Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
A Tucker Carlson Trailer
Angers Geraldo Rivera
Oct 29, 2021 8:38 AM CDT
A Tucker Carlson Trailer Angers Geraldo Rivera
Trailer for upcoming Fox series raises 'false flag' theory about Jan. 6 riot
- Trailers are meant to generate attention, and Tucker Carlson has clearly succeeded on that front. But the newly released teaser for Carlson's upcoming series for the Fox Nation streaming service also is taking flak from Fox colleague Geraldo Rivera as well as some Republican lawmakers, reports the Hill . The...
Geraldo Rivera Says He's
'Pondering' a Big Move
Mar 10, 2021 6:22 PM CST
Geraldo Rivera Says He's 'Pondering' a Big Move
The TV correspondent says he may enter politics
- Is Sen. Rivera in the cards? Fox News correspondent Geraldo Rivera says that he may run for the Ohio Senate seat occupied by Republican Sen. Rob Portman, who has said he doesn’t plan to run for reelection in 2022, the Hill reports. Rivera, who has lived in Ohio since...
Geraldo Rivera Has Some
Harsh Words for Trump
Dec 27, 2020 2:09 PM CST
Geraldo Rivera Has Some Harsh Words for Trump
Longtime ally says he's acting like an 'entitled frat boy'
- Geraldo Rivera of Fox News has been respectfully urging President Trump to give up his election challenges for a few weeks now. The "respectfully" part appears to be over. In a tweet , the longtime presidential ally said Trump "has behaved like an entitled frat boy" since the election,...
Trump Says He Could
Support a Gay President
Feb 14, 2020 7:04 AM CST
Trump Says He Could Support a Gay President
'I think there would be some that wouldn't'
- President Trump isn't above mocking Pete Buttigieg's name or appearance—but he doesn't have a problem with his sexuality. In an interview with Geraldo Rivera Thursday, Trump said he could support a gay president, though some Americans might not. "I think so," Trump told the...
Fox Doesn't Sound Thrilled on
Idea of Megyn Kelly Returning
Oct 26, 2018 12:59 PM CDT
Fox Doesn't Sound Thrilled on Idea of Megyn Kelly Returning
Host won't return to NBC show, and Fox is 'extremely happy' with its own lineup
- NBC aired a rerun in the slot for
Megyn Kelly Today
for the second straight morning on Friday, and the writing on the wall became official in the afternoon: She won't return to her show, period, with the controversy over her blackface comments seen as the final straw. "...
Fox's Mollie Tibbetts Coverage
Has a Surprising Critic
Aug 24, 2018 10:00 AM CDT
Fox's Mollie Tibbetts Coverage Has a Surprising Critic
Network's own Geraldo Rivera criticizes immigration 'spin'
- The Mollie Tibbetts murder continues to emerge as a flashpoint in the immigration debate, even if some members of the Iowa student's family aren't happy about it, reports NBC News . The reason? US immigration officials say 24-year-old suspect Cristhian Bahena Rivera was in the country illegally, though his...
Bette Midler Accuses
Geraldo Rivera of Groping
Dec 1, 2017 1:21 AM CST
Bette Midler Accuses Geraldo Rivera of Groping
She renews allegation, calls for apology
- Bette Midler renewed an allegation of 1970s sexual misconduct against Geraldo Rivera on Thursday, a day after Rivera called the news business "flirty" amid Matt Lauer's dismissal by NBC , the AP reports. In a tweet posted by the actress-singer and confirmed by her publicist, she included a video...
Ailes: 'I Am
Sep 9, 2016 10:30 AM CDT
Geraldo on Ailes: 'I Am Filled With Regret'
Says sorry for doubting accusers, says Ailes is 'deceitful, selfish misogynist' if charges are true
- Gretchen Carlson has settled with Fox over her sexual harassment suit against ex-boss Roger Ailes, and Geraldo Rivera has come to terms that perhaps there was something behind her complaint. Per
, Rivera apologized late Thursday on Facebook for publicly expressing doubts about Carlson's claims and those of other...
5 Celebrity Police Officers
Aug 7, 2016 2:03 PM CDT
5 Celebrity Police Officers
A lot of actors have played cops on TV, but these celebs really are the law in real life
star Erik Estrada recently became a reserve police officer in the tiny town of St. Anthony, Idaho, reports the
Idaho State Journal
. But the actor, who famously played a motorcycle cop on the '80s TV show, is hardly the first celebrity to add "real life cop"...
Sep 7, 2014 11:00 AM CDT
Joan Rivers Gets Her Star-Studded Sendoff
Howard Stern pays tribute to 'crazy aunt at Bar Mitzvah'
- No word on whether Meryl Streep is crying in five different accents , but Joan Rivers' funeral is under way at Temple Emanu-El in New York, and the private event is basically one rather large name-drop. Luminaries including Howard Stern, Sarah Jessica Parker, Kathy Griffin, Whoopi Goldberg, Barbara Walters, Kelly Osbourne,...
