President Trump responded to Robert Mueller's congressional testimony shortly after it wrapped up on Wednesday, CNN reports. One hot topic: Mueller saying he agreed that most of the president's written answers to the probe were untrue. "I don't know whose answers weren't—I guess his (Mueller's) answers weren't, because if you look, the whole report, you take a look at what they did," Trump said. "Some of the things that didn't even know about, some of the things he didn't even know what was going on. But you know, in the end what he did, he actually probably came through for himself." For more Trump responses:
- "The performance was obviously not very good. He had a lot of problems, but what he showed more than anything else is that this whole thing has been three years of embarrassment and waste of time for our country."
- "The Democrats had nothing and now they have less than nothing and I think they're going to lose the 2020 election very big, including congressional seats, because of the path they chose."
- Trump said he "did the right thing" in not sitting down with the former special counsel's team, adding: "I saw what he did to people, how he ruined people's lives because they didn't remember a date or something very minor." (CNN says Trump "falsely diminished the lies that witnesses who were charged with lying told to investigators.")
- On Mueller's remark that Russian interference into the 2016 election was "not a hoax": "Absolutely, it was not a hoax. The indictments we returned against the Russians, two different ones, were substantial in their scope using the scope word again."
- On Mueller not exonerating Trump of wrongdoing: "He didn't have the right to exonerate," Trump said, per NBC News. "That was something where he totally folded, because he never had the right to exonerate."
(See Mueller's top lines here
, or a roundup of 10 takes on his testimony