Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Daredevil Dad Dies Trying
to Break World Record
Jun 18, 2021 8:16 AM CDT
Daredevil Dad Dies Trying to Break World Record
Motorcyclist Alex Harvill had just welcomed his second son
- A daredevil practicing for a world record motorcycle jump died Thursday after he landed short and crashed. Alex Harvill, 28, had been trying to jump 352 feet, about the length of a football field, at the Moses Lake Airshow at Grant County International Airport in Washington state to break a...
NTSB Fixes Blame in Crash
That Killed 7 Motorcyclists
Dec 1, 2020 4:49 PM CST
NTSB Fixes Blame in Crash That Killed 7 Motorcyclists
Pickup driver's drug use was the probable cause, report says
- A pickup driver's drug use was the reason he crashed last year into an oncoming group of motorcyclists in New Hampshire, leading to the deaths of seven bikers , the National Transportation Safety Board found Tuesday. The board unanimously approved a report that determined that Volodymyr Zhukovskyy's impairment from...
Nov 21, 2020 12:20 PM CST
Motorbike Crash Turns Into Much, Much More
Man in Kansas City suffers three accidents at once
- There's crashing your motorbike, and then there's this. Police say a man racing his bike in Kansas City on Thursday managed to crash, shoot himself, and get hit by another vehicle at roughly the same time, KCTV5 reports. According to police, "a weapon in his waistband discharged"...
'Alive by the
Grace of God':
Gets in Nasty
May 24, 2020 4:15 PM CDT
'Alive by the Grace of God': Allen West Gets in Nasty Accident
The former US representative was driving back from a Texas Freedom Rally in Austin
- Former Rep. Allen West of Florida was recovering Sunday after suffering a concussion, several fractured bones and cuts in a motorcycle crash in Texas, according to a post on his Facebook page. The post said West was driving back from a rally in Austin focused on reopening the state amid...
Lawyer: Motorcyclist at Fault
in Crash That Killed 7 Bikers
Mar 31, 2020 6:28 PM CDT
Lawyer: Motorcyclist at Fault in Crash That Killed 7 Bikers
Truck driver was charged in June New Hampshire crash
- One of the motorcyclists in a crash that killed him and six fellow bikers on a north woods New Hampshire highway was drunk and actually was the one who hit a pickup and caused the accident, the lawyer for the truck driver charged with homicide said in a document made...
Husband Goes After
Wife's Killer—and Finds This
Feb 9, 2020 5:00 PM CST
Husband Goes After Wife's Killer—and Finds This
Rod Richardson's wife Brenda died in a hit-and-run in Southern California
- A California man whose wife was killed in a hit-and-run may have tracked down the killer all by himself, NBC Los Angeles reports. Rod Richardson's wife Brenda, 48, died Thursday in Corona after a white Lexus hit her motorcycle the day before. For Rod and their children, the grief...
30 Bikers Line Up at
Girl's Lemonade Stand
Sep 20, 2019 10:15 AM CDT
30 Bikers Line Up at Girl's Lemonade Stand
The Milwaukee Iron motorcycle group wanted to say thank you
- Bikers, pull over for lemonade? Thirty of them did last weekend as a thank you to someone who cared, ABC News reports. "I had no idea how many there would be and they were so generous," said Daryn Sturch after the Milwaukee Iron motorcycle group arrived Sunday at...
Motorcycle Crash Claims
Life of Football 'Legend'
Aug 18, 2019 4:00 PM CDT
Motorcycle Crash Claims Life of Football 'Legend'
Cedric Benson and a woman were pronounced dead at the scene
- A former NFL running back and Texas Longhorn "legend" lost his life in a Saturday night motorcycle crash, CNN reports. Cedric Benson was only 36. He had posted an image of his BMW motorcycle on Instagram just hours before the west Austin accident, adding heart emojis and the words,...
He Reached for a Drink.
A Moment Later,
7 Bikers Were Killed
Aug 1, 2019 5:29 PM CDT
He Reached for a Drink. A Moment Later, 7 Bikers Were Killed
Volodymyr Zhukovskyy faces negligent homicide charges
- The driver of a pickup truck that crossed the center line and hit a group of motorcyclists in New Hampshire, killing seven people, was high at the time, a federal inspection report says. Volodymyr Zhukovskyy, 23, told authorities he was reaching for a drink when the collision occurred on June...
He Was Trying
for His 5th Race
Win. Then, a
Jul 1, 2019 10:50 AM CDT
He Was Trying for His 5th Race Win. Then, a Fatal Hump
Carlin Dunne died Sunday 20 yards from the finish of the Pikes Peak Hill Climb
- Carlin Dunne had won the Broadmoor Pikes Peak International Hill Climb in Colorado four times, and in the words of the
Colorado Springs Gazette
, he was "only a few yards from likely wrapping up his fifth victory" at the historic race when tragedy struck. He was on the course'...