11 Celebs Who
Bare All* on
May 19, 2014 2:45 PM CDT
11 Celebs Who Bare All* on Social Media
*or, at least, almost all
- Lindsay Lohan posted a topless photo to Instagram over the weekend, baring the PG-13 portion of her breasts alongside a male friend at the Cannes Film Festival. It wasn't her first time posting topless photos online—and she's not alone. These 10 other celebrities have also shown some...
Loses Gig Over
Sep 2, 2013 4:24 PM CDT
Geraldo Rivera Loses Gig Over Nude Selfie
Booted from panel at Duquesne University
- Geraldo Rivera's semi-naked selfie is still making waves. The Fox News commentator has been booted from a speaking engagement at Pittsburgh's Duquesne University, which decided the photo "was inappropriate and inconsistent with who we are as a Catholic university," the
reports. Rivera had originally...
'70 Is New 50'
Jul 21, 2013 12:16 PM CDT
Geraldo Selfie: '70 Is New 50'
No, he wasn't hacked; this was intentional
- Rue the day the oldsters connected with the Twitters: Geraldo Rivera, apparently having decided that what's good for the Anthony Weiner is good for the aging media personality, took to his Twitter account last night to post a half-naked selfie, proclaiming, "70 is the new 50 (Erica and...
Won't Run for
Feb 14, 2013 2:32 PM CST
Lautenberg, 89, Won't Run for Re-Election in Senate
Democrat's decision paves way for Cory Booker
- Liberal stalwart Sen. Frank Lautenberg says he won't run for re-election to his New Jersey seat in 2014, reports the
. The 89-year-old ended the speculation weeks after Newark Mayor Cory Booker made it clear he'd like to run if Lautenberg stepped down. Who knows, maybe this sets...
Geraldo: I Might Run for Senate
Jan 31, 2013 5:35 PM CST
Geraldo: I Might Run for Senate
Rivera says he's 'truly' considering a run in New Jersey
- None other than Geraldo Rivera says he's considering a run for US Senate in New Jersey. "Buckle your seat belts!" said Rivera as he announced on his radio show on WABC-AM in New York that he is "truly contemplating" a Senate bid. He said he has...
Geraldo: I Was 'Raped'
by TSA Agent
May 14, 2012 12:33 AM CDT
Geraldo: I Was 'Raped' by TSA Agent
'My junk was junked' on way to Afghanistan, he says
- Geraldo Rivera says he was "manually raped" by a New York airport security guard on his way to cover a story in Afghanistan. "The last time I flew to Afghanistan, I got manually raped by a guy," he said on
Fox and Friends
. "The scanner wasn'...
Mar 25, 2012 1:50 PM CDT
Guess Who Wears Hoodies? Geraldo Rivera
Yep, the man who warned against the fashion choice has chosen it
- Geraldo Rivera has been catching more than a little flak for saying that he would "bet money" George Zimmerman wouldn't have shot Trayvon Martin if Martin hadn't been wearing a hoodie. Among the more amusing reactions:
A Tumblr has emerged, charting a very suspicious person in a
Mar 23, 2012 10:41 AM CDT
Geraldo: Blame Hoodie for Trayvon's Death
Rivera says 'black and Latino youngsters' should not wear hoodies
- Geraldo Rivera knows what to blame for Trayvon Martin 's death: the teen's choice of clothing. The Fox News host said today on
Fox & Friends
that he would "bet money" George Zimmerman wouldn't have shot Martin if Martin hadn't been wearing a hoodie, Politico...
Cain Rep Over
Oct 31, 2011 8:32 AM CDT
Geraldo Grills Cain Rep Over Sex Harassment Claims
But spokesman JD Gordon won't give a straight answer
- Geraldo Rivera and his enormous mustache gave Herman Cain’s spokesperson the third degree last night, but after hammering him for nearly six minutes, still could not get a substantive denial of the recent sexual harassment claims against the candidate. JD Gordon called the claims “thinly sourced” and a...
Wall St. Protesters
Harass Geraldo Rivera
Oct 11, 2011 1:13 AM CDT
Wall St. Protesters Harass Geraldo Rivera
But they didn't chase him off, Fox insists
- Fox News host Geraldo Rivera found the crowd pretty hostile to his network when he attempted to report on the Occupy Wall Street movement from New York City's Zucotti Park. Hecklers chanted "Fox News lies" as Rivera conducted interviews and: "Na Na Na Na, Hey Hey Hey,...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Cruise Cancels at Sea, Stranding Passengers
Transportation CEO Steps In Front of Train to His Death
University President Fired For 'Inappropriate Relationship'
Bob Saget Widow Breaks Silence After Star's Death
Trump Mocks Biden in Speech at Arizona Rally
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.