Yoselyn Ortega says she didn't do it—and that's about all she says. The New York Daily News has what it's touting as an "exclusive jailhouse interview" with the nanny accused of stabbing her 2- and 6-year-old charges to death, but here's everything it quotes her as saying:
- "How did you know I was here?" (Here being Rikers; she was previously at Elmhurst Medical Center.)
- "My arm is fine." (It appeared "twisted.")
- Did she know Marina Krim is pregnant? "Yes, I knew about that. She's expecting in October."
- Will the baby bring comfort to the family? "Yes."
- Did she murder the kids? "I didn't do that. Someone else did."
- How does she feel about the charges? "Those are all lies."
- Did she love the kids? "My lawyer told me not to talk. I'm not supposed to say anything."
After that last comment, Ortega apparently ended the interview. (Which, the reporter notes, was so short that Ortega told the guards it shouldn't constitute her one visit per day.) Brief as it was, the chat does represent Ortega's first time speaking to the press since her arrest. (Read more Yoselyn Ortega