Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Trump's Former Money Guy Pleads Guilty, Heads to Prison
Stories 1 - 20 |
Nanny Hit by
Baby With a Push
Dec 22, 2021 9:45 AM CST
Nanny Hit by Truck Saved Baby With a Push
Arcellie Muschamp of Brooklyn in critical condition after brain surgery
- A nanny shoved a stroller carrying a 1-year-old out of the path of a pickup truck in New York City on Monday before the vehicle slammed into her instead. "The stroller came to a stop on its side against a row of parked cars," feet from 52-year-old mother...
NYC Nanny Trial
but It Was Mind-Twisting
Apr 19, 2018 10:10 AM CDT
NYC Nanny Trial Wasn't Suspenseful, but It Was Mind-Twisting
Rich Juzwiak attended nearly all of it and recounts the experience
- Former New York City nanny Yoselyn Ortega was on Wednesday found guilty of murder in the Oct. 25, 2012, deaths of Lucia and Leo Krim, ages 6 and 2. Rich Juzwiak attended nearly the entirety of the trial, and he writes for Jezebel about its odd nature: "alternately straightforward...
Jury Convicts New York Nanny
of Murdering 2 Children
Apr 18, 2018 3:40 PM CDT
Jury Convicts New York Nanny of Murdering 2 Children
Jury rejected Yoselyn Ortega's insanity plea
- A nanny who argued she was too mentally ill to be held responsible for stabbing two children to death at their home has been convicted, the AP reports. Jurors on Wednesday found that Yoselyn Ortega killed 6-year-old Lucia Krim and 2-year-old Leo Krim in October 2012 and understood the consequences...
Texas Couple Who Terrorized
Nanny Owe Her $121K
Jan 9, 2018 7:32 AM CST
Texas Couple Who Terrorized Nanny Owe Her $121K
Chudy and Sandra Nsobundu were also sentenced to 7 months in jail
- A Houston-area couple who pleaded guilty to federal charges related to forcing a Nigerian woman to work nearly 20 hours daily taking care of their home and five children without pay for two years was ordered Friday to pay her more than $121,000 in restitution. Chudy Nsobundu, 57, and...
Nanny Charged With
Force-Feeding Baby to Death
Oct 26, 2016 6:17 PM CDT
Nanny Charged With Force-Feeding Baby to Death
Baby woke her up from nap, police say
- Oluremi Oyindasola, a 66-year-old live-in nanny, was napping on the couch of a Maryland home when 8-month-old Enita Salubi toddled over to her in a walker, crying, and woke her up. What police say happened next is unimaginable. Oyindasola, they say, was captured on home surveillance video trying to feed...
US as Nanny
Treated Like Slave
Jul 16, 2016 5:10 PM CDT
Woman Brought to US as Nanny Treated Like Slave
Lili Huang charged with labor trafficking, false imprisonment, and assault
- Prosecutors charged a Minnesota woman Friday with beating and starving a woman she brought from China to work as a nanny, the AP reports. Thirty-five-year-old Lili Huang of Woodbury is charged with five felony counts, including labor trafficking, false imprisonment, and assault. According to the
, the 58-year-old victim...
Pentagon Official in Trouble for Stealing License Plates
Jun 2, 2016 2:07 AM CDT
Pentagon Official in Trouble for Stealing License Plates
He left threatening note on nanny's car
- A top Pentagon official known as a "stickler for the rules" almost ended up in prison for harassing a nanny who parked in his upscale Washington, DC, neighborhood, the
reports. Cops say Bryan Whitman stole the nanny's license plates three times in April after leaving a...
Moscow Nanny Accused
of Beheading Child
Feb 29, 2016 1:40 PM CST
Moscow Nanny Accused of Beheading Child
She was arrested while waving the head in public
- A grisly crime out of Moscow: Police on Monday arrested a woman who was seen waving the severed head of a small child outside a subway station, reports AP . She is suspected of killing the child when it was in her care, officials said. Videos posted on Russian news websites...
on US Nanny's
Cause of Death
Jan 28, 2016 1:28 PM CST
Reports Conflict on US Nanny's Cause of Death
The 25-year-old has been identified as Lauren Mann
- Officials have released a name in the case of the American nanny found dead in her Vienna, Austria, apartment on Tuesday night, but beyond that, much remains unclear. ABC News reports Lauren Mann, 25, died by suffocation, though it notes that Vienna police rep Thomas Keiblinger earlier referenced a preliminary...
