Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Gets Some Bad News
Oct 15, 2022 5:30 AM CDT
Manson Follower Gets Some Bad News
Calif. Gov. Gavin Newsom blocks parole for Patricia Krenwinkel after board recommends it
- California's governor blocked the parole of Charles Manson follower Patricia Krenwinkel on Friday, more than five decades after she scrawled "Helter Skelter" on a wall using the blood of one of their victims. Gov. Gavin Newsom said Krenwinkel, now 74, is still too much of a public safety...
Parole Recommended for
Manson Follower for First Time
May 27, 2022 1:31 AM CDT
Parole Recommended for Manson Follower for First Time
Patricia Krenwinkel is the longest-serving woman in California
- A California parole panel recommended the release of Patricia Krenwinkel for the first time Thursday, more than five decades after she and other followers of cult leader Charles Manson terrorized the state and she wrote “Helter Skelter” on a wall using the blood of one of their victims. Krenwinkel,...
Gov: Manson Family Member
Poses 'Unreasonable Danger'
Mar 30, 2022 8:26 AM CDT
Gov: Manson Family Member Poses 'Unreasonable Danger'
Calif.'s Gavin Newsom gives Leslie Van Houten, 72, a 5th gubernatorial denial of her parole bid
- California Gov. Gavin Newsom on Tuesday blocked parole for Charles Manson follower Leslie Van Houten, reversing a panel's recommendation that she be freed after spending a half-century in prison. Van Houten, 72, "poses an unreasonable danger to society if released from prison at this time," Newsom said...
California Supreme Court Has
Bad News for Leslie Van Houten
Feb 11, 2022 12:03 AM CST
California Supreme Court Has Bad News for Leslie Van Houten
Denies a potential bid for freedom from Manson Family member
The California Supreme Court has denied a potential bid for freedom by Charles Manson follower Leslie Van Houten following Gov. Gavin Newsom's two rejections of her parole, the AP reports. The court on Wednesday refused to hear Van Houten's appeal of a lower court ruling last December...
TV Ghost Hunter Rids Himself
of Manson Murder House
Jun 17, 2021 6:11 AM CDT
TV Ghost Hunter Rids Himself of Manson Murder House
It sold for less than Zak Bagans of 'Ghost Adventures' paid for it in 2019
- The home where Charles Manson's followers committed their last multiple murder has sold for well below the asking price after eight months on the market. The two-bedroom, two-bath home in Los Angeles' Los Feliz neighborhood, where supermarket chain owner Leno LaBianca and his wife Rosemary, who ran a clothing...
Jul 24, 2020 12:46 AM CDT
Panel Recommends Parole for Youngest Manson Follower
Governor could still deny Leslie Van Houten parole
- A California panel on Thursday recommended that Charles Manson follower Leslie Van Houten be paroled after serving nearly five decades in prison, the AP reports. After a hearing at the women’s prison in Chino, California, commissioners of the Board of Parole Hearings found for the fourth time that Van...
Using His Ashes
Dec 30, 2019 3:48 PM CST
Too Much? Charles Manson Masks Made... Using His Ashes
Even a 'true crime collector' thinks this piece of murderabilia goes too far
- "Murderabilia" is already controversial , but this piece of murder memorabilia may go too far even for collectors: Two Charles Manson masks have been created ... purportedly using the cult leader and murderer's actual cremated remains. Artist Ryan Almighty told TMZ earlier this month that he and mask-maker Rick '...
Mistakenly Slams Trump
Dec 9, 2019 11:15 AM CST
Marianne Williamson Mistakenly Slams Trump
She falls for a satirical article about Charles Manson
- Marianne Williamson is still a 2020 candidate for president, though she hasn't been generating much attention in the media. That changed Monday, but not in a good way. It seems that Williamson got snookered by a satirical article and condemned President Trump for doing something he hadn't done—...
Court Denies Parole to
'Rehabilitated' Manson Follower
Sep 21, 2019 7:30 AM CDT
Court Denies Parole to 'Rehabilitated' Manson Follower
Leslie Van Houten's attorney says she's been rehabilitated, will appeal
- Looks like no one's getting parole this week. The latest to find out she won't be leaving prison: Manson follower Leslie Van Houten. The
Los Angeles Times
reports that a California appellate court rejected the 70-year-old's latest bid for freedom, citing the "extreme gravity" of the...
for 20 Years, a
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
Aug 3, 2019 11:00 AM CDT
After Studying Manson Murders for 20 Years, a Different Take
Tom O'Neill and Dan Piepenbring are out with a new book on the murders
- The Charles Manson murders have never really left the public eye, but they've gotten a boost with Quentin Tarantino's new film
Once Upon a Time ... in Hollywood.
But Tarantino isn't the only one out with a Manson-related project. Tom O'Neill and Dan Piepenbring are out with...
