Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
She Drops Phone in Outhouse.
Things Get Much Worse
Apr 23, 2022 9:34 AM CDT
She Drops Phone in Outhouse. Things Get Much Worse
Woman gets stuck in toilet trying to retrieve it in Olympic National Forest
- A woman who accidentally dropped her cellphone into the hole of an outhouse in a national forest and fell in while trying to retrieve it had to be rescued by firefighters in Washington state, per the AP . Brinnon Fire Department Chief Tim Manly said the woman, who was at the...
19-Year Fight Over Loud
Toilet Is Finally Over
in case you missed it
Jan 23, 2022 1:55 PM CST
19-Year Fight Over Loud Toilet Is Finally Over
Couple wins lawsuit over owners of neighboring apartment
- Back in 2003, somebody flushed a toilet in the middle of the night in Italy and the couple in the neighboring apartment thought, boy that was loud. Nineteen years later, that couple near La Spezia has finally won their legal case against the neighbors for too-loud flushing at night, reports...
Crew Returning in
Nov 3, 2021 10:30 AM CDT
Crew Returning in SpaceX Capsule Must Wear Pee Pads
Toilet issue can't be fixed in Crew Dragon Endeavour capsule docked at the ISS
When four astronauts head home from the International Space Station this month, they'll have to relieve themselves on their person. CNN reports the crew reached the ISS in April, and the SpaceX Crew Dragon Endeavour capsule that has since been waiting to take them home is experiencing the...
He Sat on the
Toilet at Dawn.
Suddenly, a 'Nip'
in case you missed it
Jul 11, 2021 9:15 AM CDT
He Sat on the Toilet at Dawn. Suddenly, a 'Nip'
Python escapes from Austria apartment, ends up in neighbor's bathroom
- An elderly Austrian man had an unpleasant surprise waiting for him while answering nature's call early Monday: a python, in his toilet. The man, identified by the BBC as 65-year-old Walter Erhart, tells the broadcaster that he "went to the toilet as usual" in his Graz apartment around...
Jared, Ivanka Reportedly Have
No-Toilet Rule for Agents
Jan 14, 2021 4:18 PM CST
Jared, Ivanka Reportedly Have No-Toilet Rule for Agents
Washington Post: Secret Service has spent $100K so far renting a nearby studio with bathroom
is out with might be the buzziest story of the day—about toilets. The story alleges that Jared Kushner and Ivanka Trump refuse to let Secret Service agents guarding them use any of the 6.5 bathrooms inside their expansive home. As a result, the federal government...
Official: Lawn Toilet
Display Is a Crime
Sep 19, 2020 2:00 PM CDT
Official: Lawn Toilet Display Is a Crime
A Michigan resident suggested voters put mail-in ballots inside a toilet
- A Michigan resident's apparent joke showing disdain for voting by mail is no laughing matter for one election official, the AP reports. The resident put a toilet on their lawn with a sign that says, "Place mail in ballots here." Barb Byrum, the Democratic clerk of Ingham...
What Happened Here
Led to Murder Charges
May 17, 2020 12:40 PM CDT
What Happened Here Led to Murder Charges
Makuya Stephanie Kambamba, 28, is accused of killing her newborn child
- In a sad story out of Missouri, authorities are accusing a woman of letting her newborn baby die in the toilet where she gave birth. KTVO reports that Makuya Stephanie Kambamba, 28, of Kirksville, is facing murder-one and -two charges in the death earlier this month. Court documents say she...
Plane's Toilet Seat,
Mar 18, 2020 7:47 AM CDT
Virus 'Challenge' Includes Licking Plane's Toilet Seat, Boomer Rant
Ava Louise admits she's looking for a record deal, reality show on her 'messy life'
- In times of a viral outbreak , why not make a viral video? That was the thought process of TikTok user Ava Louise, who once appeared on Dr. Phil's show as a rebellious teen and confessed, "I want to have purpose and meaning." The self-proclaimed Instagram influencer tried...
Company Invents Toilet
You Won't Want to
Sit on for Long
Dec 21, 2019 3:20 PM CST
Company Invents Toilet You Won't Want to Sit on for Long
StandardToilet wants employees to be more productive
- Your office bathroom break might get a little shorter if the boss buys one of these,
reports. Designed by the UK startup StandardToilet, the eponymous product tilts down at 13 degrees—just enough to get uncomfortable after about 5 minutes on the throne. Company founder Mahabir Gill claims it...
Thieves Make Off
With $1.25M Toilet
Sep 14, 2019 1:24 PM CDT
Thieves Make Off With $1.25M Toilet
It was the work of Italian artist Maurizio Cattelan
- A unique solid gold toilet that was part of an art exhibit was stolen early Saturday from the magnificent home in England where British wartime leader Winston Churchill was born. The toilet, valued at roughly $1.25 million, was the work of Italian artist Maurizio Cattelan. It had been installed...
