Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Is Fixing for a
Seat in Congress
Aug 11, 2023 8:23 AM CDT
Trump's Ex-Fixer Is Fixing for a Seat in Congress
Michael Cohen is considering run in New York as a Dem, with possible primary against Jerry Nadler
- Former Trump fixer , ex-attorney , and convicted felon Michael Cohen may soon be adding a new descriptor before his name: congressional candidate. "I am interested and there's a multitude of folks encouraging me to run," the 56-year-old told Semafor on Thursday, noting that he lives on Manhattan's...
Trump's Company, Cohen Settle
Jul 21, 2023 2:45 PM CDT
Trump's Company, Cohen Settle
Lawsuit over legal bills could have put former president's son on the stand
- Donald Trump's company and his former longtime lawyer and fixer Michael Cohen have settled a lawsuit over Cohen's claims that he was unfairly stuck with big legal bills after becoming entangled in investigations into the former president. Lawyers for the two sides disclosed the settlement during a video...
Trump Judge Says Hush Money
Is Outside Presidential Duties
Jul 19, 2023 7:05 PM CDT
Trump Judge Says Hush Money Is Outside Presidential Duties
Former president loses attempt to move case to federal court
- A federal judge on Wednesday rejected Donald Trump's bid to move his hush money criminal case from New York state court to federal court, ruling that the former president had failed to meet a high legal bar for changing jurisdiction. US District Judge Alvin Hellerstein found that the allegations...
Cohen Has a Response
to Trump's $500M Lawsuit
Apr 13, 2023 5:43 AM CDT
Cohen Has a Response to Trump's $500M Lawsuit
And that response is a GoFundMe campaign
- Michael Cohen is looking for some help with legal expenses to fight a lawsuit from his former boss. Hours after former President Trump filed a lawsuit against the lawyer Wednesday, seeking more than $500 million in damages, Cohen shared a link to a GoFundMe campaign started on his behalf by...
Expected Soon: Sources
Mar 21, 2023 6:30 AM CDT
Trump Indictment Expected Soon: Sources
NYPD, Secret Service planning for what will happen if one is handed down
- The New York grand jury investigating Donald Trump's "hush money" payment to Stormy Daniels did not hand down an indictment Monday, but one is expected soon, three sources tell Politico . The grand jury next convenes Wednesday. In anticipation of the expected indictment, officials from the NYPD, the Secret...
At 11th Hour,
NYC Grand Jury to
Hear From Trump Ally
Mar 20, 2023 6:26 AM CDT
At 11th Hour, NYC Grand Jury to Hear From Trump Ally
Robert Costello appearing Monday in 'hush money' case
- The New York grand jury that's considering the "hush money" case involving former President Trump will hear from one of Trump's allies Monday. Robert Costello, a formal legal adviser to longtime Trump Organization lawyer and "fixer" Michael Cohen who has also represented Rudy Giuliani and Steve...
Stormy Daniels, Michael Cohen
Appear in Trump Investigation
Mar 15, 2023 7:30 PM CDT
Stormy Daniels, Michael Cohen Appear in Trump Investigation
New York prosecutors are weighing charges involving $130K payment
- Stormy Daniels met Wednesday with New York prosecutors investigating former President Donald Trump's possible role in the payment of $130,000 to the porn actress to stay quiet about their affair. Her lawyer said the meeting was at the request of the Manhattan district attorney’s office, Politico reports;...
Trump to Decline
Grand Jury's Invitation
Mar 13, 2023 5:44 PM CDT
Trump to Decline Grand Jury's Invitation
Michael Cohen testifies for three hours in Manhattan
- Former President Donald Trump will not be making an appearance before the grand jury in Manhattan considering whether to bring an indictment involving payments to porn star Stormy Daniels, a lawyer said Monday. Trump reached the decision after meeting with his legal team over the weekend, Joe Tacopina told NBC...
He Served His Time. Now,
Testimony to a Grand Jury
Mar 11, 2023 5:30 AM CST
He Served His Time. Now, Testimony to a Grand Jury
Michael Cohen will appear Monday in Manhattan in hush money Trump case
- Donald Trump's former lawyer and fixer Michael Cohen is scheduled to testify Monday before a Manhattan grand jury investigating hush money payments made on the former president's behalf, two people familiar with the matter tell the AP . Cohen is a key witness in Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg'...
Trump Kicks Off
Double Legal Win
Nov 13, 2021 8:30 AM CST
Trump Kicks Off Weekend With Double Legal Win
Former 'Apprentice' contender drops defamation suit, judge dismisses Michael Cohen complaint
- It was a good day on the legal front Friday for Donald Trump, who saw one lawsuit against him dropped and another one dismissed. CNN reports that Summer Zervos, a former contestant on
who'd filed a defamation complaint in 2017 against Trump after he denied her sexual...
