Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 21 - 40 |
To Save Teammate, Soccer
Star Battles Men With Knives
Jul 26, 2019 10:04 AM CDT
To Save Teammate, Soccer Star Battles Men With Knives
Arsenal's Sead Kolasinac showed his bravery Thursday
- A pair of masked, knife-wielding aggressors were no match for soccer star Sead Kolasinac, who fought them off Thursday. While the details are still a bit shaky, the 26-year-old Premier League full-back was with Arsenal teammate Mesut Ozil when two masked men on mopeds approached Ozil's black Mercedes SUV...
Unicorn's Less Than Magical
Morning: Theft, Crash, Hospital
Mar 19, 2019 4:23 PM CDT
Unicorn's Less Than Magical Morning: Theft, Crash, Hospital
2 men charged in convenience store robbery with crowbar
- Too bad his costume didn't come equipped with wings. Police in Maryland have arrested a man accused of robbing a Baldwin convenience store while disguised as a pink and white unicorn. Per the
, 28-year-old Jacob Rogge was wearing the full-body costume when he allegedly used a crowbar...
Boy, 9, Gets Gift From Lowe's
After Lemonade Stand Robbery
Aug 7, 2018 6:00 PM CDT
Boy, 9, Gets Gift From Lowe's After Lemonade Stand Robbery
The North Carolina drinks vendor was held at gunpoint for $17
- A 9-year-old entrepreneur whose lemonade stand was robbed of $17 got a boost for one of his other business ventures from a home-improvement chain, while authorities continued searching Tuesday for his teenage assailant. Investigators were still searching for a male suspect in the Saturday afternoon stickup, said Union County Sheriff'...
9-Year-Old Boy's Lemonade
Stand Held Up at Gunpoint
Aug 5, 2018 4:30 PM CDT
9-Year-Old Boy's Lemonade Stand Held Up at Gunpoint
North Carolina police are in search of a teen suspected in the stickup
- Deputies in North Carolina say they're seeking a teenager who robbed a 9-year-old's lemonade stand at gunpoint, per the AP . The Union County Sheriff's Office said Sunday that the stickup happened near a traffic roundabout in Monroe, about 30 miles southeast of Charlotte. Deputies say the young...
Father of Parkland Survivors
Killed in Armed Robbery
Jul 20, 2018 4:05 PM CDT
Father of Parkland Survivors Killed in Armed Robbery
Ayub Ali was shot Tuesday, months after his son and daughter survived the attack at their school
- Months after two siblings survived the school shooting in Parkland, Florida , gun violence has again rocked their family and, this time, they weren't as lucky. Per NBC Miami , Ayub Ali was killed in an armed robbery of his North Ft. Lauderdale convenience store. The Broward County Sheriff's Office...
Serial Robbers Might Be
Targeting Trader Joe's
Apr 24, 2018 12:40 PM CDT
Serial Robbers Might Be Targeting Trader Joe's
California police investigating several recent cases
- A series of armed robberies targeting Trader Joe's locations in Southern California has police suspecting serial assailants. At least seven armed robberies have occurred at Trader Joe's stores in the region in recent months, including four in Los Angeles, per the
Los Angeles Times
. Stores in Long Beach,...
Former Disney Star Arrested
on Suspicion of Armed Robbery
Jan 25, 2018 8:09 PM CST
Former Disney Star Arrested on Suspicion of Armed Robbery
Police say Adam Hicks was robbing people at gunpoint while they were on morning walks
- A former Disney star was arrested Wednesday in California after police say he robbed multiple people at gunpoint while the victims were out for their morning walk, the
Los Angeles Times
reports. Police say Adam Hicks' crime spree started when he pointed a gun at a 52-year-old man and demanded...
2 Masked Suspects
Entered a Taco
Bell. 3 Workers
Sep 8, 2017 2:40 AM CDT
2 Masked Suspects Entered a Taco Bell. 3 Workers Fought Back
Cops say employees drew guns, fatally shot one of the suspects
- Police say three employees of a Cleveland Taco Bell opened fire on two armed robbers, killing one. Two masked robbers reportedly entered the restaurant early Wednesday and ordered three workers to lie on the floor. Three other employees then pulled out handguns and opened fire, shooting one of the suspects...
Armed Robbers Pick Wrong
Venue: Bar Filled With Cops
Sep 1, 2017 11:44 AM CDT
Armed Robbers Pick Wrong Venue: Bar Filled With Cops
'It's kind of odd you would even attempt it,' bar owner says
- There's never really a "right" place or time to try to pull off an armed robbery, but some places and times are worse than others, as two suspects found out Tuesday. Per the
, off-duty Baltimore County cops attending a fellow officer's retirement party at Monaghan'...
Teen Girls Committed 'Heinous,
Nasty Crimes' in Pa.: Cops
Jul 6, 2017 8:28 AM CDT
Teen Girls Committed 'Heinous, Nasty Crimes' in Pa.: Cops
Kemonie McKee, 16, and Syniah Martinez, 17, charged in armed robbery cases
- "You could write a book" about Kemonie McKee and Syniah Martinez, a Philly-area police official tells the
, but the story about the two teen girls wouldn't exactly be a fairy tale. Instead, McKee, 16, and Martinez, 17, pulled off "some very heinous, nasty crimes,"...