TV Ghost Hunter Buys
Site of Manson Murders
Jul 26, 2019 12:10 AM CDT
TV Ghost Hunter Buys Site of Manson Murders
'When I walked through that house, I felt things'
- The grisly history of a home in Los Angeles has turned out to be its big selling point. TMZ reports that
star Zak Bagans has bought the home where Charles Manson's followers brutally murdered Leno and Rosemary LaBianca on Aug. 9, 1969, stabbing the couple dozens of...
For Sale: Home Where
Manson Family Killed 2
Jul 18, 2019 12:10 AM CDT
For Sale: Home Where Manson Family Killed 2
Site of LaBianca murders listed for $1.98M
- One of the Los Angeles houses where followers of Charles Manson committed notorious murders in 1969 is for sale. The home in the hilly Los Feliz district is where Leno and Rosemary LaBianca were slain the night after actress Sharon Tate and four others were murdered by Manson followers in...
Jun 4, 2019 1:03 AM CDT
Governor Overrules Parole for Manson Follower
Leslie Van Houten was convicted in LaBianca slayings
- California Gov. Gavin Newsom overruled a parole board's decision to free Charles Manson follower Leslie Van Houten on Monday, the third time a governor has stopped the release of the youngest member of Manson's murderous cult. Van Houten, 69, is still a threat, Newsom said, though she has...
I'm Still in Love
May 1, 2019 6:00 PM CDT
Lynette 'Squeaky' Fromme: I'm Still in Love With Manson
Former Manson Family member speaks out in new docu-series
- Lynette "Squeaky" Fromme apparently has no qualms about falling in love with Charles Manson and joining his cult: "Was I in love with Charlie? Yeah. Oh yeah. Oh, still am. Still am. I don't think you fall out of love," a smiling Fromme said on Tuesday'...
at Freedom for
Jan 30, 2019 5:56 PM CST
Another Chance at Freedom for Youngest Manson Follower
Parole recommended for Leslie Van Houten
- A California panel on Wednesday recommended that Charles Manson follower Leslie Van Houten be paroled after serving more than four decades in prison, the AP reports. After a hearing at the women's prison in Chino, California, commissioners of the Board of Parole Hearings found for the third time since...
Man Who Killed for Manson
Recommended for Parole
Jan 4, 2019 3:11 AM CST
Man Who Killed for Manson Recommended for Parole
Robert Beausoleil was rejected 18 times
- A California parole panel on Thursday recommended for the first time that Charles Manson follower Robert Beausoleil be freed after serving nearly a half-century in prison for murder, the AP reports. Beausoleil, 71, was not involved in the most notorious killings of actress Sharon Tate and six others by the...
4 Months Later, Fate of
Charles Manson's Body Settled
Mar 13, 2018 1:45 AM CDT
4 Months Later, Fate of Charles Manson's Body Settled
Cult leader's corpse will go to grandson Jason Freeman
- A court official has made a decision on the body of Charles Manson—almost four months after the 83-year-old cult leader completed his life sentence and was put on ice at a California morgue. Kern County Superior Court Commissioner Alisa Knight ruled Monday that grandson Jason Freeman can take Manson'...
Jan 21, 2018 6:37 AM CST
Youngest Manson Follower Denied Parole
State panel had recommended parole for Leslie Van Houten, but Gov. Jerry Brown rejects it
- California Gov. Jerry Brown once again denied parole Friday for Leslie Van Houten, the youngest follower of murderous cult leader Charles Manson who blamed herself at her parole hearing for letting him control her life. Brown said in his decision that Van Houten still lays too much of the blame...
It's a 3-Way Fight Over
Charles Manson's Remains
Jan 8, 2018 7:53 AM CST
It's a 3-Way Fight Over Charles Manson's Remains
Purported son, grandson, and pen pal vying for control of estate
- The fight over the body and possessions of apocalyptic cult leader Charles Manson has fragmented into at least three camps competing over an estate that could cash in on songs he wrote that were used by the Beach Boys and Guns N' Roses. Manson, 83, died in November , nearly a...
Manson May Have Left
Entire Estate to Pen Pal
Nov 25, 2017 5:30 AM CST
Manson May Have Left Entire Estate to Pen Pal
But there's some confusion over killer's will
- Charles Manson reportedly disinherited his known children, ex-wives, in-laws, attorneys, friends, fellow inmates, police officers, guards, and the State of California—so who did he leave his estate to? According to TMZ , a pen pal. The man, who doesn't want his name used, tells the gossip site he had...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Woman, 29, Arrested After Enrolling at NJ High School
Five Fired Memphis Cops Are Charged With Murder
The Suspects in Calif. Shootings Are 'Particularly Stunning'
Popular Disney Ride Has Closed, and It's Getting 'Weird'
Lawsuit: Woman, 97, Froze to Death in View of Facility's Security Cameras
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.