Pam Gets the Last Laugh on Jim With Stanley Cup - Page 2
'Office' stars John Krasinski, Jenna Fischer troll each other over hockey rivalry
Posted Jun 13, 2019 9:45 AM CDT
- Krasinski kicked things up a notch—HuffPost calls it the "killing blow"—during last night's game, showing a video of himself at the TD Garden arena with none other than David Denham, who played Roy, the rejected fiance of Pam Beesly, Fischer's character on the show. "Jenna Fischer ... I just wanted to say, I'm really sorry you're not here," Krasinski says in the clip, before making way for Denham to sit down and offer a dejected "Hey" toward the camera, followed by Krasinski offering his best Jim Halpert smirk.
- Fischer's response: "Ha. Ha. Ha. Well played. Just be careful he doesn't leave you at the game"—a reference to an Office episode in which Pam tells a story of Roy leaving her behind at a minor league hockey game, per USA Today.
- It was the St. Louis Blues that ended up winning, however, and Fischer celebrated on Instagram with a post showing her decorating a cake with the word "Gloria" while blasting Laura Branigan's song of the same name. "John Krasinski, I got my Gloria cake, and I'm gonna eat it, too!" she yells into the camera.
- For those not familiar with the Gloria cake reference, Thrillist explains that last year, the Blues started playing "Gloria" after winning home games. The reason why is a funny one, involving a rowdy bar patron the team encountered while on the road last year during a less-than-successful season.
- If you're wondering where Michael Scott weighed in on all of this, Yahoo Sports notes that Steve Carell was apparently #TeamJim—he put up a pregame tweet showing himself wearing a Bruins cap—though he did offer Fischer his congrats in a post-game tweet.
- And, of course, there were some Stanley jokes.
(Read more Stanley Cup
My Take on This Story
Show results |