the House oversight panel, and he's casting this week as a potentially big deal. "This is one moment in history," he tells CNN. "And when you get to my age, and you look back and you realize, these moments are very, very, very significant. It may very well be a turning point in our country's history, I don't know."
(Read more Michael Cohen
My Take on This Story
Show results |