Sues US for $20M
Jul 3, 2021 2:10 PM CDT
Michael Cohen Claims Retaliation, Sues US for $20M
Former lawyer for ex-president says Trump officials improperly sent him back to prison
- Michael Cohen was allowed to leave prison in May 2020 so he could serve the rest of his sentence at home. But while the terms were being worked out, he was sent back to prison, reportedly after refusing to agree to the furlough's conditions. The real reasons, he says,...
Stormy Daniels: Trump Was
'Worst 90 Seconds of My Life'
Feb 8, 2021 6:44 AM CST
Stormy Daniels: Trump Was 'Worst 90 Seconds of My Life'
Michael Cohen interviews ex-president's alleged ex-mistress on his podcast
- When he was Donald Trump’s attorney, Michael Cohen was hellbent on silencing Stormy Daniels , even arranging a hush-money payment to the adult film star that landed him in federal prison . Now, Cohen is literally broadcasting Daniels' story—he interviews her in the latest episode of his podcast,
Michael Cohen Apparently
Made Interesting Pals in Jail
Dec 29, 2020 11:47 AM CST
Michael Cohen Apparently Made Interesting Pals in Jail
He speaks of Tony Meatballs and Big Minty in interview
- Former "fixer" Michael Cohen went on MSNBC Monday night and had serious things to say about President Trump's recent spate of pardons . But people appear to be more interested in Cohen's passing comment about two of his former fellow inmates—"Tony Meatballs" and "Big Minty....
Cohen: Trump Will Just Stay
in Mar-a-Lago After Christmas
Nov 11, 2020 6:30 PM CST
Cohen: Trump Will Just Stay in Mar-a-Lago After Christmas
He says there's no way president could bring himself to attend Biden inauguration
- President Trump's Christmas vacation could be a long one, according to his former lawyer. Michael Cohen predicts that the president will go to his Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida for the holidays and not return to the White House afterward, the
reports. "After Christmas, he usually comes back...
Cohen: Falwell Endorsed Trump
After Topless Photo 'Favor'
Sep 9, 2020 6:44 AM CDT
Cohen: Falwell Endorsed Trump After Topless Photo 'Favor'
Falwell says there was 'no quid pro quo'
- Michael Cohen did indeed suppress racy photos of Jerry Falwell Jr.'s wife before getting the evangelical leader to endorse President Trump in 2016, according to Cohen's new book, out Wednesday. In
Disloyal: The Memoir
, Trump's former fixer says he helped "kill" the photos of a...
Cohen: Trump Hates
Obama Because He's Black
Sep 8, 2020 3:12 PM CDT
Cohen: Trump Hates Obama Because He's Black
ANC responds to alleged Mandela insult
- Michael Cohen is no longer President Trump's lawyer, but he has some advice for his former client: Cohen, speaking ahead of the Tuesday release of tell-all memoir
, told NBC that he would tell the president to "resign now, let Mike Pence pardon you from any and all...
Michael Cohen's Tell-All
Makes Damning Claims
Sep 6, 2020 5:33 AM CDT
Michael Cohen's Tell-All Makes Damning Claims
He writes that Trump made 'overt and covert' efforts to get Russia's help in 2016 election
- Michael Cohen's tell-all memoir about President Trump is out Tuesday, but some media outlets have obtained advance copies. Among other things, he calls the president, his former legal client, “a cheat, a liar, a fraud, a bully, a racist, a predator, a con man.” Some highlights from...
Cohen's Tell-All Foreword
Is Out, and It's Provocative
Aug 14, 2020 1:31 AM CDT
Cohen's Tell-All Foreword Is Out, and It's Provocative
There's a reference to 'golden showers' in it
- The foreword to Michael Cohen's Trump tell-all is out, and it's a doozy. "Trump has no true friends," Cohen writes in the opening to the book due out Sept. 8. (Read the foreword in full here ; a White House rep calls it "fan fiction" the...
Jul 24, 2020 2:45 PM CDT
Michael Cohen Heads Home
Bureau of Prisons argues with judge's ruling
- Michael Cohen is out of prison again. President Trump's former personal lawyer was released Friday, a day after a judge ruled that he had been sent back to prison from home confinement as retaliation for his plan to release a book critical of Trump. The AP reports that Cohen...
Judge Frees Michael Cohen,
Says He Was Treated Unfairly
Jul 23, 2020 11:22 AM CDT
Judge Frees Michael Cohen, Says He Was Treated Unfairly
Trump's former attorney must be released by Friday afternoon
- Michael Cohen is getting out of prison early—again. A federal judge ordered President Trump's former attorney released by 2pm Friday and accused the government of retaliating against him, reports CNBC . Cohen had been furloughed in May over concerns about the coronavirus and ordered to serve out his sentence...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
26-Year-Old Tech CEO Found Dead in Baltimore
3 Boys 'Paid the Ultimate Price' for Mom's Addiction
Judge Rules Trump Committed Fraud
We Have a Date for Mass Extinction of Mammals
Strange Case of Mom Accused in Husband's Death Gets Stranger
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.