Cops Trying to Stop Suspect
End Up Killing Pregnant Teen
Mar 17, 2017 12:59 PM CDT
Cops Trying to Stop Suspect End Up Killing Pregnant Teen
Elena Mondragon was in car with robbery suspect when cops tried to pull them over
- A 16-year-old California girl who was fatally wounded during an incident with police earlier this week was pregnant, KTVU and KGO report. The teen, IDed as Elena Mondragon, was a passenger in a car that had been reported stolen and was being sought in a bunch of armed robberies. When...
Teen Dies Protecting Mom
in Subway Shop Holdup
Feb 24, 2017 2:00 AM CST
Teen Dies Protecting Mom in Subway Shop Holdup
Cops say teen pushed her out of the way as man fired
- Houston police say an 18-year-old sandwich shop employee was fatally shot as he tried to protect his mother during an attempted robbery at the store. Police say Javier Flores and his mother were the only people working in the southeast Houston Subway restaurant near closing time Wednesday night when two...
Paris Thieves Nab
$5.6M in Highway Heist
Nov 22, 2016 6:26 AM CST
Paris Thieves Nab $5.6M in Highway Heist
Luxury car with two Qatari sisters is forced off the road
- Armed robbers near Paris made off with $5.6 million Monday—from a highway, not a bank. Police say two Qatari sisters in their 60s were traveling along the A1 motorway from Paris' Le Bourget airport when robbers forced the driver of their Bentley to pull over near a service...
Details Emerge in
Oct 3, 2016 10:59 AM CDT
Details Emerge in Kardashian Robbery
Some are whispering Paris incident may have been an inside job
- More details are emerging about Kim Kardashian's terrifying ordeal in Paris on Sunday night, report E! Online and NBC News . The 35-year-old reality-TV star was said to have been bound, gagged, and held at gunpoint, with NBC noting she was robbed in a room in a private mansion. A...
Kim Kardashian Robbed
of $11M at Gunpoint
Oct 3, 2016 5:33 AM CDT
Kim Kardashian Robbed of $11M at Gunpoint
Cops say Paris robbers made off with $11M in valuables
- Kim Kardashian is "badly shaken but physically unharmed" after being held up by robbers disguised as police officers Sunday night, a spokesperson says. Police in Paris are searching for the robbers, who tied up Kardashian and locked her in the bathroom of a private residence, not a hotel room...
See the Calmest
Way Possible to Foil
an Armed Robbery
Jul 13, 2016 9:43 AM CDT
See the Calmest Way Possible to Foil an Armed Robbery
How does this New Zealand eatery owner stay so chill?!
- The owner of a New Zealand kebab eatery kept calm and carried on as a robber-wannabe waved his gun and demanded money—as in, the owner carried on serving his customers while ignoring the gunman, the BBC reports. In a video posted by the Canterbury Police on Facebook , Said Ahmed...
Ex-Trooper Kills 2 in
Failed Turnpike Holdup
Mar 21, 2016 4:49 AM CDT
Ex-Trooper Kills 2 in Failed Turnpike Holdup
Former Pa. trooper was shot dead at scene
- A retired state trooper killed a turnpike toll collector and a security guard in a holdup attempt at a toll plaza and then was shot dead by troopers while trying to escape with the money, authorities say. Clarence Briggs, who retired four years ago, confronted two Pennsylvania Turnpike toll collectors...
'Bonnie and Clyde' Stay
One Step Ahead of Cops
Feb 4, 2016 1:57 PM CST
'Bonnie and Clyde' Stay One Step Ahead of Cops
They're suspected in robberies across 4 states
- A Missouri couple is allegedly robbing its way across the American South with the FBI and US Marshals hot on its heels, AL.com reports. "I guess they see themselves as some kind of modern-day Bonnie and Clyde,'' one Missouri lawman says. The crime spree may have...
79-Year-Old Shot Dead
Hours Before Retirement
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
Nov 29, 2015 6:23 AM CST
79-Year-Old Shot Dead Hours Before Retirement
Family members were waiting at home to celebrate
- A robbery a month ago at the Liquor Market in Boynton Beach, Fla., helped Ali Arezoumandifar's family convince him it was finally time to retire. The 79-year-old liquor store clerk had chased after a man in a black mask who stole $300 worth of scratch-off lottery tickets on Oct....
Cops: 'Cookie Monster' Robber Arrested
Nov 21, 2015 7:33 AM CST
Cops: 'Cookie Monster' Robber Arrested
Hungry Houston-area bandit accused of dozens of robberies
- Houston-area cookies are safe again: Police say an armed robber nicknamed the "Cookie Monster" and a female accomplice are in custody in connection with a long string of armed robberies, Click2Houston reports. Police believe that in more than 30 robberies over the last two months, Eugene Bradshaw, 24, entered...
Stories 21 - 40 |
Popular on Newser
'Holy Cow. Plants Actually Grow in Lunar Stuff'
Thomas: Justices Don't Trust Each Other Anymore
20-Year Search for One of 'World's Most Brutal Killers' Ends
What We Know About the Buffalo Mass Shooting
Bette Midler's Advice on the Formula Shortage Goes Over Poorly
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.