Congressman's Drink of Water
Becomes a Flashpoint
Sep 5, 2019 11:05 AM CDT
Congressman's Drink of Water Becomes a Flashpoint
Steve King says claims of immigrants drinking out of toilets are overblown, but AOC fires back
- Seldom has a drink of water caused such a political controversy. But Congressman Steve King's gulp at an immigration detention facility has reignited a debate about conditions on the US-Mexico border and drawn Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez into the fray. The details about what's going on:
The start of it:
Lightning Lit Up the Skies.
Then Her Toilet Blew Up
Aug 6, 2019 12:25 PM CDT
Lightning Lit Up the Skies. Then Her Toilet Blew Up
Marylou Ward's toilet exploded after lightning hit septic tank
- Some people stay out of the shower during a lightning storm; Marylou Ward may be staying off the toilet during one from here on in. That's because, per FOX 13 , the Port Charlotte, Fla., resident is still cleaning up the wreckage in her bathroom and on other parts of...
City Workers Hurt in 'Absolute
Embarrassment' of a Prank
Jul 11, 2019 8:03 AM CDT
City Workers Hurt in 'Absolute Embarrassment' of a Prank
2 Detroit municipal employees injured after someone put firecrackers under toilet seats
- "Two things that don't mix—firecrackers and toilets." That's an understatement from FOX 2 after an apparent prank gone awry in Detroit resulted in injuries to two municipal employees. The
reports the General Services Department workers were hurt Wednesday after they used toilets in...
Serial Toilet Clogger
Sentenced to 150 Days
Jul 2, 2019 8:48 AM CDT
Serial Toilet Clogger Sentenced to 150 Days
Patrick Beeman, 26, said he got 'very strong urges'
- The "curious commode caper" of Sheboygan, Wis., has been solved. In March 2018, police there announced that over an 18-month period, someone had occasionally been clogging the women's toilet at the Deland Community Center with a 20-ounce soda bottle. On Monday, Patrick Beeman was sentenced to 150 days...
We All Want to Photograph
This. It's Costing a City $278K
Jun 11, 2019 3:47 PM CDT
We All Want to Photograph This. It's Costing a City $278K
People need somewhere to pee in Perth
- "Instagram-worthy, that is all." Such is one traveler's review of the Crawley Edge Boatshed on TripAdvisor. The Perth, Australia, attraction—if it can be called that—is a house colored an Instagram-perfect shade of blue sitting on the Swan River. CNN reports it's the "most...
He Opened the Toilet Lid,
Snake 'Rose Up and Bit Him'
May 29, 2019 2:21 PM CDT
He Opened the Toilet Lid, Snake 'Rose Up and Bit Him'
Fortunately, the ball python was nonvenomous
- Like something out of a horror movie, a 4-foot-long snake slithered out of a toilet in Coral Springs, Florida, and bit a man on the arm Sunday. Fortunately, the ball python is a nonvenomous snake, and the 52-year-old man was able to be treated at his apartment. He had just...
She Was Taking
Care of Business.
a 'Sharp Tap'
in case you missed it
Jan 27, 2019 12:28 PM CST
She Was Taking Care of Business. Then, 'Midstream,' a 'Sharp Tap'
Aussie woman bitten by carpet python while on the toilet
- Australia has been mired in quite a heat wave , and the snakes are taking to the toilets to cool off. Newshub reports that a Brisbane woman found that out, um, "midstream" after a carpet python hiding in her porcelain throne apparently freaked out when she went to take care...
South Korea Moves to Combat
Secret Spy Cam Pornography
Sep 3, 2018 4:30 PM CDT
South Korea Moves to Combat Secret Spy Cam Pornography
Seoul officials have vowed to conduct daily checks of public restrooms
- A plague of hidden cameras has led officials in South Korea to pledge that daily checks will be carried out in all public restrooms in Seoul. Per the BBC , the "spy cam porn" problem is widespread and common in the country, where over 6,000 cases were reported last...
96-Year-Old Looking for Heir
for His Toilet Seat Museum
May 23, 2018 10:20 AM CDT
96-Year-Old Looking for Heir for His Toilet Seat Museum
Barney Smith has 1,350 decorated toilet seats on display, but it's time for him to pack it in
- FOR SALE: One tiny kingdom, with many thrones. But it doesn't come with a title. That belongs to Barney Smith—the undisputed "King of the Commode," reports the AP . "There's a lot of me in there," he says, in front of the garage he'...
The Weapon: a Soda Bottle.
The Victim: This Town's Toilet
Mar 22, 2018 8:20 AM CDT
The Weapon: a Soda Bottle. The Victim: This Town's Toilet
Sheboygan suspect has been shoving bottles into community commodes for a year and a half now
- "This is very strange … and gross, but that is the reality of life." So laments a Facebook post Tuesday from the Sheboygan Police Department in Wisconsin, filling the public in on what the
has deemed a "curious commode caper." The crime: "Over...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Sexual Link Investigated in Monkeypox Outbreak
Zelensky Suggests New Talks, on One Condition
Trump Jr. Killed a Bear, and His Guide May Go to Prison
Jif Recalls Peanut Butter
In These 10 Cities, Open Up Your Wallet to Buy a Home
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.