Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Trump Kicks Off
Double Legal Win
Nov 13, 2021 8:30 AM CST
Trump Kicks Off Weekend With Double Legal Win
Former 'Apprentice' contender drops defamation suit, judge dismisses Michael Cohen complaint
- It was a good day on the legal front Friday for Donald Trump, who saw one lawsuit against him dropped and another one dismissed. CNN reports that Summer Zervos, a former contestant on
who'd filed a defamation complaint in 2017 against Trump after he denied her sexual...
Sues US for $20M
Jul 3, 2021 2:10 PM CDT
Michael Cohen Claims Retaliation, Sues US for $20M
Former lawyer for ex-president says Trump officials improperly sent him back to prison
- Michael Cohen was allowed to leave prison in May 2020 so he could serve the rest of his sentence at home. But while the terms were being worked out, he was sent back to prison, reportedly after refusing to agree to the furlough's conditions. The real reasons, he says,...
Stormy Daniels: Trump Was
'Worst 90 Seconds of My Life'
Feb 8, 2021 6:44 AM CST
Stormy Daniels: Trump Was 'Worst 90 Seconds of My Life'
Michael Cohen interviews ex-president's alleged ex-mistress on his podcast
- When he was Donald Trump’s attorney, Michael Cohen was hellbent on silencing Stormy Daniels , even arranging a hush-money payment to the adult film star that landed him in federal prison . Now, Cohen is literally broadcasting Daniels' story—he interviews her in the latest episode of his podcast,
Michael Cohen Apparently
Made Interesting Pals in Jail
Dec 29, 2020 11:47 AM CST
Michael Cohen Apparently Made Interesting Pals in Jail
He speaks of Tony Meatballs and Big Minty in interview
- Former "fixer" Michael Cohen went on MSNBC Monday night and had serious things to say about President Trump's recent spate of pardons . But people appear to be more interested in Cohen's passing comment about two of his former fellow inmates—"Tony Meatballs" and "Big Minty....
Cohen: Trump Will Just Stay
in Mar-a-Lago After Christmas
Nov 11, 2020 6:30 PM CST
Cohen: Trump Will Just Stay in Mar-a-Lago After Christmas
He says there's no way president could bring himself to attend Biden inauguration
- President Trump's Christmas vacation could be a long one, according to his former lawyer. Michael Cohen predicts that the president will go to his Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida for the holidays and not return to the White House afterward, the
reports. "After Christmas, he usually comes back...
Cohen: Falwell Endorsed Trump
After Topless Photo 'Favor'
Sep 9, 2020 6:44 AM CDT
Cohen: Falwell Endorsed Trump After Topless Photo 'Favor'
Falwell says there was 'no quid pro quo'
- Michael Cohen did indeed suppress racy photos of Jerry Falwell Jr.'s wife before getting the evangelical leader to endorse President Trump in 2016, according to Cohen's new book, out Wednesday. In
Disloyal: The Memoir
, Trump's former fixer says he helped "kill" the photos of a...
Cohen: Trump Hates
Obama Because He's Black
Sep 8, 2020 3:12 PM CDT
Cohen: Trump Hates Obama Because He's Black
ANC responds to alleged Mandela insult
- Michael Cohen is no longer President Trump's lawyer, but he has some advice for his former client: Cohen, speaking ahead of the Tuesday release of tell-all memoir
, told NBC that he would tell the president to "resign now, let Mike Pence pardon you from any and all...
Michael Cohen's Tell-All
Makes Damning Claims
Sep 6, 2020 5:33 AM CDT
Michael Cohen's Tell-All Makes Damning Claims
He writes that Trump made 'overt and covert' efforts to get Russia's help in 2016 election
- Michael Cohen's tell-all memoir about President Trump is out Tuesday, but some media outlets have obtained advance copies. Among other things, he calls the president, his former legal client, “a cheat, a liar, a fraud, a bully, a racist, a predator, a con man.” Some highlights from...
Cohen's Tell-All Foreword
Is Out, and It's Provocative
Aug 14, 2020 1:31 AM CDT
Cohen's Tell-All Foreword Is Out, and It's Provocative
There's a reference to 'golden showers' in it
- The foreword to Michael Cohen's Trump tell-all is out, and it's a doozy. "Trump has no true friends," Cohen writes in the opening to the book due out Sept. 8. (Read the foreword in full here ; a White House rep calls it "fan fiction" the...
Jul 24, 2020 2:45 PM CDT
Michael Cohen Heads Home
Bureau of Prisons argues with judge's ruling
- Michael Cohen is out of prison again. President Trump's former personal lawyer was released Friday, a day after a judge ruled that he had been sent back to prison from home confinement as retaliation for his plan to release a book critical of Trump. The AP reports that Cohen...