Truck Driver in Biker
Crash Could Get Deported
Jun 26, 2019 9:45 AM CDT
Truck Driver in Biker Crash Could Get Deported
Mass. license for Volodymyr Zhukovskyy ought to have been suspended after drunk driving arrest
- The 23-year-old truck driver charged with killing seven bikers in a horrific crash in New Hampshire shouldn't have been on the road. Ukrainian national and permanent resident Volodymyr Zhukovskyy, who police say plowed into the bikers with his Dodge 2500 pickup towing a flatbed trailer, was arrested for drunken...
Truck Driver in
Horrific New Hampshire
Jun 24, 2019 3:23 PM CDT
Truck Driver in Horrific New Hampshire Crash Arrested
Collision left 7 bikers dead
- The truck driver in the horrific New Hampshire crash that left seven motorcycle drivers and passengers dead was arrested Monday, Boston.com reports. Volodymyr Zhukovskyy, 23, was driving the Dodge 2500 pickup that collided with a group of bikers Friday night in Randolph. The incident also left three people injured....
NH Bikers Were on Their Way
to an American Legion Event
Jun 24, 2019 5:33 AM CDT
NH Bikers Were on Their Way to an American Legion Event
NH flags are half-staff for crash victims
- New Hampshire Gov. Chris Sununu has ordered flags on public buildings in the state to be flown at half-staff from sunrise to sunset Monday to honor victims of Friday's horrific truck-motorcycle crash . The seven motorcycle riders and passengers killed in the crash—five men and two women—were all...
Hundreds of Bikers Grieve
'Devastating' Fatal Crash
Jun 23, 2019 3:05 PM CDT
Hundreds of Bikers Grieve 'Devastating' Fatal Crash
7 were killed in horrifying accident on Friday
- A long-planned Blessing of the Bikes ceremony for motorcycle enthusiasts became a grief-filled memorial Sunday as hundreds converged to mourn seven bikers killed in a devastating crash with a pickup truck, the AP reports. About 400 motorcyclists gathered in Columbia, New Hampshire, for the ceremony—which is periodically held, but...
Crash Kills 7
Jun 22, 2019 9:00 AM CDT
'Staggering' Truck-Motorcycle Crash Kills 7
New Hampshire accident involving pickup, several motorcycles also injures 3
- Several motorcycles and a pickup truck collided on a rural, two-lane highway in New Hampshire Friday, killing seven people and injuring three others, and sending onlookers rushing to treat and help the motorists peppered along the road. New Hampshire State Police said a 2016 Dodge Ram 2500 pickup truck collided...
Motorcyclist on Highway
Jun 10, 2019 11:30 AM CDT
Lightning Strikes Motorcyclist on Highway
45-year-old man did not survive subsequent crash in Florida
- A 45-year-old motorcyclist is dead after his helmet was struck by lightning as he rode in Florida Sunday afternoon, causing a crash that the man did not survive, WFTV reports. The man, who was from Charlotte, North Carolina, was on I-95 south in east-central Florida at the time, ABC News...
Killed in Accident
Arriving in Peru
May 28, 2019 3:04 AM CDT
Florida Teens Killed in Accident Hours After Arriving in Peru
They were visiting country to celebrate graduation
- A high school in Bradenton, Florida, is mourning two students who were killed in an accident while visiting Peru to celebrate their recent graduation. Albert Ales and Zachary Morris, both 18, were killed just hours after arriving in the country when a bus hit their motorcycle as they were exploring...
Vulture Flies Out of Ditch,
Kills Couple on Motorcycle
Apr 22, 2019 6:47 PM CDT
Vulture Flies Out of Ditch, Kills Couple on Motorcycle
Army veteran, wife leave behind 4 children
- Authorities say a vulture caused a crash that killed an Army veteran and his wife as they rode a motorcycle in southern Kansas, the AP reports. The Kansas Highway Patrol says the bird came out of a ditch Saturday afternoon and struck 42-year-old Brandon Husband, of Fowler, in the head...
Black Cow on a Dark Road Has Deadly Results
Jun 26, 2016 8:33 AM CDT
Black Cow on a Dark Road Has Deadly Results
Kansas motorcyclist dies in freak accident
- A 59-year-old Kansas man was killed when the motorcycle he was driving Friday night collided with a black cow on a blacktopped road, reports KAKE . Kansas Highway Patrol trooper Brant Birney said there were no witnesses when James Zordel hit the cow on a paved rural road about six miles...
Apr 19, 2016 8:39 AM CDT
Motorcyclist Killed After Smashing Into Fridge
NJ cops trying to find who abandoned appliance on side of road
- When winter turns to spring in New Jersey, there's always an uptick in the number of motorcycle crashes, with the two main reasons cited by state cops being "unsafe speed" and "driver inattention," NJ.com notes. Further down the list is "road/environmental factor," which...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Black Couple 'Whitewashed' Home, Saw Appraisal Jump
Generals Lied About Jan. 6, Ex-DC Guard Official Charges
Report Reveals New Details on Family Hiking Tragedy
Syria's Biggest Export May Surprise You
Derby Winner Medina Spirit Dies After Workout
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.