Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stroke, Cancer Caused
Christine McVie's Death
Apr 3, 2023 7:05 PM CDT
Stroke, Cancer Caused Christine McVie's Death
The 'smoky' voice of Fleetwood Mac was 79
- Christine McVie of Fleetwood Mac died of a massive stroke and cancer, according to her death certificate. The document says the singer was diagnosed with "metastatic malignancy of unknown primary origin," per the Blast , which obtained the death certificate. The information was not released when McVie died on...
Pay Tribute to
Nov 30, 2022 7:45 PM CST
Musicians Pay Tribute to Christine McVie
Peers cite Fleetwood Mac singer as an inspiration
- Her peers are mourning Christine McVie, who died on Wednesday , remembering her voice, her songwriting, her human qualities, and everything else she brought to Fleetwood Mac. They talked about her most moving songs, which she somehow produced quickly. "I don't struggle over my songs," she told
Mick Fleetwood Surprises
TikTok Star During Interview
Oct 9, 2020 9:04 AM CDT
Mick Fleetwood Surprises TikTok Star During Interview
'We owe you,' he tells Nathan Apodaca
- This has been quite a week for Nathan Apodaca, who swigs Ocean Spray Cran-Raspberry and sings along to Fleetwood Mac's "Dreams" while skateboarding to work in a laidback TikTok video that has become a worldwide hit. Ocean Spray surprised the 37-year-old Idahoan with a new, cranberry-red pickup truck...
Oddly Soothing TikTok Video
Resurrects Song From 1977
Oct 6, 2020 7:43 AM CDT
Oddly Soothing TikTok Video Resurrects Song From 1977
Skateboarding, juice, and Fleetwood Mac's 'Dreams' seems to be formula for viral success
- In 1977, Fleetwood Mac's "Dreams" was climbing the charts, eventually making its way to the No. 1 spot. Now the song is back in the spotlight, thanks to a somewhat bizarre viral video that's catapulted the song to its best streaming week yet. Per the
Guitarist Who 'Gave Me
the Cold Sweats' Has Died
Jul 25, 2020 12:00 PM CDT
Guitarist Who 'Gave Me the Cold Sweats' Has Died
Peter Green had 'the sweetest tone I ever heard,' said guitar legend BB King
- Peter Green, the dexterous blues guitarist who led the first incarnation of Fleetwood Mac in a career shortened by psychedelic drugs and mental illness, has died at 73, the AP reports. A law firm representing his family, Swan Turton, announced the death in a statement Saturday. It said he died...
Feb 8, 2019 5:00 PM CST
Surgery Damages Lindsey Buckingham's Vocal Cords
The 69-year-old needed emergency heart operation
- A Facebook post from the wife of Lindsey Buckingham raises the possibility that the former Fleetwood Mac star may not be able to sing again. Wife Kristen writes that her 69-year-old husband needed emergency heart surgery, and the operation damaged his vocal cords. "While it is unclear if the...
Phone Call Got Me Fired
Dec 9, 2018 4:36 PM CST
Buckingham: 'Screaming' Phone Call Got Me Fired
Ex-Fleetwood Mac guitarist says it's finally over and done
- Lindsey Buckingham's exit from Fleetwood Mac is official—legally speaking—and he sounds like a man who's getting close to acceptance: "I'm happy enough with it," the guitarist tells CBS News , saying the band has settled their lawsuit. "I'm not out there trying...
'Smirk' Got Me
Oct 12, 2018 6:28 AM CDT
Buckingham: 'Smirk' Got Me Booted From Fleetwood Mac
Guitarist is suing former bandmates for nixing him from North American tour
- Fleetwood Mac just kicked off its 50-city-plus North American tour without guitarist Lindsey Buckingham, and it wasn't because Buckingham didn't want to be there. So says the 69-year-old guitarist's new lawsuit against the group, which outlines, per Buckingham, how Stevie Nicks et al dumped him from the...
Here's Why Buckingham
Is Out of Fleetwood Mac
Apr 25, 2018 1:11 PM CDT
Here's Why Buckingham Is Out of Fleetwood Mac
Stevie Nicks says ousted member wanted tour pushed back
- Two weeks after his exit from Fleetwood Mac was revealed, Lindsey Buckingham remains mum about the cause. Not his former band members. Stevie Nicks tells
the split came after Buckingham proposed pushing back the band's upcoming North American tour, which kicks off Oct. 3. "We were...
Lindsey Buckingham Is
Out of Fleetwood Mac
Apr 10, 2018 1:01 AM CDT
Lindsey Buckingham Is Out of Fleetwood Mac
Singer-guitarist parts ways with the band
- Lindsey Buckingham will have to go his own way. The singer-guitarist is out of Fleetwood Mac, the AP reports. The band said in a statement Monday that Buckingham will not be on their new tour. The announcement came in two terse sentences at the bottom of a long news release...
Top 6 Highest-Earning
Women in Music
Nov 6, 2015 3:02 PM CST
Top 6 Highest-Earning Women in Music
So. Much. Moola.
published its list of the world's highest-paid women in music this week. And once again Sarah McLachlan is nowhere to be found despite what we assume is a lucrative ad deal with Big Tears . No, it appears the real moneymakers are popular world tours and hit singles....
Plans Reunion Tour
Jul 16, 2012 4:31 PM CDT
Fleetwood Mac Plans Reunion Tour
Stevie Nicks, Mick Fleetwood, and the gang are back
- Members of Fleetwood Mac won't be going their own way anymore, E! Online reports. The timeless 1970s light-rock band plans to tour again next year, says frontwoman Stevie Nicks: "It's the plan. Because that's what we do." Lately Nicks has been plugging her solo album,...
Ex-Fleetwood Mac Guitarist
Bob Welch Dead
Jun 7, 2012 6:33 PM CDT
Ex-Fleetwood Mac Guitarist Bob Welch Dead
Police think he killed himself
- Bob Welch, an early member of Fleetwood Mac who later scored some big hits as a solo artist, is dead of an apparent suicide at age 66, reports the
. Police think Welch shot himself in his Nashville home. Welch was a singer and guitarist with Fleetwood Mac from 1971...
Crow to Croon With Fleetwood Mac
Mar 14, 2008 10:01 AM CDT
Crow to Croon With Fleetwood Mac
She'll probably join pal Stevie Nicks sometime next year
- Fleetwood Mac may soon get a new face and a new voice: Sheryl Crow. "We definitely have plans for collaborating in the future, and we'll see what happens," the singer told Spinner.com. "I think that's going to be next year." She would join her friend...
Popular on Newser
She Ditched Broadway Dreams, Became Flo From Progressive
America's Avocado Habit Is Wreaking Havoc in Mexico
Pentagon: US Ships Were Attacked in Red Sea
Appeals Court Delivers Its Decision to Jussie Smollett
Your Walking Speed Affects Health Benefits
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.