Judge Frees Michael Cohen,
Says He Was Treated Unfairly
Jul 23, 2020 11:22 AM CDT
Judge Frees Michael Cohen, Says He Was Treated Unfairly
Trump's former attorney must be released by Friday afternoon
- Michael Cohen is getting out of prison early—again. A federal judge ordered President Trump's former attorney released by 2pm Friday and accused the government of retaliating against him, reports CNBC . Cohen had been furloughed in May over concerns about the coronavirus and ordered to serve out his sentence...
Wants Out of Jail Again
Jul 21, 2020 1:27 AM CDT
Michael Cohen Wants Out of Jail Again
Trump's former personal lawyer sues AG William Barr to be released, again, from prison
- President Trump’s former personal lawyer sued Attorney General William Barr and the Bureau of Prisons director Monday, saying he’s being unjustly held behind bars to stop him from finishing a book that criticizes Trump, the AP reports. The lawsuit on behalf of Michael Cohen was filed late Monday...
Cohen 'Had Rug
Pulled Out From
Under Him' in
Jul 10, 2020 6:00 AM CDT
Cohen 'Had Rug Pulled Out From Under Him' in Prison Stunner
Lawyer says the problem has to do with a document officers wanted Cohen to sign
- Michael Cohen "had the rug pulled out from under him" Thursday when he was abruptly sent back to prison , one of his lawyers says. According to the
New York Times
, President Trump's longtime personal lawyer and fixer was "in good spirits" as he arrived to the courthouse,...
Is Back in Prison
Jul 9, 2020 1:38 PM CDT
Michael Cohen Is Back in Prison
Former Trump attorney was serving remainder of sentence at home
- Michael Cohen is back in federal custody less than two months after being released, reports ABC News . In May, the former Trump attorney was allowed to leave federal prison and return to New York City to finish his sentence at home because of coronavirus fears. The reason he's back...
a Year in Prison
May 21, 2020 3:41 PM CDT
Former Trump Lawyer Goes Home After a Year in Prison
Michael Cohen is released to home confinement because of the pandemic
- After serving just over a year in a federal prison, Michael Cohen was released Thursday and returned to his home in New York City. After winning his release because of concern he'd contract the coronavirus in prison, President Trump's former lawyer will serve the rest of his three-year...
May 21, 2020 12:53 AM CDT
Michael Cohen Getting Out Thursday: Source
Ex-Trump lawyer will reportedly be moved to home confinement amid pandemic
- President Trump’s longtime personal lawyer and fixer Michael Cohen will be released from federal prison Thursday and is expected to serve the remainder of his sentence at home, a person familiar with the matter told the AP . Cohen has been serving a federal prison sentence at FCI Otisville in...
Michael Cohen on
May 11, 2020 1:53 PM CDT
Rosie Advising Michael Cohen on Anti-Trump Book
O'Connell wrote to him in prison, then visited him in person
- Michael Cohen is working on a book critical of President Trump from prison , and he's getting a little help putting it together from another Trump nemesis, Rosie O'Donnell . It seems that O'Donnell first wrote a letter to the president's former attorney and struck up a friendship,...
Bad News on 2 Fronts
for Michael Cohen
May 2, 2020 7:30 AM CDT
Bad News on 2 Fronts for Michael Cohen
Trump's ex-lawyer wasn't released from prison, though it's murky; plus, pushback on his tell-all
- Friday was supposed to be the day when Michael Cohen, the former personal attorney to President Trump, was to be released early from prison, allowed to spend the rest of his sentence in home confinement instead of remaining behind bars until November 2021. Now, sources tell ABC News that Cohen...
to Be Released
Apr 17, 2020 2:30 AM CDT
Michael Cohen to Be Released Thanks to Coronavirus
He'll be released to home confinement, his attorney says
- Michael Cohen, currently serving a three-year sentence related to "hush money" payments to Stormy Daniels and Karen McDougal, among other things, was scheduled to be released in November of next year. Instead, he'll be released any day now, thanks to the coronavirus pandemic. Cohen's lawyer and multiple...
Apr 11, 2020 12:00 PM CDT
Michael Cohen Gets Moved to Solitary
President Trump's former lawyer is removed from a minimum-security facility
- Looks like Michael Cohen is going to have some alone time. President Trump's former lawyer was moved Wednesday to solitary confinement amid his three-year sentence for breaking campaign finance laws, Reuters reports. Officials relocated him from a minimum-security camp in Otisville, about 70 miles from New York City, to...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
19 Elementary School Students, 2 Adults Dead in Texas Shooting
'She Is Gone,' Texas Man Sobbed Into Phone
Senator's Angry, Heartbroken Speech on Texas School Shooting Goes Viral
FBI Reportedly Foils ISIS Plot to Kill Bush in Texas
A Decade-Long Uber Strategy Comes to an End
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.