Girl, 15, Hires CEO to Run
Her Babysitting Company
Mar 2, 2015 8:30 AM CST
Girl, 15, Hires CEO to Run Her Babysitting Company
Noa Mintz founded business as 6th-grader
The Baby-Sitters Club
has nothing on Noa Mintz. The 15-year-old New York City girl started Nannies by Noa in August 2012, and the
New York Post
figures a "conservative estimate" of $375,000 in revenue (without specifying a timeframe). CNN Money notes that as an 8th-grader, Noa was devoting...
to Feed Me
Jul 1, 2014 6:44 PM CDT
Fired Nanny: Family Tried to Feed Me Dog Food
Diane Stretton calls her former employer a 'screaming Mimi'
- Will she move out by Friday or won't she? That remains to be seen, but in the meantime, the country's most infamous nanny is talking. In an interview with KTLA in which she wouldn't show her face, Diane Stretton today says she wasn't the nightmare—the...
Fired Nanny: I'll Move Out
When Weather Is Right
Jul 1, 2014 3:08 AM CDT
Fired Nanny: I'll Move Out When Weather Is Right
Diane Stretton says she won't budge until media back off
- The fired nanny who has been refusing to leave her former employers' home says she is now ready to go—when conditions are just right. Diane Stretton over the weekend emailed Marcella and Ralph Bracamonte's lawyer blaming the weather and the media for her failure to depart their California...
Nanny Goes Tanning,
Leaves Kids in Locked Car
Jun 30, 2014 6:15 AM CDT
Nanny Goes Tanning, Leaves Kids in Locked Car
3-year-old, 1-month-old were found screaming and drenched in sweat
- It's a beautiful 90-degree day in Portland, Ore. Where does a 23-year-old nanny take a 3-year-old and 1-month-old? To a tanning salon, according to court documents, where the young children were left locked in a van until their screams led the cops to be called. According to those documents,...
Nanny Who Wouldn't Leave
Home Is Gone, for Now
Jun 28, 2014 1:01 PM CDT
Nanny Who Wouldn't Leave Home Is Gone, for Now
But all her stuff is still at the residence
- The nanny who wouldn't leave seems to have left, at least temporarily. After a California family's strange plight made national headlines—they hired Diane Stretton as a live-in nanny, fired her after three months when she stopped working, then found that they couldn't legally boot her from...
to Move Out
Jun 27, 2014 12:11 PM CDT
Fired Live-In Nanny Refuses to Move Out
Marcella and Ralph Bracamonte say Diane Stretton stopped doing her job
- When they first hired their live-in nanny back in March, Marcella and Ralph Bracamonte say she "was awesome." For a few weeks. But then they say Diane Stretton started refusing to work, or even leave her room except at meal times—and when they tried to fire her,...
Alleged Killer Nanny
Finally Speaks, Briefly
Jun 13, 2013 7:36 AM CDT
Alleged Killer Nanny Finally Speaks, Briefly
She says she didn't do it, refuses to elaborate
- Yoselyn Ortega says she didn't do it—and that's about all she says. The
New York Daily News
has what it's touting as an "exclusive jailhouse interview" with the nanny accused of stabbing her 2- and 6-year-old charges to death, but here's everything it quotes...
Mother of Victims
Case Is Pregnant
May 17, 2013 3:54 AM CDT
Mother of Victims in Nanny-Stabbing Case Is Pregnant
Couple cites hope for future in Facebook post
- The New York couple whose nanny allegedly murdered two of their children is having another baby, mother and father announced on Facebook . "We are very happy to let you know that Marina is expecting a baby in the fall," Marina and Kevin Krim wrote on a page devoted...
Nanny Pleads Not Guilty
in Slaying of Children
Nov 28, 2012 11:49 AM CST
Nanny Pleads Not Guilty in Slaying of Children
Yoselyn Ortega doesn't speak herself
- The nanny accused of stabbing to death two young children in her care pleaded not guilty today from her hospital room, reports the
New York Post
. Yoselyn Ortega didn't speak at the quick proceeding, during which she lay handcuffed to her bed. She has been hospitalized since the Oct....
Nanny Had 'Epic
Argument' With Mom
Nov 5, 2012 6:29 PM CST
Nanny Had 'Epic Argument' With Mom
And Yoselyn Ortega fumed after the mother ignored her
- New York's alleged child-killing nanny was not only tired of being told what to do , she had an "epic argument" with her employer the day before the children died, according to a law enforcement source. Yoselyn Ortega told detectives "that she was involved in an epic argument...
Sick of Being
'Told What to Do'
Nov 5, 2012 7:20 AM CST
Nanny Was Sick of Being 'Told What to Do'
Yoselyn Ortega says boss 'knows what happened'
- The New York City nanny charged with killing two children in her care was fed up with being bossed around, she reportedly told detectives from her hospital bed. "She had resentment towards the parents," because "they were always telling her what to do," says a police...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Anne Heche's Cause of Death Revealed
Fetterman Camp Strikes Gold With Dr. Oz's Crudite Video
Traveler Receives Interesting 'Meal' After Asking for Vegan
College Students' Road Trip Ends in Deadly Shootout
After Botched 'Big Moment,' CDC Leader to Make Changes
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.